🍁Developer Journal - North America Animal Pack🍁

I am! I also used to use ambient mixer to create/listen to themed white-noise atmospheres based off of locations in LOTR 😂
I have a different question regarding sound design in the game. Did you ever have to make an unrealistic sound effect because it is expected from an animal, like movies often do with horses (where they always put the coconut-gallop sound when horses are shown even though that is not a sound horses make in reality)?

게임 내 수중 팩과 동남아 팩의 예고편에서 재생되는 음악을 정말 듣고 싶습니다. 플래닛 동물원의 메인 테마곡을 재구성한 멋진 곡들을 게임에 추가해주시면 좋을 것 같아요.
I really want to listen to the music played in the trailers of the aquatic pack and the Southeast Asia pack. It would be good if you added the music in the game which has been remade from the main theme of planet zoo.

Eltanin Casciani

Community Manager
I have a different question regarding sound design in the game. Did you ever have to make an unrealistic sound effect because it is expected from an animal, like movies often do with horses (where they always put the coconut-gallop sound when horses are shown even though that is not a sound horses make in reality)?
That's what Ben is speaking about in the dev journal with hyperrealism - where noises need emphasised or altered due to what we expect, vs what it's actually like in reality!

YES. FINALLY!!! Thank y'all, I've been wanting to make my own ambience sounds since forever, and now I have 2 sites where I can
you're welcome! also the artists you mentioned prior are all great - good taste ;)

That's what Ben is speaking about in the dev journal with hyperrealism - where noises need emphasised or altered due to what we expect, vs what it's actually like in reality!
Thanks! I meant with earlier animals before the NA pack. The sea lion bouncy ball sound is a hilarious description but also very logical.

Eltanin Casciani

Community Manager
Thanks! I meant with earlier animals before the NA pack. The sea lion bouncy ball sound is a hilarious description but also very logical.
I can't say honestly since I'm still newer at Frontier, but I know Ben was speaking generally so I'm sure there were some, and from my own (brief) foley experience I can basically guarantee it :p Unsure of examples though due to aforementioned new-ish-ness!

I can't say honestly since I'm still newer at Frontier, but I know Ben was speaking generally so I'm sure there were some, and from my own (brief) foley experience I can basically guarantee it :p Unsure of examples though due to aforementioned new-ish-ness!
Thanks for the reply! BTW how did you do this alligator bellow from the video? I remember it was a point of contention in a thread awhile ago if the bellow will make it in, and I'm really glad it did.

Top Bottom