Dove Enigma UA bombed, preventing completion of its voyage in time for the man it was named for.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
FDev, some total twit has UA bombed the Dove Enigma, supposedly preventing it from completing its voyage.
You put this in as a really nice gesture and now its been screwed by idiots.

Please step in and remove the UA bombing component for the megaship during this voyage. This is a special case and needs to be dealt with promptly.

If FDev cannot remove the UA Bomb, then we all must come together to assist in repairing the vessel! Those who can, gather MA and fly out to the Dove Enigma. Those unable to get there can assist by farming and delivering MA to pilots who are able to get out there. This goes for players on all devices, PC and Consoles.

There is salt mining, and there is just being a tactless human. Pff, despicable...

Well, I hate to play devil's advocate, but if it has some special significance, FD should have protected it better. If I was into UA bombing megaships (I'm not, but if I was...) I might have done it completely innocently, because I had to google the significance, it's possible the UA bomber didn't know either. I realise this is a VERY unlikely scenario, but the point is it could have happened, by coincidence, so FD should have done something to prevent that coincidence, as well as the obvious possibility of griefer/dead_inside humans.

Well, I hate to play devil's advocate, but if it has some special significance, FD should have protected it better. If I was into UA bombing megaships (I'm not, but if I was...) I might have done it completely innocently, because I had to google the significance, it's possible the UA bomber didn't know either. I realise this is a VERY unlikely scenario, but the point is it could have happened, by coincidence, so FD should have done something to prevent that coincidence, as well as the obvious possibility of griefer/dead_inside humans.

I find this basically impossible to believe. Megaships aren't common, and UA bombers need a lot of cargo and a specific target. It's always purposeful. One need only google the name to find out what's going on.

Also, and important to note, this shocks even me, and I"m used to trolls. I don't see how fdev could've foreseen such a complete lack of humanity from people.

Last edited:
I find this basically impossible to believe. Megaships aren't common, and UA bombers need a lot of cargo and a specific target. It's always purposeful. One need only google the name to find out what's going on.

It's not important what the reason was, whether it was deliberate or by accident, it obviously should have been made exempt from this particular event is what the point is.

Also, I have never googled a megaship until this one (and I only did so because of this thread), so I for one, with years in the game, had no idea its significance. I'm just saying, I'm not justifying. All I'm saying is this is on FD, not players of the game. A major plot character was killed on screen by a griefer, nothign is sacred in the eyes of some, I'm sorry to say.

There are those that would watch the world burn and themselves in it, just for the shiggles, FD should be prepared for this.

Last edited:

Also, and important to note, this shocks even me, and I"m used to trolls. I don't see how fdev could've foreseen such a complete lack of humanity from people.

I'd have expected it, given the attitudes of certain people on the forums.

Emergent gameplay emerges.
Stop crying and do something about it if it is important to you.

Edit: just wanted to note i have nothing to do with that nor do i know anyone.
I wish the commander it was named for all the best and hope he keeps his spirit. And i hope enough people correct the issue. Waiting for FD to do it is not necessarily the ideal course of action. And i am not sure whether i actually like the course of action at all.

Last edited:
It's not important what the reason was, whether it was deliberate or by accident, it obviously should have been made exempt from this particular event is what the point is.

Also, I have never googled a megaship until this one (and I only did so because of this thread), so I for one, with years in the game, had no idea its significance. I'm just saying, I'm not justifying. All I'm saying is this is on FD, not players of the game. A major plot character was killed on screen by a griefer, nothign is sacred in the eyes of some, I'm sorry to say.

There are those that would watch the world burn and themselves in it, just for the shiggles, FD should be prepared for this.

Blaming FDev for something that requires non-FDev people to coordinate is just misdirection.

FDev did not UA bomb this.

Do not split blame amongst the tossers with the developers who did something nice for someone.

FDev, some total twit has UA bombed the Dove Enigma, supposedly preventing it from completing its voyage.
You put this in as a really nice gesture and now its been screwed by idiots.

Please step in and remove the UA bombing component for the megaship during this voyage. This is a special case and needs to be dealt with promptly.

Wow, can you even get UA's out in Colonia? Someone must have hauled that stuff over from the bubble, really low. Fortunately it is easier to fix, Darnielle's Progress always has a good supply of meta alloys, will need to haul a bunch out there.

Confused as to how the UA bombing would cause problems? You normally only get a few services shut down, not a huge deal in most cases. Am surprised the devs put a black market on that ship.

https://eddb.io/station/market/47951

Never knew about the expedition, wish I could have taken part - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ia-for-Charity-and-for-with-CMDR-DoveEnigma13

Last edited:
Emergent gameplay emerges.
Stop crying and do something about it if it is important to you.

FDev put this ship in place FOR THE CMDR IN QUESTION.
I'm not sure I've ever read something so damn disrespectful.

Plenty of poeple are going out there now with Meta alloys but it should never have happened in the first place, considering we're on a IRL time constraint.

Whether people want to admit it or not, THERE IS a segment of the ED community that are the human equivalent of SLIME MOLD. This is just another unfortunate example of them doing what they do 24/7.

If Frontier had a Perma-Ban policy for obvious sociopathic behavior, we wouldn't be here right now.

I seriously doubt that any of the slime who UA Bombed this eventual memorial station would be missed by anyone.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom