Distortion around asteroids in VR

I have a Lenovo and encountered this issue lately again. I tried Kyokushin's fix with even resolution but the effect was still there, even if reduced. I just reverted back to SteamVR 1.7.15, but have no time to test until later today.

I have a Lenovo and encountered this issue lately again. I tried Kyokushin's fix with even resolution but the effect was still there, even if reduced. I just reverted back to SteamVR 1.7.15, but have no time to test until later today.
fix with even resolution (both width and height need to be even) works only on volumentric settings set to ultra (just reminding to ensure)

Did some more testing with the settings.
First I have to retract my previous comment. I have Elite linked into Steam as an external game. With this only the launcher exe shows up then the game is not running, therefore my previous test was done with an odd resolution.

I followed the guide to downgrade to 1.7.15, I had an initialization error but everything was running fine.

1st: SteamVR version 1839100633 with odd resolution, small but visible distortion
2nd: SteamVR version 1839100633 with even resolution, no more distortion
3rd: SteamVR version 1576990468 (latest beta) with even resolution, no more distortion
4th: SteamVR version 1576990468 with odd resolution, small but visible distortion

All tests were done with ultra volumetric settings. SS-settings in SteamVR are 100% global and 156% (1908x1908) for ED. In ED SS and HMD are 1.

I'm not 100% sure if the 1839100633 version is 1.7.15 as Steam updated SteamVR after the first try and I re-copied the 1.7.15 folder.

Anyways, many thanks to Kyokushin for finding a solution to the problem.

I haven’t reverted to the earlier version of SteamVR, but there is definitely something in the odd / even resolution point Kyokushin has made.

I’m using the latest Beta. There is some (relatively minor) distortion with an odd number resolution, but that is gone with an even one.

[edit] Above were both with volumetric on Ultra

Today the SteamVR beta 1.10.1 was released and I can confirm (HP Reverb) The issue with asteroids in Elite is gone.
At now its working on any output resolution and no matter of volumentric lightning level.

Interesting... I've been on the betas for WMR for Steam VR but not the native Steam VR application. Is this typically recommended?

Current system: Reverb, 2080Ti, 8700k

All od this VR i beta. Its like a gaming on early ’90, were pioneers here.

I noticed both betas for wmr and steamvr just work better in that case.

Top Bottom