Developer Journal: Weather

Will these heaters and coolers designed for the land animals look like a natural part of the animals natural biome environment?
for example will the heaters and coolers look like a rock, or bush to the zoo public.
or will the heaters and coolers look like an actual heater and cooler and kinda stick out like a sore fat lip?

Weather feature sounds awesome so far. Now we only need to see more biomes. I am really looking forward tropical rainforest.

Last edited:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Will these heaters and coolers designed for the land animals look like a natural part of the animals natural biome environment?
for example will the heaters and coolers look like a rock, or bush to the zoo public.
or will the heaters and coolers look like an actual heater and cooler and kinda stick out like a sore fat lip?

They look like heaters and coolers but you can easily hide them in scenery and terrain, just like Planet Coaster :)!

Remember to put all animals in their shelters and caves when the temperature is hot and day is sunny.
Just visited real life zoo and at least half of the animals were hiding in the shadows as it was a hot day. Extremely frustrating and really "fun" trying to explain kids why we didnt see lion, cheetah, tiger or the rest of the cool animals. We did see some lame birds though. Woopee.

Ohh, I missed more natural things in Planet Coaster. Variation in how things happen, physical things, aso. For example, I knew, every animation is not being influenced in the way it works, by outer influences, wind, friction, and more. Hard to explain.

Everyone is talking about indoor enclosures. But I really wonder if they will actually be possible and if they can be cooled down or heated up to make the temperature significantly different from the outside temperature to make small heated up or cooled down areas unnecessary. I really don't want to be negative nelly here, but I'm afraid we are taking something for granted that is not.

Everyone is talking about indoor enclosures. But I really wonder if they will actually be possible and if they can be cooled down or heated up to make the temperature significantly different from the outside temperature to make small heated up or cooled down areas unnecessary. I really don't want to be negative nelly here, but I'm afraid we are taking something for granted that is not.
I could Imagine when the Indoor Enclosure Happenes like these where Animals return but also could seen from Visitors, there will be maybe an neutral temparature what is not to Cold but also not to warm.

Was hoping we could make indoor habitats also. Like penguin displays so we could control temperature for the animals and humans at the same time.
Is this going to be possible on a larger scale than the small habitats like for the iguana?

Was hoping we could make indoor habitats also. Like penguin displays so we could control temperature for the animals and humans at the same time.
Is this going to be possible on a larger scale than the small habitats like for the iguana?
I hope so, that would make the experience much more realistic and even more amazing in this game!

I really love that you’re adding weather and making it affect the animals. Makes the realism of the game just take another notch up!

I do think adding the ability to make custom indoor animal enclosures (like for penguins and maybe even fish tanks :D) would be so awesome and fun to build. I would totally pay for that in a DLC if I had too.

Somethings that I think would really add to indoor enclosures would be that guests will prefer indoor places in bad weather And in cooled temperatures that they need to warm up ever so often either by going indoors or maybe hot coco. Then one thing I would find really cool would be the ability to control the temperature indoors and have to place ac/heat units and make sure you have enough of them to keep it cool/warm, then have a upkeep cost that very with outdoor temperature vs indoor so hot days cost more (like it has to run more), then you have to consider it when building it. I’ve played game with that and was fun having to think about that.

I still can’t wait to play it and enjoy all your hard work!

This is probably the feature that surprised and amazed me most. It looks so freaking cool and realistic to see snow build up around trees and buildings, to see the rain clatter on the roofs. I only saw it during the first live streams on the Monday before Gamescom, and my mouth was agape. So beautifully and masterfully done.

Top Bottom