DLC18 discussion and predictions

Are we really talking about a leak that isn't one, as this 'dictionary' is a public and official site you can check anytime? I don't give it credit for what's coming or not. If anything, what's growing on me is the idea that they could be doing a revisit of each DLC, perhaps with these discussed scrapped animals that can be associated to a previous theme, and instead of adding them retroactively to each pack they're all gonna act as representatives in a farewell group.

Very strange times! The outsource_lqa was probably updated but... I do think the depot not being updated means that it "doesn't count." But it's still progress!

I do think the majority of the new dictionary terms are related to PlanCo2 but the 3-4 people are focusing on are kinda obviously not related to PlanCo2. And that's why I'm leaning into the "they were probably cut and saved for a future pack" theory. Because it would make sense for the particular animals in question given their potential value-add to their potential prior packs versus what they would add to a pack down the line. The one "issue" with that idea is the Howe's Island Insect for the reason you noted. But that could also be another species resurrected...

Man, imagine if we go through all this and the final pack doesn't include the secretary bird, baboon, and/or tree kangaroo?!! I was anticipating at least 2/3 of those to make their way in-game at some point even without the dictionary adds so that would be extremely disappointing. Hah.
Oh yeah with all that being said I agree with what most people are saying, odds are they are probably meant to be in game.

It’s definitely possible that all these were formally scrapped animals to be added later, still that would leave 4+ of the pack currently open to interpretation. Likewise it’s still equally likely that Frontier can just add new words later.

Honestly one animal that I think is likely is the grey crowned crane, very popular, easier animal, words exist for it in the dictionary already.
1726499985960.jpeg

Are we really talking about a leak that isn't one, as this 'dictionary' is a public and official site you can check anytime? I don't give it credit for what's coming or not. If anything, what's growing on me is the idea that they could be doing a revisit of each DLC, perhaps with these discussed scrapped animals that can be associated to a previous theme, and instead of adding them retroactively to each pack they're all gonna act as representatives in a farewell group.
Actually, having an animal pack with an animal representing each of the packs would be super cool! Fun way to end the game.

I mean, if it's information that's not meant to be out in the public but it is... What else do you call it? Maybe it's not a "leak" in the more traditional sense but it feels like somebody at Frontier goofed and either (a) they weren't meant to be in the dictionary at all, or (b) they weren't meant to be added until later. Either way, it was an error that led to information that is very worth discussing in a speculation thread. :ROFLMAO:

I think what you're suggesting is exactly what people are saying: These animals are potentially going to be in the next DLC. I don't think anybody's saying that they would get retroactively added to existing DLC.

Oh yeah with all that being said I agree with what most people are saying, odds are they are probably meant to be in game.

It’s definitely possible that all these were formally scrapped animals to be added later, still that would leave 4+ of the pack currently open to interpretation. Likewise it’s still equally likely that Frontier can just add new words later.

Honestly one animal that I think is likely is the grey crowned crane, very popular, easier animal, words exist for it in the dictionary already.
View attachment 401695
I'd love the crowned crane! And yeah, there's no reason they couldn't add other words down the line. Obviously.

This could go in so many different directions... Because there's also a possible scenario where we get the tree kangaroo and baboon but not the secretary bird. Or we get the baboon and secretary bird and not the tree kangaroo (nightmare scenario for me, TBH). This is especially possible if all those words were truly added in error.

That would be lovely, but I don't think we'll be getting that many animals

Here’s a question, JWE1 got pteranodons at the end of development. The sequel introduced a full aviary system for flying reptiles. Do you think it’s possible Planet Zoo could get something like that? Not necessarily for WTE birds, but any possible feature that may be “half introduced”?

Here’s a question, JWE1 got pteranodons at the end of development. The sequel introduced a full aviary system for flying reptiles. Do you think it’s possible Planet Zoo could get something like that? Not necessarily for WTE birds, but any possible feature that may be “half introduced”?
It's certainly not outside the realm of possibility, but considering the differences between the Evolution games and Planet Zoo, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

I think it’s a fun pack idea, but I think Latin America gets done dirty, whilst other spots feel fairly redundant like an animal to represent Europe

Anything is possible, I guess, but I feel like they're saving birds for a sequel down the line. I guess there's a possibility that we get a few species; some that are in WTEs and others that are in a new exhibit box type/size that's not walkthrough but... I think it's more likely that we don't get any flighted birds in PZ1 and they leverage the aviary system as a major addition in PZ2 down the line.

I'm all for birds, but I think it would be odd to add them this late in the game's lifecycle. Biodiversity would be pretty limited, it would introduce the possibility of bugs, etc.

EDIT: I also think there's an inherent difference in dinos versus birds. The pteranodon is pretty iconic. And for your average player, I'm sure that felt sufficient. With birds, though, I feel like if you were to introduce ~3 species it would just open the flood gates for people to want more because there's no way you can get proper biodiversity with a single DLC, let-alone a sub-set of species within a DLC that will also include mammals, reptiles, etc.

Anything is possible, I guess, but I feel like they're saving birds for a sequel down the line. I guess there's a possibility that we get a few species; some that are in WTEs and others that are in a new exhibit box type/size that's not walkthrough but... I think it's more likely that we don't get any flighted birds in PZ1 and they leverage the aviary system as a major addition in PZ2 down the line.

I'm all for birds, but I think it would be odd to add them this late in the game's lifecycle. Biodiversity would be pretty limited, it would introduce the possibility of bugs, etc.

EDIT: I also think there's an inherent difference in dinos versus birds. The pteranodon is pretty iconic. And for your average player, I'm sure that felt sufficient. With birds, though, I feel like if you were to introduce ~3 species it would just open the flood gates for people to want more because there's no way you can get proper biodiversity with a single DLC, let-alone a sub-set of species within a DLC that will also include mammals, reptiles, etc.
Yeah I get that, I can also see them drop a macaw, eagle, others, etc. then we can run off with them and mod. Like maybe we get like 5 different ones, and then it’s like “ok go have your fun kids”.

Idk I can see them deciding it’s not worth it, but I can also kind of see the opposite.

Honestly one feature I can see them add is some sort herding/ flocking behavior. It wouldn’t be greatly implemented, but I can see it be a feature added last minute into the game.

Yeah I get that, I can also see them drop a macaw, eagle, others, etc. then we can run off with them and mod. Like maybe we get like 5 different ones, and then it’s like “ok go have your fun kids”.

Idk I can see them deciding it’s not worth it, but I can also kind of see the opposite.

Honestly one feature I can see them add is some sort herding/ flocking behavior. It wouldn’t be greatly implemented, but I can see it be a feature added last minute into the game.
They could definitely do that. But my gut is telling me "no." We'll see what happens, I guess! Haha. But if it's in an exhibit format and that's what they do I really hope they keep it simple and relatively barebones (e.g., similar to what they did with the butterflies and bats versus the sloths) so that we can be a bit more flexible with decoration and placement.

Herding/flocking would be a fine addition, but TBH, I'd much rather they focus on more substantive features from a creativity standpoint to end things off... Anything animal AI-related feels like it could introduce bugs or mess with certain existing habitats at this point.

Well if we have 4 animals locked (secretary, tree roo, echidna and baboon) i really hope we get a 12 animal pack then because that would leave just 3 more habitat animals and there is no way all three are from SA plus a pelican 🫠

Well if we have 4 animals locked (secretary, tree roo, echidna and baboon) i really hope we get a 12 animal pack then because that would leave just 3 more habitat animals and there is no way all three are from SA plus a pelican 🫠
Yeah only 3 for SA would be quite a bummer. If all three are super heavy hitters like idk coati, mara and a monkey i could probably live with that, but yeah.
So lets hope that with half a year of time they can maybe squeeze in another animal or two

This also makes me think...

2 are from África
2 are from Oceanía

So... Maybe...

2 for Europe
2 for Asia
2 for South América
2 for Central / North América?

That makes 12.

Is there anything like a Victorian theme in Planco? The other words don't have to mean anything but this one is suspicious at least.
PZ Classic theme springs to mind as probably what it's referring to. Might also be referring to the Twilight pack.

Could also be in reference to being from the Australian state of Victoria, but then Victoria should also be listed, like Tasmania and Tasmanian.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom