DLC18 discussion and predictions

Random question. IF (not saying I want one or that it is likely at all cause it isn’t) we were to get a recently extinct animal pack, which animals would you choose? (Totally not doing this for a video)
The only thing that would be in such a pack would be my trust and praise for Frontier 😱

Considering the life span of the game, I am actually happy to accept almost all possibilities. Of course, as a Chinese, I certainly hope there are more Chinese animals, but I don't force it, because players from other countries have the same needs. In my opinion, a "mixed DLC" or "global DLC" is the best choice. The most popular species currently lacking in each continent are gathered together. This will be the best farewell.
We need a Golden Pheasant/Golden Snub-Nosed Monkey in the final pack to represent the East Asian Playerbase.

I guess the good news is that we have that financial results presentation coming up on Wednesday which will probably give us something to chew on as far as speculation goes (though if memory serves, we won't get to actually see it or anything related to it until the following day). Nothing as far as themes go, obviously, and I'm not expecting any indicators of PDLC beyond whatever they have coming up this year for PZ... But it could give us some hints around timing if they mention timing for the PC2 release, etc.

I'm also really curious to see how PZ is doing in relation to JWE2 now that there's a console version available.

EDIT: Also kind of interesting that the latest sale ends the day before that call.

Last edited:
I guess the good news is that we have that financial results presentation coming up on Wednesday which will probably give us something to chew on as far as speculation goes (though if memory serves, we won't get to actually see it or anything related to it until the following day). Nothing as far as themes go, obviously, and I'm not expecting any indicators of PDLC beyond whatever they have coming up this year for PZ... But it could give us some hints around timing if they mention timing for the PC2 release, etc.

I'm also really curious to see how PZ is doing in relation to JWE2 now that there's a console version available.

EDIT: Also kind of interesting that the latest sale ends the day before that call.
That’s gonna be interesting I’m gonna guess PZ hasn’t beaten JWE2 but I think it may have doubled in value. Also, it’s really funny that the only thing we hear about this new dlc maybe the fact Frontier has to put out a financial support to mention it 😂

That’s gonna be interesting I’m gonna guess PZ hasn’t beaten JWE2 but I think it may have doubled in value. Also, it’s really funny that the only thing we hear about this new dlc maybe the fact Frontier has to put out a financial support to mention it 😂
It'll be really interesting, I think, and my guess is about the same as yours. I think PZ sales will have increased exponentially and are very close to JWE2 but not quite tied.

What I find really interesting is that they still don't have a release date for Planet Coaster 2. So they're going into this call, talking about the performance of last year and saying "Yeah, we have a new Planet Coaster game and new PDLC for Planet Zoo for this fiscal year but we can't tell you when any of it is coming!" LOL

I'm guessing they may feel compelled to reveal something around the timing of at least one of those things.

Im gonna say Pz did way better this year than JWE.
The addition of console probably gotta alot of new people to the game all at once, and console did pump out alot of stuff to buy also with all the bundles which i imagine did tip the scale in favor of PZ

That's definitely a possibility! But JWE2 has the advantage of being multi-platform much longer, being available on Switch... And having two DLCs in the last quarter of their financial year in contrast to Planet Zoo's one. And as far as that fiscal year goes, console will have only been out for a few months at that point

In typing all this out, I guess I'll be more curious to hear how things have been going in the first half of this current fiscal year and if we can get another vague update on a release date for this last DLC.

It's kinda wild that Frontier has been skating on "we've got more coming, just trust us but we can't tell you when" for a while now. LOL

Breaking news! Footage of Frontier's team in charge of the new dlc has been leaked:

1000039121.jpg

But we love the team anyway!

I don't get the jokes towards the Developers, do they have some odd animal choices, yes! Do they have a lot of love towards this game and are compassionate, yes!

Will the next DLC be a big update, please!
The joke was about the long time it's taking for the next DLC, hence the comparison with the funny scene with the sloths from zootopia. I have no complaints about the amazing job the developers have always made with Planet Zoo.

The joke was about the long time it's taking for the next DLC, hence the comparison with the funny scene with the sloths from zootopia. I have no complaints about the amazing job the developers have always made with Planet Zoo.
The more time it takes, the better the DLC. Unless Frontier is having a PR and Development Nightmare with them being absolutely tired and it takes them 6 months for normally a 16 animal or 13 animal pack in that time.

Or option 3: They are working with way fewer staff members so it takes longer to do the same amount of stuff than before
All animations are re-used by Frontier or Modified; all they need to do is the modelling. Also the Barnyard pack is just a copied and paste Somali, a chicken, a sheep which has destroy all my hopes for Musk Ox looking good if added. A Super Size Pig which is super British, and a Highland Cow. Genuinely the only animal I liked. Alpaca is good and should have replaced llama from the start. Alpine Goat which is kept in Petting Zoos but is super weird to add when the Nigerian Dwarf Goat is right there.

Also yes, the Scenery Pieces were special, but that doesn't mean that the Animals choices are justified.

All animations are re-used by Frontier or Modified; all they need to do is the modelling. Also the Barnyard pack is just a copied and paste Somali, a chicken, a sheep which has destroy all my hopes for Musk Ox looking good if added. A Super Size Pig which is super British, and a Highland Cow. Genuinely the only animal I liked. Alpaca is good and should have replaced llama from the start. Alpine Goat which is kept in Petting Zoos but is super weird to add when the Nigerian Dwarf Goat is right there.

Also yes, the Scenery Pieces were special, but that doesn't mean that the Animals choices are justified.
Wait what wrong with the sheeps look? Its arguably the best looking animal in the game imo

Back
Top Bottom