Don't think i can make it and I'm gutted

Before i heard of DW2 i hadn't really got that deep into ED. I knew nothing about combat, engineering, scanning planets & a whole bunch more. I joined up with just a few days to the launch, had little funds to my name and did a small amount of research before buying what i thought was the best i could get at the time, my trusty DBX. I've managed to get by all the way up to the Abyss, with just one whoopsie when i got too personal with a neutron star (but then, who hasn't?!). But here is where i now float, pondering what i could possibly do to get myself over the line.

No matter how i look at it, i can't see a way for the DBX to get over to BP. My range is 28 (~30 on very low fuel) and just 5 LY more would have probably been OK. I've looked at route 33 but i think there are around 170 jumps above my range, and i can't hold (let alone find) enough materials for jumponium to boost those and back again.

I've come so far, met many great people along the way, but i can't see a way forward. Currently my only realistic option seems to be to head back to the bubble, tail between legs, and look into getting sorted for engineered parts. That however means i'm never going to meet the BP deadline, unless anyone has any ideas i've yet to think of?

28ly should be plenty to get to BP with the assistance of FSD boosts. Indeed, before I got distracted with a side trek to Colonia, I had fully intended to go the distance with ~19ly.

If I recall, route 33 was intended for ships with 33ly jump range and isn't practical for a 28ly ship, unless you want to do a lot of harvesting on the way. Should be other paths though.

Before i heard of DW2 i hadn't really got that deep into ED. I knew nothing about combat, engineering, scanning planets & a whole bunch more. I joined up with just a few days to the launch, had little funds to my name and did a small amount of research before buying what i thought was the best i could get at the time, my trusty DBX. I've managed to get by all the way up to the Abyss, with just one whoopsie when i got too personal with a neutron star (but then, who hasn't?!). But here is where i now float, pondering what i could possibly do to get myself over the line.

No matter how i look at it, i can't see a way for the DBX to get over to BP. My range is 28 (~30 on very low fuel) and just 5 LY more would have probably been OK. I've looked at route 33 but i think there are around 170 jumps above my range, and i can't hold (let alone find) enough materials for jumponium to boost those and back again.

I've come so far, met many great people along the way, but i can't see a way forward. Currently my only realistic option seems to be to head back to the bubble, tail between legs, and look into getting sorted for engineered parts. That however means i'm never going to meet the BP deadline, unless anyone has any ideas i've yet to think of?

As others have pointed out, you will be able to make it to BP with the use of Jumponium. Check Penny's link on post#4.

For the synthesis materials you'll need to collect, check here : Link

thanks all' screw it, go big or go home right?!! if i get stuck i'm sure someone can come rescue me!

That's the spirit ;)

The dilemma you're facing is something the first few people who travelled out there faced, way back before Beagle Point was called Beagle Point! I personally had a few of those "I can't go any further" moments myself. I got lost in the Abyss, had to retrace my steps, and tried for days to find a way through to the far rim, long before route plotters and Jumponium.

So stick with it, it's worth it when you finally reach BP and look back at the distant galactic core and realise how far you've come. You only get that feeling once in this game.

Good luck!

thanks all' screw it, go big or go home right?!! if i get stuck i'm sure someone can come rescue me!
+1 Go for it!

The only thing to keep in mind is, if you get stuck because you're out of Jumponium and the system you're stuck in doesn't have the Materials you need, then nobody else can help you either. Materials can't be traded unfortunately.

But if you want some help stocking up I'm not far behind you - got ~200jumps to make to Beagle Point (but in a 49LY KraitII). Still, we can meet up somewhere and go good old Rock Ratting for extra materials!

My Shipboard Timezone is UTC+9. Let me know.

Fly safe and see you at Beagle Point!

Stocking up on Jumponium was my main focus before setting off, because I knew my 46ly T9 wouldn't make it to Ishum's Reach otherwise. If I'd done this before Guardian boosters, I'd probably have grabbed a bunch more, just to be safe on the way to BP. But there are probably a decent number of systems which have been mapped in the region and are known to have the necessary materials.

Top Bottom