Do you hope that Frontier will improve/alter multicrew mechanics or you are satisfied with this concept? Statistics about current Multicrew concept.

What do you think about Multicrew?

• I like the current concept of Multicrew.

Votes: 36 28.8%
  • I like Mulitcrew but without telepresence.

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Telepresence is OK but we need more roles!

Votes: 48 38.4%
  • Multicrew looks like mini-game.

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • I will use Multicrew.

Votes: 36 28.8%
  • I wont use Multicrew.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • I am certain that Multicrew require improvements but I don't know how to improve it.

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • I quit!

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • This vote doesn't covers my thoughts.

Votes: 19 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Do you hope that Frontier will improve/alter multicrew mechanics or you are satisfied with this concept? Statistics about current Multicrew concept.

So I am looking for info about what are peoples hopes for multicrew...

Last edited:
i probably had my hopes to high to begin with... but im still salty about not being able to let my friends fly my ship.

I don't care. Because whatever frontier are planning will be destroyed by the community, because frontier bless their socks are far too eager to please and are compromised due to people working out they can just shout a lot to make changes happen.

Like most other mechanics. It's not going to survive the run up to release. I am expecting a delay on transfer because people will not cope with "instant". I'm sure commanders can fill in the time while they wait with something else.

I'm looking forward to some of the QoL improvements to be fair. It is frustrating that the QoL changes are the only things that thrill me for new updates.

I mean I can see multicrew being a great way to introduce friends to elite. It's limited value outside of newbies though as most of my friends seldom play now.

Last edited:
I don't care. Because whatever frontier are planning will be destroyed by the community, because frontier bless their socks are far too eager to please and are compromised due to people working out they can just shout a lot to make changes happen.

Like most other mechanics. It's not going to survive the run up to release. I am expecting a delay on transfer because people will not cope with "instant". I'm sure commanders can fill in the time while they wait with something else.

I'm looking forward to some of the QoL improvements to be fair. It is frustrating that the QoL changes are the only things that thrill me for new updates.

I mean I can see multicrew being a great way to introduce friends to elite. Assuming that it's not turned into timer hell in the process.

It was always going to be the QoL improvements for me for this update anyway. I dont see myself ever using this feature.

verminstar

Banned
Dont care because its a non starter fer me...Ill probably never use it so why care?

Also the mods will close this thread and move everyone to the forum trashcan anyway where opinions are lost forever ^

Last edited:
Adding 'I don't care about multi crew, we need more exploration equipment' would of won this hands down, probably by double the votes of everything else.

But for the record... no i don't care for multi crew. Combat is fine as is.

I just really hope FDEV take this into consideration, explorer's need gear, it's as simple as that.

This is getting silly, stuff isn't even out yet and people are speculating judging and pointing fingers?
Apparently it is more important to judge and condemn then actually wait, and see, heck maybe even post actual suggestions on suggestion forums, that they may or may not use? or is it just so important to be 'right'?

This is getting silly, stuff isn't even out yet and people are speculating judging and pointing fingers?
Apparently it is more important to judge and condemn then actually wait, and see, heck maybe even post actual suggestions on suggestion forums, that they may or may not use? or is it just so important to be 'right'?

It is hard not to judge multicrew because Frontier posted message with quite complex description of this. It is clear that the multicrew is not what peoples waiting for and I am not talking about telepresence but rather about simplicity of this content :(.

I don't think that poles discussing a game edition that no one has actually played have much value. It is more about concerns and worry versus actual game play then review.

verminstar

Banned

Its hard not to judge something designed fer combat only while the rest of us twiddle our thumbs with nothing to look forward to. Even going with the minimum of actual information, (nothing new here), I can still say with absolute certainty that Ill never use it, so why should I care? If thats all thats in the update, then its an empty meaningless update to me.

Bearing in mind that so far we only have a single paragraph of facts about multi-crew; yes, I do hope Frontier will work towards improving multi-crew because by the sound of things it is going to be a very early bare bones place holder type of addition.

Two things I really want from Frontier:
● Expand upon the groundwork of the NPC SLF crew feature and give us the ability to obtain (by hiring or rescuing from escape pods) our very own NPC copilots that we can use aboard every two-seater ship in the game. Complete with physical bodies that occupy the chair next to us for that ultimate Han Solo and Chewbacca wish fulfillment/fun.

● Do not let the current need for the existence/placeholder of telepresence (because Frontier are giving us multi-crew before legs) be an excuse to turn space legs into a cheap gimmick - a lot of people are looking forward to the substance of walking around.

Frontier decided to put multicrew in first before allowing our CMDRs to walk so therefore we have a bit of a jarring moment at this point in time where the cart has been placed before the horse - kind of like putting in Engineers that require commodity storage before commodity storage even exists. With a little planning and forethought it is possible to have both walking and the telepresence shortcut without disenfranchising anyone.

Multi-crew already gives us a hint as to how this can be done. For example, if you board a ship by actually walking into it you get to sit in chairs and get up and walk around while it travels, visit the kitchen with the pilot, have them show you their living quarters (ooh saucy! ;)). If you warp into a ship via telepresence you can only sit in the chair and look around. Functions/ability to fiddle with pips, etc should remain the same whether you physically walk in or jack in via the Matrix.

I want Frontier to eventually insert walking around (when they are ready with it) as the fundamental foundation stone of our CMDRs' ability to move around our own ships in first person view and to move outside of our ships/SRV. I want to have the choice to feel as though it is a seamless transition as apposed to a jarring shortcut, i.e. loading screen via cut to black. For this to happen telepresence will not have to be removed, ever. But Frontier must acknowledge that telepresence is merely a placeholder until they can give us legs rather than going forth treating telepresence warping as being the main focus and legs being something that gets slapped in half-heartedly with the mentality of "it's just an eccentric gimmick now."

I of course have no idea how Frontier regards the telepresence shortcut in the grand scheme of things because they don't communicate these things with us so I can only offer you my thoughts on how I think it should be as a player.

The existence of telepresence will not gel as well as it should until we get the update that lets us first start walking around inside ships - our own and others. Then players can rationalise the telepresence placeholder as what it truly is: an optional shortcut placed for the sake of gameplay convenience but also possible within the lore, i.e. we can physically walk but we can also project a stationary solid hologram. And then we can get actual gameplay purposes out of telepresence vs physically boarding a ship. For example, physically walking aboard means you can walk around the ship and occupy control stations at your whim. Projecting your telepresence over there will only allow you to look around but not get up and walk around.

This is how I think it should go in any case in order to allow everyone a choice and to make everybody happy without treating either legs or telepresence like a cheap gimmick.

Last edited:
Said it many times in many different threads, hell why not say it again.

I have no interest in it, I might use it, but I will never open my ship to anyone else bar the one person I know I can trust, he's family nuff said.

Looking forward to whatever else is coming with 2.3. MC is not one of them.

Voted "Telepresence is OK but we need more roles!" but with a qualifier that "more roles" isn't just a pip management role etc... The additional roles need to provide at least a similar amount of fun/complexity as flying your own ship has.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom