Do baby animals slowly grow?

I read somewhere that the baby animals in this game don't just jump up in stages like ZT2 or even The Sims but slowly grow in size over time, however in all trailers and screenshots, all babies of a species seem to be the exact same size? I feel like I'm yet to see 2 babies of the same species, at different sizes.
Thoughts?

well, in the in-game trailer, they show wolves, an in the background, it looks like there are 3 different sized wolves?
It's looks like the middle is another adult then the two either side may be the same size, just one is at the waters edge and the other is a little further away. They could be different sizes but it's hard to say for sure

It's looks like the middle is another adult then the two either side may be the same size, just one is at the waters edge and the other is a little further away. They could be different sizes but it's hard to say for sure

Yeah I know, i was thinking that myself, but at the same time you never know xD

Quote from Bo posted in another thread "Both juveniles and adults will age and grow, and they will behave based on their species bio." I find this comment promising that we may see some growth. I think this would be awesome especially for slow growing species like elephants and tortoises, but it would take a lot more work by the modelers and programmers so yet to be seen how it will be implemented. I agree we have yet to see any evidence in screenshots. Would be awesome if they posted an image of a single animal through its life progression (like the Sims does). E.g. hatchling/newborn, baby/weanling, juvenile, adult, geriatric.

MTS_lumialover8-1383758-ts4male.jpg

What irritats me a little bit, on one hand we got told that the animals will grow naturally - on the other hand a few days back Bo set straight that the Baby Hippos in one picture weren't diffent sized, it just looked like that because of perspective.
But since it's unlikely that the Hippos were twins, they should have been slightly different sized if they grow naturally...

So I'm actually not so sure anymore if the animals will jump up in stages or if they will grow naturally.

Would be great if we could get some clarification on this one. :)

Isn't that Sims 4?
Nope. These Sims are from Sims 3. Sims 4 Sims look different and teens, young adults and adults are the same model in Sims 4, because EA is lazy and doesn't care one bit about past Sim games or players wishes.

On topic: I guess different life stages is a little more possible than graduate aging in planet zoo. Especially when animals interact with each other gradual growing would take a loooot of work to programm the graphics/movements. You would have do determine were an elephant trunk is for every zentimeter it grows for example.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Nope. These Sims are from Sims 3. Sims 4 Sims look different and teens, young adults and adults are the same model in Sims 4, because EA is lazy and doesn't care one bit about past Sim games or players wishes.

On topic: I guess different life stages is a little more possible than graduate aging in planet zoo. Especially when animals interact with each other gradual growing would take a loooot of work to programm the graphics/movements. You would have do determine were an elephant trunk is for every zentimeter it grows for example.
This is very true, the animators would have to re-animate everything every time the animal got x amount bigger

Animate! That was the word I was searching for. Sorry, I'm a bit tired and english is not my native language. Thanks for making it clearer what I was trying to say. :)

I don't see it as a huge obstacle.. Prehistoric Kingdom (dinosaur game) has babies and ontogeny and it looks so good in the preview I saw once. I think issues are minimal if you know how to do it.

I don't see it as a huge obstacle.. Prehistoric Kingdom (dinosaur game) has babies and ontogeny and it looks so good in the preview I saw once. I think issues are minimal if you know how to do it.

Too bad the game doesn't look that great. They should have focused on other aspects if you ask me.

If Frontier can do that, it would probably look great. If they can't or don't want to, fine, no game breaker for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom