Dinosaurs Dilophosaurus should be able to poison others, like Troodoon

That may be too much but its spit attack should definitely be categorised as a poison attack, if possible at all. Not sure about its bite.

I'm not sure about whether the game can actually track the difference between a spit attack and a bite attack. If not, then all of its attacks should be poisonous.

Belay that: book canon is that Dilo venom is ALSO transmitted via bite, so all attacks work.

That's correct. However, the point would be that their venom would be different. Dilo's is said to cause blindness and paralisis, but Troodon's is more like some hematotoxin, if I recall correctly. That means Troodon's is far more dangerous and would indeed decrease the general health over time, while the Dilo's would only cause a temporary handicap that wouldn't endanger the overall health... so Idk about this.

That's correct. However, the point would be that their venom would be different. Dilo's is said to cause blindness and paralisis, but Troodon's is more like some hematotoxin, if I recall correctly. That means Troodon's is far more dangerous and would indeed decrease the general health over time, while the Dilo's would only cause a temporary handicap that wouldn't endanger the overall health... so Idk about this.
In fact, there's also something else I do want to add.

Frontier's style for this game's dinos is to keep them well in line with the films to make the best well film themed dinosaurs possible to make the best well film themed environments possible, rather then everywhere else in the franchise as a whole. In the films, while the dilo does have a dangerous spit if it enters your eyes, it's never confirmed or hinted to have a dangerous bite like in the original novels. So, the bite from the novels I don't see being a possibility in this game, but the spit... maybe.

Dilo's venom acts the same way: bites then hides leaving it to take effect. 7 toxic enzymes, not specified that it causes paralysis. Blindness, yes.

In fact, there's also something else I do want to add.

Frontier's style for this game's dinos is to keep them well in line with the films to make the best well film themed dinosaurs possible to make the best well film themed environments possible, rather then everywhere else in the franchise as a whole. In the films, while the dilo does have a dangerous spit if it enters your eyes, it's never confirmed or hinted to have a dangerous bite like in the original novels. So, the bite from the novels I don't see being a possibility in this game, but the spit... maybe.

Incorrect-. It's not "unconfirmed", just not mentioned. But I'll find hard in nature any animal who can spit poison whose bite isn't similarly structured.

Dilo's venom acts the same way: bites then hides leaving it to take effect. 7 toxic enzymes, not specified that it causes paralysis. Blindness, yes.

It's clearly specified, that the venom causes paralysis.

The direct quote from the movie:
"One of the earliest carnivores, we now know Dilophosaurus is actually poisonous, spitting its venom at its prey, causing blindness and eventually paralysis, allowing the carnivore to eat at its leisure. This makes Dilophosaurus a beautiful, but deadly addition to Jurassic Park."

And it only causes blindness, if they hit the eyes...

It's clearly specified, that the venom causes paralysis.

The direct quote from the movie:
"One of the earliest carnivores, we now know Dilophosaurus is actually poisonous, spitting its venom at its prey, causing blindness and eventually paralysis, allowing the carnivore to eat at its leisure. This makes Dilophosaurus a beautiful, but deadly addition to Jurassic Park."

And it only causes blindness, if they hit the eyes...

Yes well how else it would case blindness if not affecting the eyes, duh.

Also, the movie wouldn't have this idea without the book. So I'll always refer to that.

Yes well how else it would case blindness if not affecting the eyes, duh.

Also, the movie wouldn't have this idea without the book. So I'll always refer to that.

Apparently, you know all venoms from the Jurassic period. hahah. Nice one. Could be venom back then, we don't know about today. Causing blindness though bites. Who the hell knows...

And the movies are pretty much totally different from the books, so they are not the best referring materials regarding this game, since JWE has nothing to do with the novels.

Apparently, you know all venoms from the Jurassic period. hahah. Nice one. Could be venom back then, we don't know about today. Causing blindness though bites. Who the hell knows...

And the movies are pretty much totally different from the books, so they are not the best referring materials regarding this game, since JWE has nothing to do with the novels.

In the movies it doesn't say the bite isn't venomous. It doesn't say at all. And FYI, paralysis is a side effect of Troodoon bite too - as you'd know if you played the JP game. Troodoon hasn't appeared in any movie either, but is in the game anyway. So obviously frontier isn't sticking to "movie only", making the case for a venomous Dilo perfectly legitimate.

In the movies it doesn't say the bite isn't venomous. It doesn't say at all. And FYI, paralysis is a side effect of Troodoon bite too - as you'd know if you played the JP game. Troodoon hasn't appeared in any movie either, but is in the game anyway. So obviously frontier isn't sticking to "movie only", making the case for a venomous Dilo perfectly legitimate.

Of course the bite should be venomous. Have I ever stated otherwise? And no Troodon is not in the movie, but it's not in the novels either... Would be pretty wack to only use the dinosaurs from the movies... We wouldn't have any animals to choose from. But the game is still built around the movie universe, and not the books.

Of course the bite should be venomous. Have I ever stated otherwise? And no Troodon is not in the movie, but it's not in the novels either... Would be pretty wack to only use the dinosaurs from the movies... We wouldn't have any animals to choose from. But the game is still built around the movie universe, and not the books.

Without the books, there'd be no movie. And the fact that they implanted troodoon despite being outside the film-canon means that this idea about being built around the movie universe does feature exceptions.

Yeah, still I think the main problem would be that Dilos would need two animations/ways for hunting. As they usually hunt by spitting their venom, it would be weird to have them randomly bitting in order to implemented the Troodon mechanic.

Unless they use spitting for bigger animals, and bitting for smaller species, I don't think that makes really sense. Spitting wouldn't do to actually explain a 'poisoned' status.

Without the books, there'd be no movie. And the fact that they implanted troodoon despite being outside the film-canon means that this idea about being built around the movie universe does feature exceptions.

The books still doesn't have anything to do with the game... I don't see camo Carnos or tree jumping Othnielosaurus... The only exception, is the included dinosaurs because it would ruin gameplay to only have 15 of them. None of them have the skins from the books either.

Last edited:
Yeah, still I think the main problem would be that Dilos would need two animations/ways for hunting. As they usually hunt by spitting their venom, it would be weird to have them randomly bitting in order to implemented the Troodon mechanic.

Unless they use spitting for bigger animals, and bitting for smaller species, I don't think that makes really sense. Spitting wouldn't do to actually explain a 'poisoned' status.

Dilo already bites:
Source: https://youtu.be/bwPc-rEfA4E?t=2528

Top Bottom