DSSA #127 - DSSA Inverness - carrier info and contact thread

XFITX87.png

This is a thread for information on the DSSA Inverness (X8Y-34X), deployed as part of the DSSA (#127) and the STAR network, at Thraikoo PS-U e2-4.
The carrier has the following services available: Refuel, Repair, Armoury, Redemption Office, Shipyard, Universal Cartographics, Concourse Bar, Vista Genomics.
Tritium is also available for sale, as the carrier is a depot for the STAR network. The shipyard has no ships for sale however: it's there to allow people to store their ships instead.

If you wish to contact me, feel free to look me up here on the forums, in-game, or on Inara!​

General info:
The carrier was originally commisioned as the IGAU Inverness, as a mobile research carrier that led an expedition spanning 50,000 ly, surveying nebulae and gathering biological samples from spaceborne aliens. Once the expedition was finished with the Inverness having delivered the samples to the Holloway Biology Centre at Colonia, the carrier was assigned to the DSSA, and was later renamed to DSSA Inverness. After a short refuelling campaign that was helped by independent Commanders and the IGAU squadron, the carrier reached its deployment location in the Thracian Nebula (Thraikoo PS-U e2-4) on August 29th, 3306.

Explorers who have reached the nebula can travel farther west to the noted Ovomly sector, which houses the only form of spaceborne life known to thrive around white dwarf stars: torus molluscs. Aside from a few points of interest farther in the region, Vulcan Gate is generally lightly explored (at the time of writing), so there are plenty of opportunities for Commanders who wish to make their mark on the galaxy.

Earlier threads about the carrier: the original survey expedition, and the refuelling for the DSSA deployment at Colonia.

Last edited:
I've replaced the carrier with one from my alt account, so I've updated the info above. In addition to the services that were there before, I've brought along some new ones: Refueling, Vista Genomics and a Concourse Bar. The new carrier ID is X8Y-34X.

While I move over the tritium for the STAR depot to the new carrier, the old one (X8V-6RZ) will still be in the system as well: I've restricted its docking access though, so people don't accidentally land on it instead of the new one.

Update: all the tritium has been moved over, and I've sent the old carrier to be decommissioned. In four days, only the new carrier should remain in the system.

Last edited:
I'll be running a tritium resupply mission to the Inverness, and in case anyone might want a lift out to Vulcan Gate, I thought I should announce this here.
Scheduled departure is from Cupinook on Apr. 22, 12:00 in-game time, my second carrier is called the STAR Caithness (X8V-6UZ). If loading up the tritium will take longer, then the departure might be delayed, but it likely won't.
Donations of tritium are welcome, and 100% of the credits from selling those will go to funding the DSSA carrier's upkeep.
Please be aware that since this is a tritium resupply mission, there will be no services installed on the Caithness. Note that this will be a one-way journey, the carrier will be decommissioned after the tritium is moved over to the Inverness.

Also, the newly deployed DSSA Buurian Gold (XFZ-4TG) carrier is almost exactly on the straight line between the Inverness and the bubble, so if anyone wants a ride over there, let me know! I can add a detour quite easily, it should only be two extra jumps.

I've applied for a channel on the FCOC Discord, see the #29-dssa_inverness_marx channel there.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention this when I installed the new bar: the bartender is buying Exploration Journals, for the maximum 100,000 Cr. It's an Odyssey data item that has no use besides selling, but I thought it'd be fun to collect these. So, if you have some that you wouldn't mind parting with, you can sell them here, for the best price in the galaxy!

With the At the Eldritch Gate expedition soon ending and the lost green gas giant having been found, the Inverness will be retiring from the DSSA and STAR networks, and leaving its system tomorrow.
The carrier was anchored in Vulcan Gate from 3306. August 29 to 3308. September 10. Thanks again to everyone who visited!
The plan is to fly to Colonia and decommission the carrier there, departing around the same time tomorrow as I posted this today. I have no plans for any public activities currently, but if in the future the carrier will sail out on an expedition again, I'll post that here too.

Also, I meant to post these earlier, but with all that has been going on, I forgot. Here are some pictures from the ATEG expedition's meet-up on the carrier:
Elite_Dangerous_2022.07.22_-_00.03.50.24.jpgElite_Dangerous_Screenshot_2022.07.22_-_01.15.00.25.jpgElite_Dangerous_2022.07.21_-_23.29.10.11.jpgThraikoo_PS-U_e2-4_20220722-005047.jpgThraikoo_PS-U_e2-4_20220722-003735.jpgThraikoo_PS-U_e2-4_Thraikoo_PS-U_e2-4_BC_3_20220721-102344.jpg

Top Bottom