Dinosaurs General Gameplay Dinosaur Disease System Rework

I'd personally like the disease system to get an overhaul.

Every disease your dinosaurs get feels the same, Rabies feels no different from Tuberculosis which feels no different from Cyptosporidium and so on, also when dinosaurs are diseased you don't see their health visually deteriorate, in JPOG dinosaurs eventually went Comatose if they didn't receive medical care, that being said, not all diseases should just drain the health of a dinosaur and nothing else.

I always thought that by reworking the disease system, it will allow for a more deeper experience, and allows the dinosaurs to feel more authentic and real.

Dinosaurs infected with the common cold sneeze a lot and eventually after no treatment, it converts to Avian influenza, and if the Avian influenza is left untreated, it leads to death.

Dinosaurs infected with rabies are extremely aggressive and are constantly agitated, and if left untreated become comatose and unresponsive.

Dinosaurs infected with Tuberculosis cough, I imagine their cough would sound like a honking noise, perhaps like a goose honk? Eventually it'd lay down and die.

Dinosaurs infected with Tapeworms can't get the nutrients they require even if they eat, thus they'd starve to death.

Dinosaurs infected with Cryptosporidium dehydrate and refuse to eat, resulting in malnutrition and then death.

Etc, etc.

I don't know if anyone else would like this, but what can I say I'm a sucker for small details.

Edit: Grammar and punctuation.

Last edited:
Actually, this could be nice. It's like a thread posted by someone (I forgot who) about this topic, but with more detail.

But He didn't mention any of this, so.... COOL!🙂 I hope this, and that other person's suggestion will get added, even just some of it.

Actually, this could be nice. It's like a thread posted by someone (I forgot who) about this topic, but with more detail.

But He didn't mention any of this, so.... COOL!🙂 I hope this, and that other person's suggestion will get added, even just some of it.
Well I'm glad someone likes the suggestion. although I'd be a lot of work to do. although I feel it'd be worth it to flesh the system out.

I think you meant this one: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/disease-revamp-overhaul.509403/#post-7747936

Well I'm glad someone likes the suggestion. although I'd be a lot of work to do. although I feel it'd be worth it to flesh the system out.

I don't really think this would so much work as creating whole new species with new animations, tbh.

But it would be an awesome new DLC, if done correctly...

Top Bottom