Dinosaur POV

Hello!

Two days ago I had an idea. Maybe I'm not the first one that had it, maybe it was already discussed here, if that's the case I apologise.

As far as I know many people would like to take control of a dinosaur, playing the creature. However, that's not the point of the game, as JWE is a park builder and business simulation.

Why not chose a compromise? My idea was that the player can enable a Dinosaur-POV-camera. The dinosaur stays under AI-control, but the player sees what the dinosaur sees, as if a camera was placed in its head.
I'm no programmer, but I don't think this would be too difficult to implement. Many dinosaurs already share the same animations, so Frontier wouldn't have to develop new animations or controls.

And I'm certain I'm not the sole person who'd love to see the world through a dinosaur's eyes, tower over everything as a Mamenchisaurus, rush over the plains as a Velociraptor, feel the ground shake as a Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus or Indominus, rear up onto the hindlegs as an Indoraptor...

So, what are your thoughts on my idea? :)

~Elise the Indominus rex

Well, take a look at my name. ;)

Definitely the Indominus rex, but I'd also gladly give other dinosaurs a try. I mean, this feature wouldn't be a long-term feature, just a nice and fancy little feature in-game.

This would be really cool, and it could fit nicely in with the camera options that are already available when you select a dinosaur. And just like that one, let us toggle through dinos of the same species.

Top Bottom