Parks Discovery Docks park build

The park layout and concept are great. The theming you produce is top notch like always. Very well done on those aspects of the park.

However the coaster was far off of the rest of the park. With the current limitations in the coaster editor it could still have been much better IMHO. Lack of banking on some of the turns and 5 lift hills really removed the excitement value to me. Some of those turns would have been painful in real life and caused some possible injuries.

It would work very well as a LIM launched coaster and perhaps you can revisit it on the 24th (If LIM launching is included in the Alpha 2)

Overall though, it is a beautiful park and again, the theming is top notch as always!

Last edited:
The park layout and concept are great. The theming you produce is top notch like always. Very well done on those aspects of the park.

However the coaster was far off of the rest of the park. With the current limitations in the coaster editor it could still have been much better IMHO. Lack of banking on some of the turns and 5 lift hills really removed the excitement value to me. Some of those turns would have been painful in real life and caused some possible injuries.

It would work very well as a LIM launched coaster and perhaps you can revisit it on the 24th (If LIM launching is included in the Alpha 2)

Overall though, it is a beautiful park and again, the theming is top notch as always!
you might be right about the coaster. i was feeling the lack of g-force data.
it is supposed to be a low-excitement kids ride, like the scooby-doo spooky coaster at Warner Bros Movie World, or the Goofy's Sky School at Disney's California Adventure
by eye i was aiming for low speeds; those lift hills are very short. i tried to ensure low speed by having the test coaster actually slow to a stop - that's why so many lift hills.
here's the side-to-side "violent" ride i had in mind when building it (this photo at warner bros):

6tXBFFK.png

and the exact same layout at disney (ride starts about 0:40):

[video=youtube_share;SjxKPajj1hw]https://youtu.be/SjxKPajj1hw[/video]

if you are right and the speeds are violent, i'll be adding brakes [yesnod][yesnod][yesnod][yesnod]

thanks for the feedback - i appreciate the remarks. for the record, i personally have the same reaction to those two rides as you had to my PC one! i go on them once and then take a break while my kids have 3-4 rides on them. the spooky coaster at least has a "pre-ride ride" through a dark-ride area, and then takes an elevator into the warehouse you see in the photo, but even then the twisty unbanked corners make me feel sick so once is enough for me.

That would be the reason the coaster felt off to me then. I see B&M and think smooth track and quick speeds. As a wild mouse coaster type I could see the layout and overall feel of the coaster working out much better.

I of course was not bashing at all. I do enjoy the work that you do and will continue to watch your park grow!
Hope you don't have any hard feelings, we can all grow and learn from one another!

Last edited:
All good. I appreciate all feedback and enjoy all comments. I didn't pick b&m for any coaster style reason. I picked it because i liked the color! Lol.

Last edited:
As someone who rides Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster at least yearly (it's normally a dark ride, that photo is with emergency lighting on) , I did pick up that you were going for a wild mouse coaster, especially on those flat corners. Some of them, though, are a little bit too quick.
The themeing is great, and I like the area inside the cave where three tracks meet, making you wonder when you'll be back to do the next straight.

I was wondering if (from post 31 in this thread) you were going to add any more of that multi level pirate village (the pic you put circles over) alongside the current 4-levelled section you've extended by duplication, pushing the balloon ride further along?

Top Bottom