DK2 and trading?

What about heaving headset ovet the DK2? What about that soft edging on DK? Wont it wear off that way; constantly sliding it on your forehead?

Not having any issues with the headset, it just sits over the DK2. Regarding the soft edging, I am not constantly moving the DK2. I have my trade routes planned, I only need to move it up if I'm planning a new route or using this forum/surfing the web.

I use this to plan my routes https://cmdr.club/routes/

Last edited:
I'm like Kirk, I don't try to memorise everything, just try to spot patterns and figure out routes. I doubt if I'm the most efficient trader on a credits per hour basis, but then again I'm not in a competition (at least not in my head). For me the Rift is just far too much of an immersion tool for me to sacrifice it for the min/max game.

I'm also confident that FD will incorporate trading tools over time, and that they'll be compatible with Rift use - rather like how they sorted out the System Maps.

I'm happily living in my cockpit. :)

I don't memorize everything either - I usually just check the valuable ressources with high output, high demand and study the galaxy and system maps for surrounding systems mirroring them. That's usually enough to find a somewhat profitable route. I then refine it by roughly calculating margins from the top of my head.

I did use Slopeys in Beta 2 (just entered my current system, added the desired parameters and memorized the most profitable route it came up with), but the way I do it now feels more rewarding to me and whilst you wont have the most efficient trade route from the get-go, the result usually ends up being the same just after 3-5 runs. But yeah - just as you, I live happily in my Cockpit - I'm not in a competition.

On a side note, I personally noticed it's really easy to memorize routes using the DK2 - might have to do with the effects of immersion on the method of loci.

Last edited:
Top Bottom