Abandoned Dust Buster: the space dust removal mod

Does this also turn off the focus panels? I really like having them turn on when looked at, but have found that it gets in the way of navigation too often so I turned that option off. If this disables them, then I can try turning the option on and toggling the HUD.
Pressing this combination makes whole HUD invisible until you press it again. This includes all panels.

OK what am I doing wrong? I'm running ED through steam and have it installed on my D drive; D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous. That's where I extracted the files to, and it isn't working.

Here's the contents of the folder, and the x64 folder contained therein.

Wrong folder...
Place the mod in \steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\

Or search for where EliteDangerous64.exe is located.
OMFG. You mean like it says in the readme? Take my computer away now.
Thanks for the assist. I'm a dumbass.:oops::rolleyes:😬

Is this still working? I'm wanting to add the tweak to add more space dust. I followed instructions but am not seeing any change.

Still working for me.

Make sure that you have the Shaderfixes folder in the correct location and that you've actually tweaked the right parameters sufficiently.

The correct path for the file in the Steam version is is: <the drive Elite is installed to, e.g. E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ShaderFixes

I've attached a copy of my shaderfix file.

Attachments

• 06b5574cbb67cb5c-ps_replace.txt
    722 bytes · Views: 310
Still working for me.

Make sure that you have the Shaderfixes folder in the correct location and that you've actually tweaked the right parameters sufficiently.

The correct path for the file in the Steam version is is: <the drive Elite is installed to, e.g. E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ShaderFixes

I've attached a copy of my shaderfix file.
Thank a mil for this. Somehow I had a completely different file name than what you just gave me. Its working fine now, snowing all over the place!

Greetings. Can anyone confirm that the windowcleaner stopped working? (file: 74a61bc54382d4d9-ps_replace.txt)
I only use
06b5574cbb67cb5c-ps_replace.txt (disables starfield in normal flight)
13c7cd6955a2b95e-ps_replace.txt (disables starfield in supercruise)
74a61bc54382d4d9-ps_replace.txt (cleans your windows + possibly supercruise targets highlights)
89fe00881332dc43-ps_replace.txt (disables supercruise lines)
from the shaderfixes.zip package.
That worked quite fine until... i am not sure, ED v3.4, the last big update?

Additional question: what does the "sort of" mean in the description to
e29d91120fc28c8e-ps_replace.txt (disables glow of lights for ships and stations in supercruise, also works as sort of windows cleaner)

This option as in dust should be an option in the display setting gs ideally

Impressive this has been found and can be removed

When I'll start playing in odyssey if nobody will do those fixes again, I'll do another round of cleaning shaders again. I wasn't sure about some things that I disabled because they seem to do more than simply adding just one thing.

Dust and space lines are obvious. Total HUD cleanup is a bit harder thing to play with since you only have visual flight and no instrumentation. Not only it removes target highlight but also your bottom HUD IIRC.

It was quite long ago since I posted those shader changes but those sort of cleanup means that it removes some reflections from your window and might also disable some effects if I missed that part since those changes can affect some minor effects that I just missed.

Anyway I gave it best descriptions of things I noticed it does.

Also we have storm seasons with power outages here during summer so hosting site might be offline until I get home from wherever I'll be at and power it back online.

Last edited:

Deleted member 240115

D
Awesome. Since the project seems sort of abandoned, I've put up a mirror on my squadron's GitHub. If you'd like, I'll happy provide the link.

So far, the ones I have seem to work fine. Dust, window smears, tron lines, and interior lights.

When I'll start playing in odyssey if nobody will do those fixes again, I'll do another round of cleaning shaders again. I wasn't sure about some things that I disabled because they seem to do more than simply adding just one thing.

Dust and space lines are obvious. Total HUD cleanup is a bit harder thing to play with since you only have visual flight and no instrumentation. Not only it removes target highlight but also your bottom HUD IIRC.

It was quite long ago since I posted those shader changes but those sort of cleanup means that it removes some reflections from your window and might also disable some effects if I missed that part since those changes can affect some minor effects that I just missed.

Anyway I gave it best descriptions of things I noticed it does.

Also we have storm seasons with power outages here during summer so hosting site might be offline until I get home from wherever I'll be at and power it back online.

I would like to give this a try and transform the space dust shader into some sort of directional vector gauge. Anyone could please point me which is the shader file for the space dust? Thank you

Top Bottom