Development Update 1 - June

Personally I would be satisfied with a commitment to provide regular patches rather working in the background and to implement some of the quality of life suggestions for the dlc. 😊

Lower the price? no...
Adding more content would be preferable because it would signal a more "long-term" commitment of FD to the game while possibly attract and/or bring back more players in ED.
It was a DLC, so mayube a free DLC , like Cyberounk 2077 is doing.
Of course if Odyssey sales flopped, than no freebies.

Last edited:
It was a DLC, so mayube a free DLC , like Cyberounk 2077 is doing.
Of course if Odyssey sales flopped, than no freebies.
CDPR haven't done this yet. CDPR are good at making promises they can't live up to.

While FDev have been poor at least they provided what they said they would even if it was not optimised as they didn't listen to player feedback nor even live up to their own promises of communication.

Just wanted to post this here as a refresher.
Source: https://youtu.be/1Ibem-dNpHA
. You can fix a game all day long but if the mechanics its self are unfun to play then the playbase will take a vacation to other games. What could help smoth this PR nightmare out is info on what to expect from the game. Not asking for a time frame or even died lines, just what is FDev working on instead of what we are not going to get. CMs, thanks for listening.

Just wanted to post this here as a refresher.
Source: https://youtu.be/1Ibem-dNpHA
. You can fix a game all day long but if the mechanics its self are unfun to play then the playbase will take a vacation to other games. What could help smoth this PR nightmare out is info on what to expect from the game. Not asking for a time frame or even died lines, just what is FDev working on instead of what we are not going to get. CMs, thanks for listening.

Just watched the vid in your post, I don't think pride is the issue, if anything the reverse. FDev seems to lack confidence in their ability to give info on future plans without disappointment. All the 'but you promised' stuff. Rather than reiterating that future plans are estimates & subject to change, or that an intended feature changed scope because of this justification there is only silence until a new feature is almost done.

Strangely this stance has changed since the ED project started (with the kickstarter), there used to be plenty of info on what the plan was and regular updates on how things were progressing & what obstacles were being overcome or were (currently) insurmountable.

I agree that it would be good to give the community something to look forward to.

Just watched the vid in your post, I don't think pride is the issue, if anything the reverse. FDev seems to lack confidence in their ability to give info on future plans without disappointment. All the 'but you promised' stuff. Rather than reiterating that future plans are estimates & subject to change, or that an intended feature changed scope because of this justification there is only silence until a new feature is almost done.

Strangely this stance has changed since the ED project started (with the kickstarter), there used to be plenty of info on what the plan was and regular updates on how things were progressing & what obstacles were being overcome or were (currently) insurmountable.

I agree that it would be good to give the community something to look forward to.
You think you do, but you don't. Just rang so true about the you'd get bored of ship interiors after 10-20 times statement.
I play elite to explore and fly with flight cool mechanics. Having ship interiors that i could explore (slavage, zero g fire fights, ship repair etc.) would be great. Being told that I dont want that because I will be bored by it does seem a bit prideful tbh.

You think you do, but you don't. Just rang so true about the you'd get bored of ship interiors after 10-20 times statement.
I play elite to explore and fly with flight cool mechanics. Having ship interiors that i could explore (slavage, zero g fire fights, ship repair etc.) would be great. Being told that I dont want that because I will be bored by it does seem a bit prideful tbh.

Yes I guess that's the part that resonated with RJ-KNUCKLES too.

Ship interiors, I want ship interiors. I spend loads of time looking around the bridge of my Anaconda and am frustrated that I can't get out of my seat and go through that or this door.

Simply make it part of the gameplay to go to other parts of the ship to perform tasks we already have in the game that already suspend gameplay for the ship, like FSS & DSS, could also "safe" the ship while in the Galactic and system maps which could be in the CMDR's mess room or something. but prevent access while in combat. Trading could be done from the cargo hold, Would also love to be outside and watch bots load/unload and fit/remove/repair modules on stations.

There is loads of scope to make ship interiors integral to gameplay, and not boring at all.

Want a precedent? Lego Star Wars, using the Cantina and other rooms for the game menu. Or Odyssey station concourse, for the stuff that is there.

Also, Odyssey should have outfitting and livery shops on the concourses, and SRV dealers selling a variety of SRV models.

Would also love to be able to explore those parks that are seen on some stations.

Hi Sally, always great seeing your chats. I know you probably cant answer this, but Im curious if EDO is working at FDev. Update 5 dropped, but resulted in worse FPS, and chatters at times, on many players systems. But does it actually work as wanted, in house? It always seems when they do a livestream, they're surprised hearing there are issues, so it must work fine, yes? :)
Torn off the AMD graphics options if you have an Nvidia card.

Really, where did you learn this from? I thought it worked across all graphic cards - but I have an Nvidia and my game went to <redacted> after patch 5 dropped.
CAS works across and is also the best shader based sharpener with a low 2-4% performance hit, most won't even notice a performance difference between the native sharpening and CAS.
Another upside with CAS is, that you basically can turn Super Sampling down to 0.85 and still end up with a slightly better image than 1.0 and the native sharpening, besides getting a bit higher fps.

To Raxxla? :O
That did make me LOL, I found Raxxla and it was beautiful. At the far edges of our galaxy there's an insignificant solar system almost impossible to reach, and on the fourth planet there is a cliff with this message etched out:

'We apologize for the inconvenience.”​

― Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

and below that, in smaller letters: Game Over! :alien: 🖖:coffee:

CAS works across and is also the best shader based sharpener with a low 2-4% performance hit, most won't even notice a performance difference between the native sharpening and CAS.
Another upside with CAS is, that you basically can turn Super Sampling down to 0.85 and still end up with a slightly better image than 1.0 and the native sharpening, besides getting a bit higher fps.
After Update 5, my screen was sharp, but flickery as anything, I switched CAS to native and this went away immediately. Planetary texture generation is also much better since Update 5, much smoother. Before 5, I was noticing that when flying low and slow looking for Biological signals , details would draw in across the whole screen whenever I yawed slightly. Now they draw in smoothly and are much easier to spot.

In my case clean installation of latest nvidia drivers, set them for gaming and then validating game files helped with much more smooth play. There are some settlements or maybe planets where fps stutter still may happen (around odyssey settlements), but except this game runs stable with decent fps in 1080p on my PC (hw in siggy). It simply need further work, getting forward but still long way ahead.

Top Bottom