Dragon Age inquisition

As I open more of the gameplay regarding the War Table and Shard collection for which I have not yet discovered the use of I am still hopeful of more depth. Again I only have time for maybe 1 or 2 hours gametime every other day and I have to spread this throughout Elite, DA: Inquisition, Alien Isolation, Witcher 2, one I have not even started yet Shadow of Morgor and some others which escape my mind.

I think it's time for me to focus on one until the 16th of December at least :)

Enjoying Shadow of Mordor. The rivals system, whereby if some random grunt kills you he gets to level up into a boss, and then gains followers as he grows in renown is a great idea. :)

Enjoying Shadow of Mordor. The rivals system, whereby if some random grunt kills you he gets to level up into a boss, and then gains followers as he grows in renown is a great idea. :)

Oh yeah!

I tried playing it with my Oculus Rift recently and although it really brings it to life I have to stop every 5 minutes due to motion sickness. Sweating profusely and nausea are not my preferred states of mind when playing a game.

I may consider waiting for a better Oculus Rift version before trying that out again so I'll just play the 2d version for now, a great game indeed.

Last edited:

I agree it gives it that little bit of an edge that I haven't came across in DA:I yet ...

WARNING: ***Some people may view the following as spoilers***

... saying that though, I played a good 2 hours of DA:I last night while the servers were down here and it started opening up to me even more, finding old texts explaining Dwarven Runes and their Origins and uses, Varric had a few cool asides with Cassandra and I came across a few hidden or out of the way locations with notes that explained and led to a few minor side quests, I even met a random Dalish Mage on my travels who may or may not be trusted (hope that's not giving away any spoilers) and generally began to feel at home with the combat, War Board, crafting and inventory system.

I'm enjoying the lore and asides in DA:I and it's not necessarily dumbed down more streamlined in certain areas for example with the crafting it seems like you collect in bulk before heading back to base to hand in your resources and research in order to progress, some skills that used to be earned through experience and skill trees are now known automatically depending on your class (like warriors gaining stamina after a kill), even collecting 10 hunks of Mountain Goat meat for the starving soldiers felt really rewarding when I returned with the goods to the quest giver in question as it was fitting to the narrative and the rewards were beneficial to the story as well as your own progression in winning favour within the Inquisition and without.

The sense of a growing army and acquisition of territory is more apparent with this as compared with building an army of supporters in DA: Origins I really do feel this is more alive in those regards. I even had a little bit of a diplomatic struggle of minds with a wealthy Orlasian land owner whose land he claimed we were violating with our troops and I am still barely 10 hours into the story.

Anyway I'll stop there for fear of stepping into the dark-side of fanboyism :)

Last edited:
all right - the good:
-lots of stuff to do as it should be in DA game,
-pretty decent characters, and some old friends from Origins showed up
-as I said the game looks nice and runs well for me, the locations feels more open and are pretty big

bad:
-the combat is awful, tactical view is useless time because of a crazy camera controls, also you can`t zoom out far away to see the battlefield. Its just painful to fight in this game.
-some dumped down mechanics, less potions, no crafting.
-the menus and UI are awful, unintuitive and wont work well with my mouse for some reason. And are just ugly, no design at all, feels like alpha test - lazy job here devs!

overall I dont have much fun so far :(

Agree 100%, no idea why some lavish such praise on the game, combat in my opinion is broken, I find it almost unplayable, certainly not fun in any way shape or form and certainly not 'tactical'. I had no idea they could mess up combat even more than DAII, I mean how hard it is to look at Origins and see how it is done, 5.5 on metacritic is about right I think.

I'm a bit weary about buying this game. DA:O was amazing, it was like a spiritual successor to KOTOR since it played very similar and had many story branches.

But DA2 was rubbish and from what I've been seeing/hearing of DA:I it looks more like DA2 than DA:O, which is putting me off :(

I remember Witcher 2 being released around the same time as DA2 and it was so much better it was comical. I'm suspecting that the same might happen with Witcher 3.

Last edited:
I have to admit I am playing more of DA:I than Elite at the moment. I know, sacrilege and all that but I am a huge RPG fan. I never played the original two games. Well, the first game I played for about an hour and couldn't get in to it.

This game I think I have clocked up about 28 hours or so and have just completed what I would assume is Act 1,
where you face the old one and his dragon for the first time.

I'm loving it so far. The quests are interesting, exploration is fun and the combat is engaging. The conversations you have with your companions can be intriguing and can give you a lot of background information but I am pretty sure, as with other Bioware titles, you can safely ignore this side of the game if you wish.

I can see its going to be a long game.

Hi guys just thiught Ill help out a bit. Just got this game for USD 39.99 at origin store. It is a region localized offer and I had to change my proxy to mexico to get it (it was suggested by a friend of mine back in Venezuela) so if you guys are interested get a proxy from south america and get the game discounted, it lasts till tomorrow.

No, after 20h in game I can't enjoy new DA - the UI design or lack of one is killing me. I dont know what intern in EA office made it, but this utilitarian soulless nonsense that I'm seeing is like something from alpha stage of the game. Completely disjoined from the lore. Probably moron that butchered EVE online UI in the latest update did it.

Last edited:
Not a bad game, but it is not as freeform as it tries to be. The juicy bits are condensed into key events, and if you do not approach it "correctly", you end up with tons of outleveled useless stuff to sell, and zero challenge underleveled opponents on sprawling maps you now end up doing just for the sake of completion. Too many low level areas all in all. :)

I have no problems with the interface, but it takes some rather decent time getting used to. They have actually tried to adapt it for the PC, the level of success is debatable beyond doubt. ( Insert the usual console blaming here, whether it is deserved or not. )

I would recommend it, for people that need their fantasy RPG fix. It is after all better than most of the other related games we get these days. But I actually enjoyed the second DA title, with those blatantly recycled dungeons, and quite shortish campaign, so please consider that I'm a proper weirdie that way. Thanks, and happy gaming ( Or unhappy if need be ). :)

Top Bottom