DW2 How many Commanders have you seen - Sag *A

Traveling to Sagittarius A* (Fleetcom)

4 :O yep 4! and that's including Blips on my Radar. Twice I actually saw the ship!

*( I'm saying 4 but I think it's only 3, so hard to keep count [noob] )

Last edited:
Maybe the OP isn't looking properly.
I'v seen too many to count, giving the 'o7' countless times (all in Fleetcomm, I might add) & that's all with trying to avoid player interaction, like hanging around WP's & meeting places!

In Mobius there's usually at least one in the station. I haven't kept track of whether it's the same player each time though.

Maybe the OP isn't looking properly.
I'v seen too many to count, giving the 'o7' countless times (all in Fleetcomm, I might add) & that's all with trying to avoid player interaction, like hanging around WP's & meeting places!

[video=youtube;xwP_dnATGMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwP_dnATGMk[/video]

In mobius I've seen very few 'hollow squares' in or around Explorer's Anchorage and none at all while mining bauxite in the nearby system. Read loads of system chat though, so that has been entertaining.

Are you talking about Open or PG? There's also the effect of open or closed ports in your router settings. Closed ports potentially reduce your chance to meet other commanders as each instance needs at least one commander with open ports. Note that this hasn't anything to do with blocking, cheating or router fiddling. Closed ports are just the standard and way to go for all safety-conscious players. If no one would open their ports then Open would simply not happen! One of the reasons why all sorts of 'Open Only' endeavours are most questionable with ED's network concept that requires at least one player acting as host in any instance. Luckily for ED most players these days don't care all too much about security... :p

p2p how to meet people.....and hack you :)

Last edited:
Are you talking about Open or PG? There's also the effect of open or closed ports in your router settings. Closed ports potentially reduce your chance to meet other commanders as each instance needs at least one commander with open ports. Note that this hasn't anything to do with blocking, cheating or router fiddling. Closed ports are just the standard and way to go for all safety-conscious players. If no one would open their ports then Open would simply not happen! One of the reasons why all sorts of 'Open Only' endeavours are most questionable with ED's network concept that requires at least one player acting as host in any instance. Luckily for ED most players these days don't care all too much about security... :p

My router passes the 'shields up' stealth test... no open ports, but I can still enjoy multi-player if I initiate the session :)

I've lost count but 'lots'.

Loads at the dw2 wp stations, plenty at the basecamps and lots at SagA. I haven't seen any on the way between waypoints though.

Playing open (early on), mobius and fleetcom

Last edited:
There's also the effect of open or closed ports in your router settings. Closed ports potentially reduce your chance to meet other commanders as each instance needs at least one commander with open ports.
Closed ports are just the standard and way to go for all safety-conscious players. If no one would open their ports then Open would simply not happen!

Indeed, any proper Minbari should always approach with gun ports open. It's a sign of respect. ;) :D

Last edited:
I've lost count but 'lots'. Loads at the dw2 wp stations, plenty at the basecamps and lots at SagA. I haven't seen any on the way between waypoints though.Playing open (early on), mobius and fleetcom
Been playing in DistantworldsXB group on Xbone. Haven't seen anybody since the second basecamp. I really think my interactions are limited by my playtime, which is around 2100-2300 EST, so I feel that its a bit late for the majority of east coasters and too early for the west coasters. That being said, I've seen approximately 5 CMDRs docked in EA everytime I've logged in during the CG. I even ran into a few CMDRs out mining. Shoutout to CMDR Ash Kuro, who I passed in supercruise enroute to the hotspot, CMDR Ratthehatter, and CMDR merolius007. There was another one that I ran into in the rings, but I didn't catch their name.

Last edited:
In Sgr-A* itself, I haven't seen many. But in Fleetcomm I usually see at least 2-3 people in EA, often 5+. I've occasionally followed wakes into one of the mining hotspots and run into people that way too.

Right from the start of DW2 (in fleetcom pg) I always met some cmdrs at the WPs, although I never used a beacon to drop into an instance. Never relogged in an empty ini...

At the CGs I was able to send ~10 friend requests each time I get back to the hosting station with a hold full of loot ;)

So, actually I meet more ppl at SgrA than at ShinDezra :D

I'm super confused. I haven't made port adjustments to a router for a game in probably 10 years and I see players in Fleetcomm every time I've played on this expedition. I don't believe my router came configured with open ports. What ports are you talking about?

I've only been going between EA and the ice-ringed planet in the same system. Usually see a few hollow squares around the station, sat and watched somebody in a large ship getting stuck in the letterbox earlier on, but have only ever seen one commander at the planet - I was about to o7 but they jumped out, they must have just been charging their jump as I arrived.

Top Bottom