DLC's - What do you expect in the future?

Love the ideas about the birds and butterflies packs. I would love those. I always like the walk in butterfly exhibits at zoos ^_^
Im eager for a 'farm' pack, so I can make an adorable(if large) petting zoo. Not just goats and sheep mind you. Give me some cows and llamas and chickens XD

I would really like to see an extinct animal pack, but not in the sense of dinosaurs and mammoths and such(though I would like those too). But animals that have become 'recently' extinct. Like we use DNA to bring back Quaggas and thylacines and passenger pigeons and such. The animals could be quite delicate and be hard to care for, but also draw lots of people in.

Something zoo tycoon did rather poorly in my mind was the desert species, I think they only had two. Camel and gemsbok. I kinda expect we'll have camels in the base game, but the desert has quite a few species. I want to make a desert area that has more than two species in it.

After seeing the full animal list for the base game release, & hearing Bo mention there will be "WAY" more than 50 animals, I'm expecting quite a lot of DLC's. That being said, what type of DLC's do you expect to see in the future? My expectations below:

Farm DLC. Farm building props & farm animals. There have been no goats confirmed which are usually found at Zoo's. Of course, you then have other farm animals, such as chickens, geese, horses, sheeps & cows.

Aussie DLC, as there have been no Australian Animals confirmed for the base game, except for the Croc, however no Kangaroo's, Koala's, Emu's ect.

Reptile DLC. Not a whole lot of reptiles for the base game, so I'm expecting a DLC. I'm hoping for at least a King Cobra or an Inland Taipan. I'm expecting a Green Snake also, as they're usually found at a lot of Reptile exhibits.

Bird DLC. Now this one has surprised me. Lack of birds in the base game, not even something like a Macaw, Owl, Bats, Hawks or an Eagle has been confirmed. I'm expecting this to be a thing for the future.

I'm expecting DLCs more direct animals towards the different biodomes. I'm also expecting an aquatic DLC. A night time DLC. I haven't really seen much in the way of amphibians and insects so I'm expecting DLC for both of those as well. More rides/attractions and building materials that should be included in each with different themes. I'm also hopeful of different species of the different kinds of animals. I still want a Siberian Tiger and a few others. :)

How about a Cat update with lost of different types of Cats like the Cauger, Jaguar, Lynx, Iberian Lynx, Caracal, Pallas’cat, Margay, Marbled cat, Ocelot, Puma, Red Lynx, Serval, Tiger Cat.

There could be primate DLCs, Canine DLCs etc.

I personally don't subscribed to the "Australian/Polar/South American animals will be DLC" train. Just because they haven't been shown doesn't mean they won't be confirmed before launch. Although they haven't officially confirmed them yet, I'd be really hard pressed to believe they wouldn't include Camels, Pandas, Polar Bears, Penguins, and Kangaroos. Small DLC packs will be a thing but I believe we can look at the deluxe edition DLC as examples of the types of animals we'll be getting. Small 3 animal packs will be reserved for not mainline zoo staples but more so popular semi rare zoo additions. The Pygmy Hippo and Komodo dragon are great examples of animals that many could have lived without in the base game, but would make nice additions. Animals I imagine fit this description post launch include Przewalski's Horse, Spectacled Bear, Tasmanian Devils, Fennec Fox, Gerenuk, Bongo, Hamadryas Baboon, Binturong, Masai Giraffe, Takin, Maned Wolf, Platypus, and Aoudad.

On the subject of "big updates" on the only big one I potentially see is a marine update. Though I feel this may be just made into Planet Aquarium. The current fence system is already perfect as tank setups (as you can already even fill them with water) and I could easily see a $30-40 "expansion/new title" similar to Zoo Tycoon 2 expansions. They work as standalone games but if you have both Planet Zoo and Planet Aquarium you could use the animals/tools interchangeably.

I personally don't subscribed to the "Australian/Polar/South American animals will be DLC" train. Just because they haven't been shown doesn't mean they won't be confirmed before launch. Although they haven't officially confirmed them yet, I'd be really hard pressed to believe they wouldn't include Camels, Pandas, Polar Bears, Penguins, and Kangaroos. Small DLC packs will be a thing but I believe we can look at the deluxe edition DLC as examples of the types of animals we'll be getting. Small 3 animal packs will be reserved for not mainline zoo staples but more so popular semi rare zoo additions. The Pygmy Hippo and Komodo dragon are great examples of animals that many could have lived without in the base game, but would make nice additions. Animals I imagine fit this description post launch include Przewalski's Horse, Spectacled Bear, Tasmanian Devils, Fennec Fox, Gerenuk, Bongo, Hamadryas Baboon, Binturong, Masai Giraffe, Takin, Maned Wolf, Platypus, and Aoudad.

On the subject of "big updates" on the only big one I potentially see is a marine update. Though I feel this may be just made into Planet Aquarium. The current fence system is already perfect as tank setups (as you can already even fill them with water) and I could easily see a $30-40 "expansion/new title" similar to Zoo Tycoon 2 expansions. They work as standalone games but if you have both Planet Zoo and Planet Aquarium you could use the animals/tools interchangeably.

Personally I wouldn't want a Planet Zoo and Planet Aquarium as I would want them in a single game to enjoy both without having to go from one to the other.

Personally I wouldn't want a Planet Zoo and Planet Aquarium as I would want them in a single game to enjoy both without having to go from one to the other.
To an extent, I agree, I'd rather it just be an actual "DLC" but I could just see them trying to maximize money (as a company). I am also seemingly relying on that one leak that disclosed all of Frontier's release schedules for DLC and future projects and it appeared to be just Jurassic World Evolutions style DLC packs for Planet Zoo (only adding 3 animals per pack). I'd love a large scale DLC but I can also understand how an expansion like that would be costly. While I'd love to look at Zoo Tycoon 2 expansions and how Blue Fang operated, Frontier seems to put more focus on full games and micro DLC packs if that makes sense. Planet Zoo could have been a "wild" expansion to Planet Coaster like RTC3, but they chose to go standalone. Again based on the leaks, it was actually easier starting work on Planet Coaster 2 and Jurassic World Evolutions 2 than making big DLC packs for them. Planet Zoo may be similar. It may be easier to just make "Planet Aquarium" or "Planet Zoo 2" than making a giant water themed pack.

Those were California Sea Lions right, those were in the base game? No seals in ZT1 I believe.

But yes, I am really hoping for a species of otter, penguins like the african ones or Humbolt ones and yes I would love to see a species of seal/sea lion :D
I'm pretty sure we had harbor seals in base game. Sea Lions came with the marine mania expansion pack. Can't find a list that sorts them all.

I think it will depend mostly on the structure of the DLC, and maybe even an actual Expansion pack.

If they do make an expansion pack, that is $20-$35 then I would expect to see a full implementation of an Aquarium or Aviary. It would be full of specific content like dozens of animal species, new tech for research, new enclosures and new facilities.

As for smaller content, like DLCs, $5-$20 I see them making biomes specific DLCs, containing packs of animals 5-10 and specific biomes like Rain forests, Deserts, Tundra, Grassland and so on.

Besides animals and bioms there is probably going to be a DLC or two that makes the whole visitors, attraction, merchandise system deeper.

Top Bottom