Dual monitor setup

Hi, noob question (I searched this forum first but found no such thread)
I have a desktop with 2 monitors hooked up. One is a 2560x1440 and the other 1920x1080.
I've seen many play with three monitors which is great but is there a possibility to use only two monitors to play the game?
If so, how can I do it? Is there a choice in the Setup/Settings that I can check to enable it?
Thanks!

I've run triple monitors in the past, but transitioned to a 34" monitor for a much better ED experience.

In your case you have 2 monitors that aren't the same resolution, so you'll probably have to set the 1440p monitor to the lower 1920X1080 resolution to get a "reasonable" result in ED, but even then the result is likely to be disappointing.

I'd recommend just playing ED on the 2560X1440 monitor an using the second monitor for supporting your game play with the 3rd party sites available. That way you won't have to alt tab out of ED to look up things on Inara or eddb, etc.

Even so - if you really want to try it, you need to set it up in the graphics card software first and then in the ED graphics settings. The software for the graphics card will depend on what your using, but should be easy to find the instructions online for your particular card.

HTH

Even so - if you really want to try it, you need to set it up in the graphics card software first and then in the ED graphics settings. The software for the graphics card will depend on what your using, but should be easy to find the instructions online for your particular card.

HTH
Thank you, this reply does indeed help. I appreciate it!
I have Radeon RX570 with 8 GB DDR5 at 1750MHz, I'll look for documentation and software.
Cheers!

Another problem you would have with a 2 monitor setup is that the black bevels of the two monitors would be right down the middle of the cockpit view. as GJ51 above recommends I'd advise just using the one screen for ED and the other for all the websites etc that make such a difference.

which graphics are you using? ATI or nVidia? if nVidia, you have to span both monitors together in nVidia panel. Not sure on ATI

Edit: and no, they can be different resolutions because when You span them together, the screen will become 1 sort of speak with 1 resolution across both.

nvidia surround 3 monitors - YouTube

Last edited:
Top Bottom