Double scan is getting really annoying.

You scan object once get the scan complete message than it starts scanning again. It's been around for a while but noticed it's been doing it a lot more since they did the latest power play updates.:rolleyes:

At least if it has been doubled checked you know that the data you are carrying is correct :) That is how I have at least rationalised it :)

You scan object once get the scan complete message than it starts scanning again. It's been around for a while but noticed it's been doing it a lot more since they did the latest power play updates.:rolleyes:

I would suggest that those you having this issue start a Double Scan report thread and put the details in that Michael asked for in this thread, https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=158956&page=4
That way maybe they can see where the exploration server is struggling. All info in one place etc...

I haven't had this problem since 1.3 (go figure) but I am plagued with the stutter problem.

Last edited:
I'll touch wood as I say it...but I've not had any stuttering issues. The double scans seem to happen a little more frequently but it might be my imagination too.

I've been fairly pleased with game stability as of late if I'm honest.

Stutter was supposedly fixed, but the double scanning thing has come on since 1.3. It's really annoying particularly when you are scanning over 100 bodies in a system and it happens. A lot.

In early April when i first started getting double scans & opened a thread & it was reported, i would get 1 body in system that needed a double scan (though not the main Star) & this happened in most systems.

As each update & platform has been added it has definitely got a lot worse, to a point now where every 3rd or 4th body in each system needs a re-scan, plus the main Star needs a re-scan & the 'double honk' happens a lot more than it used to.

I would suggest that those you having this issue start a Double Scan report thread and put the details in that Michael asked for in this thread, https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=158956&page=4
That way maybe they can see where the exploration server is struggling. All info in one place etc...

I haven't had this problem since 1.3 (go figure) but I am plagued with the stutter problem.

That would involve listing about every third system I visited on my most recent trip. Do I cut my play time by a quarter to allow time for this? It would basically be the creation of an enormous database of system names created on the fly and Alt-tabbing out of the game every five minutes to add to it. Or do I park my Asp and go shoot stuff in my Cobra for a while instead?

I think I'll go for option B.

Yeah, double foghorn and scan. Pretty much on par. The devs know this or are willfully ignorant. No need to do their jobs for them.

I was asking myself if they fixed it already since its an issue a long time and I could start my next exploration. Thanks to post it and show me that its still not the case.

+1 for the OP
-1 for FD

Let's face it, it's becoming evident that exploration at FD is at the bottom of the list when it comes to enhancing this fanstastic game. 400 billion systems to explore, and yet frankly, they are all variations of the same thing.

Always.

I wish FD would introduce another organisation along the lines of SETI (Personally, I feel that UC Isn't fit for purpose). This organisation would scour the Galaxy for anomolous signals and offer missions to explorers to go and investigate. I don't even care if it's for 0 credits since we can make money scanning on the way anyhow.

Last edited:
I think I'll miss it once they fix it :p

All joking aside, it is a royal pain in the Asp. Both the double scan and the need to re-honk, does add considerable time to your trip or stay in a system.

Top Bottom