Does anyone else think AFMU is not "required" for Exploration???

155592.jpg

yeah! my first Elite-machine! thx for that nostalgia, yianniv! :)
Mine, too! My pleasure, Rudi.

I started carrying them when I moved into an exploration Cobra pre-Horizons, mainly because I had the internals for it and saw no downside to it. When Horizons dropped, I switched to an Asp (for that sweet 34 LY jump range) and kept the AFMU for the same reason. I didn't really start neutron jumping until after DWE1, and so my AFMU saw basically 0 use. That continues to be the story today: I use an AFMU extensively when I'm neutron jumping, but otherwise I don't really use it.

Are they useful for general exploration? Sure. Are they required? Not in the least.

I don't do neutron star boosts, but still carry one, in case of an accident (bad landing etc.). It gives me peace of mind to know that I won't have to high-tail it back to 'civilisation' in case of errors. The longer I am out there, the more chance I'll need one eventually.

I've never technically needed to use one, and didn't bother bringing one along when I was too limited on space.

Generally now though it's just one of those things where if you have the room for it you might as well bring it along.

Top Bottom