Abandoned Dust Buster: the space dust removal mod

Deleted member 240115

D
Is there any chance of getting an updated file to remove the space dust in normal space for Odyssey? I did try the 5f5a888d3052e017-ps_replace.txt file from the Github link but the space dust is still there. Thank-you for keeping this mod alive.
There are only two shaders I know of that have been updated for Odyssey. They are noted as such in the IGAU github repo.

Thanks again for the info, I will just have to wait until a new file becomes available. I'm so used to not seeing any space dust over the last 4+ years.
Here's the current EDHM mod, still a work in progress I think, but it should work for space dust I'd think. (I use my own personal script, and it works, so I suspect theirs will work as well).

At first install of the EDHM mod, the dust is still in normal space, I will look into it more tomorrow to see if I am missing something. (it's a high probability) Is your personal script for the removel of space dust in normal space for Oddyssey? if so, could you share?

Last edited:
First have you installed the correct mod?

EDHM for horizons or the skymod for EDO?

You need to edit one of the ini files. startup-profile.ini for skymod
Code:
[constants]

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Start-up Values (set these parameters to your start-up preferences)
;
; This file is best viewed in Notepad++ with the Obsidian or Bespin theme (Settings / Style Configurator / Select Theme)
; https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; ** Supercruise Speed Lines **
; ** Supercruise Speed Lines Brightness ** (0 = OFF)
w120 = 0

; ** Space Dust (in Supercruise) **
; ** Supercruise Space Dust Brightness ** (0 = OFF)
y121 = 1

; ** Space Dust (in normal flight) **
; ** Normal Flight Space Dust Brightness ** (0 = OFF)
z121 = 0

is mine.

All you do is change z121 = 1 to z121 = 0 in a text editor like notepad or better notepad+

Deleted member 240115

D
Nope, I don't use it. I use my own little script. But the hashes all changed today, so updates will be needed to any such scripts.
Ah, thought you were the author! Looking back you just shared the link.

Top Bottom