Discovery scanner shows 19 bodies but map only 2

Discovery scanner shows 19 bodies but map only 2. Why do the other planets, or moons not show up? Sceenshots below

Thanks a lot for your help.

I am trying not to laugh, really really hard but it is difficult. Did the new commander stuff not introduce Exploration?

Do what our killer hamster says - look up FSS.

Hint: Right (Internal) UI Panel - Codex - Pilot's Handbook - Exploration ....

Ever since the exploration update this happens a lot, this bug still hasn't been fixed. (works as intended)

tease ... ;)

Last edited:
Glad you did not laugh. Yes, new to exploring. Was trading before... Thanks all!

It becomes very slick and swift with practice - I really prefer it to the old system, lots don't but you will soon feel at home with it.

BTW - If you are on a PC I can totally recommend the brilliant 3rd-party app EDDiscovery - fabulous piece of software I never fly without. (It flags up terraformables and also surface features now - very handy.) ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...tool-for-pc-users-journal-3dmap-voice.462396/ )

This is, indeed, working as intended and not a bug. Before you arrived and Discovered it, the Thaileia YP-V d3-81 system was Undiscovered; no-one else had ever been to that system prior to you visiting it. In Undiscovered systems, you need to use the FSS to discover the planets, before you can look at what the star system looks like in the System Map.

On the plus side, you will get your name attached to every object in this star system as First Discoverer... once you sell the data. This will also net you a 50% bonus on selling the data.

On the minus side, you do need to do "Actual exploring" with the FSS in systems like this, before you can decide whether or not to waste any further time on it.

With some experience, you can eventually learn what a star system generally looks like on opening the FSS; iceballs always show up at the same place on the spectrum; Earth-likes show up at a different place, and so forth. It still allows for "cherry-picking" the good planets out of a sytem, if that's your inclination. Personally, I'm always wanting to see the entire star system, so I always stop and FSS everything.

I always run a complete FSS on every star system I visit, even if others have been there before me. You never know what planets the others might have missed... or if there's some mystery (like a Generation Ship or a Notable Stellar Phenomena) that will only turn up in an FSS scan.

Last edited:
It becomes very slick and swift with practice - I really prefer it to the old system, lots don't but you will soon feel at home with it.

BTW - If you are on a PC I can totally recommend the brilliant 3rd-party app EDDiscovery - fabulous piece of software I never fly without. (It flags up terraformables and also surface features now - very handy.) ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...tool-for-pc-users-journal-3dmap-voice.462396/ )

Elite Observatory is also a must have for explorers, alerts you to large and small planets, large rings, jumponium content, extremely elliptical orbits and much more, I also never fly without EDDiscovery, both are vital tools these days.

Top Bottom