Direct undermining of specific factions: killing skimmers?

Targeting a specific faction to lower its influence is very difficult nowdays.
1) Killing clean ships of that factions adds up notoriety and, more importantly, it becomes very expensive very soon due to the increased bounties (millions per ship at high notorieties)
2) smuggling....meh...black markets might or might not be there
3) missions targets are random: good luck finding enough missions that target the faction you want to undemine

So... I am trying to be creative. What about killing clean skimmers? do they lower the influence of the faction they belong to? Has anybody tried? That would be great because they bounties on skimmers is low and you don't get notoriety.

Any other good strategies for direct undermining? Let's share!

So... I am trying to be creative. What about killing clean skimmers? do they lower the influence of the faction they belong to? Has anybody tried? That would be great because they bounties on skimmers is low and you don't get notoriety.
That got nerfed a long time ago.

Try holding a faction below 2.5% for 6 days :(

We've been getting fairly consistent results stripping a minor faction of influence by picking up missions for them and letting them expire. Donations are the best as they only have 3 hour timers, then assassination / delivery for 24 hour timers. This does leave you hostile towards the faction in question and you can rack up some hefty fines depending on the mission types. But it would be interesting to see if our results stand up to scrutiny.

edit: scratch that, fker jumped from 1.2% to 2.8% today even though we have been hammering them

Last edited:
If you keep abandon missions of target MF until MF is hostile, let them attack you in RES and then kill them.
Would it work for undermining without getting any notoriety?

If you keep abandon missions of target MF until MF is hostile, let them attack you in RES and then kill them.
Would it work for undermining without getting any notoriety?
Contrary to what i understood to be the case... when hostile most ships don't appear hostile. The only ones that do are military/ police ships, and they don't become wanted from attacking hostiles.

Top Bottom