Dinosaur limit?

I loved jpog but hated that limit of 60 dinosaurs. Is there a limit of the number of dinosaurs you can make in JWE, I hope theres no limit for that.

In one of the interviews 100 dinosaurs was definitely mentioned. When asked about following the missions for creating dinosaurs the developer said something like "If you want to build 100 struthiomimus on your island then you can do.

So seems there's at least 100 allowed. Which is a good number for me. I complain a fair bit, but 100 dinosaurs is a good number.

I agree. It's actually a lot more than I expected and if I remember correctly the limit in JPOG was significantly lower (40 maybe?).

No it was definitely 60, at least it was on PC. But you were able to easily mod that, and increase it. I’d be happy with at least 100. I plan on having a large Gallimimus herd.

Could be. I haven't played it in a while so I can't really remember. Still significantly more than 60. And I hope that herbivores actually do move in herds!

I do remember the herbivores roaming in packs, as well as smaller dinosaurs like Velociraptors and Gallimimus.

Either I just can't remember or we're not talking about the same thing when talking about ''moving in herds''. But what you're describing sounds a lot like it. Know what? I'm re-installing the game just to find out [big grin]

I seem to remember they all congregate together in JPOG.... definitely seen the Torosaurus, Ouranosaurus, Corythosaurus, Stegosaurus all wander around in nice little social groups in the biggest/best park I made.... that's with 100% genome DNA, not sure if dinos with less DNA completed did this though?

I seem to remember they all congregate together in JPOG.... definitely seen the Torosaurus, Ouranosaurus, Corythosaurus, Stegosaurus all wander around in nice little social groups in the biggest/best park I made.... that's with 100% genome DNA, not sure if dinos with less DNA completed did this though?

I think they do, I think once it hits 50% and you can make a dino they pretty much all act the same, I never payed that close attention though. I think I might make a park tonight will the bare min to see if they do.

Since the actual JP had over 200 animals then this game should be about the same. I am sure the consoles will have a limit cause of hardware restrictions. I don't want to see the PC restricted in the same way. But given how we wont have an entire island to play on and not a whole lot of space on many of them I doubt we will be able to achieve huge herds. Which is why in the trailers we always saw at the most 3 or 4 Dinosaurs of each type. Limited space means enclosures/paddocks will be smaller and you don't want to crowd the enclosures with large amounts of huge animals. Cause as we saw in the gameplay reveal videos space matters to the animals. If they feel like they don't have enough space they get stressed out.

Let's say if there's 50 dinosaurs to create I'd defenitely want around a minimum of 2 of each. Now it might sound like the more the better and to some extend yes, but I wonder how tricky it will be with over a 100 dinosaurs in your park.

Sick ones, breakouts, fights, deaths. On top of that I would have to keep my guests safe(to some extend) and all my rangers would be busy all the time. All in all i'm just saying i'm curious to how much dinosaurs i'll eventually will want in one park as more than a 100 seems very hard work haha.

I like to have a couple 2-4 of the herbivores and one of every carnivore with the exception of velociraptors and possible other pack hunters.

I definitely also hope there is no restrictive dinosaur count. 100+ seems like the minimum on a big sandbox island.

I remember it was easily modded on JPOG. I just upped it to 120.

I hope that certain basic things about his game will be easily moddable, even if the dinosaurs themselves aren't.

Top Bottom