Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If you're talking bout the new Dune movie, Denis Villeneuve's one, then I don't get you.
It got to halfway of book 2 of the trilogy, following the books close enough.
8/10 or 9/10 from me. :)

If you're talking bout the new Dune movie, Denis Villeneuve's one, then I don't get you.
Why in the far future ppl wearing this ancient times of earth clothes. No science progressed since then? No fashion progressed since then? Why it looks like some terrorists are fighting with most powerful nation?

Why this is looks like Afghanistan?

Also I dont believe that in far future if humankind will survive, they will make a new wars with each other. Its not efficient way to survive and prosper. Peace is way more efficient.

Last edited:

Halfway the first book of the first trilogy. 🤓

Second book, titled "Dune, book two; Muad'Dib" of the trilogy in my bookshelf. 🤷‍♂️

What comes after the "first" trilogy, is to me like what came after the original Foundation trilogy or Star Wars episodes IV-VI :).

They have scammed you on that trilogy then :LOL: . Dune is the first novel, then Messiah of Dune, then Children of Dune. There's no "Dune: Muad'Dib" book, though Messiah of Dune is centered around the later life of Paul as emperor and his "Muad'Dib" status after the Fremen Jihad.
Villeneuve's movie covers about the first half of the first book, "Dune", up to
when he meets the Fremens and Chani for the first time after fleeing to the desert with his mother.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
The first book is split into three parts: Dune, Muad’dib, and The Prophet. I’ve never seen them as separate books though.

Edit: bit of Dune history from Wikipedia:
“Herbert spent the next five years researching, writing, and revising. He published a three-part serial Dune World in the monthly Analog, from December 1963 to February 1964. The serial was accompanied by several illustrations that were not published again. After an interval of a year, he published the much slower-paced five-part The Prophet of Dune in the January–May 1965 issues.[18][19] The first serial became "Book 1: Dune" in the final published Dune novel, and the second serial was divided into "Book Two: Muad'dib" and "Book Three: The Prophet". The serialized version was expanded, reworked, and submitted to more than twenty publishers, each of whom rejected it. The novel, Dune, was finally accepted and published in August 1965 by Chilton Books

My copy is the Great Dune Trilogy published in the late 70’s and comprises Dune, Dune Messiah, and Children of Dune - the first book is split but each part isn’t referred to as a Book.

@Zieman - what edition of the book have you got?

Last edited:
Oh, we all were right then, thought they were just chapters but they were also books that then became sort of chapters, sorry @Zieman!
Hey, no probs, I think I'm in the wrong here.
Looks like the local translators took namings of those Analog magazine serials literally, citing the exact names listed in the Wikipedia article as sources, hence the novel is published here as three separate volumes, even if the translated names actually refer each volume as 'part'. I've just thought of the three volumes/parts as pieces of a trilogy, when they're actually parts of one novel which itself is part of a trilogy (or 6-book serires).

This is what the info pages of those books say about the source:

Dune, Book One; Dune (c) Frank Herbert 1965
Dune, Book Two; Muad'Dib (c) Frank Herbert 1965
Dune, Book Three; The Prophet (c) Frank Herbert 1965

Contracting parties:
Frank Herbert
Blassingame, McCauley & Wood

I don't think I've ever seen the first book broken into three actual books. I have 4 copies of Dune(don't ask), and they all include the 3 "books" as just chapters. Dune Messiah is usually the second complete book.

Imo, the film was very authentic to the book, the casting was well done, the visuals amazing... but it was missing something... idk what.
Missing a bit of soul. Maybe because I was watching it a very critical mind having previously known the story.
Not sure what it was, but I felt a bit disappointed. Worth seeing though, definately.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom