DW2 is not exploration?

In retrospect, I think it was a good move to distinguish this and other player events. It just caught me a little off guard at the time. And to be fair, not everyone on DW2 is a space vagabond like me anyway.

Tourism, OK... I get it.

But either way, did someone ask for our own forum section here? Seems needlessly obfuscated from the forums when this in many respects is the game.

After 3.3, and if it weren't for DW2, I'd be taking a long walk from "exploration" (parking and mucking around in static POV maps).

Since DW2, 3.3 is doable, thanks to everyone else and the journey we're on together.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this?

Last edited:
Forum section is called "special events", not tourism.

Though if must be said, it should be called "special event" right now :)

I guess they didn't want the exploration forum to be swamped by dw2. Good luck with that..

Until just right now, every system I went to was already discovered. :D

But just this second, I landed in a system that's undiscovered. Finally!!! Not much of exploration if everything is explored already.

Until just right now, every system I went to was already discovered. :D

But just this second, I landed in a system that's undiscovered. Finally!!! Not much of exploration if everything is explored already.

You do know I had to make it through about 35K LY just to make it in time for DW2 over the last couple days. I feel like... wait, it's probably not allowed on these forums... something, something, Valhalla virgin systems. I'll make a hot sauce based on the peppers I'm growing via Australia for those who like flavor. But I digress.

All I'm saying is that it seems kind of weird to me to compartmentalize DW2 and "fam" this way, and make it less accessible from the forums proper, unless you know what you're looking for. DW2 is anything but a private club, leastwise as I can see.

Last edited:
I'm flying about 1kLY from the direct route and most systems are unvisited. Found my first NSP, FINALLY. Three in the same system, two in a ring and one LaGrange. I have to remember to post some pics...

I'm flying about 1kLY from the direct route and most systems are unvisited. Found my first NSP, FINALLY. Three in the same system, two in a ring and one LaGrange. I have to remember to post some pics...

This is sound advise. Tested this earlier today heading out past the Eagle Nebula. That route is indeed still sparsely explored. Made a lot of discoveries today. Even switched on the Star filter and excluded K and M systems and was pleasantly surprised.

As always, I'm on the look out for interesting and unusual things. :)
58630x1154.jpg

This is exploration special event. Imo good thin they moved it here, the exploration forums was becoming a total clusterf...

Same here. Swung wide through a system I'd previously bookmarked, and I've been plotting to waypoints from this reference, then as I leave suggested stops, jumping a few hundred light years perpendicular to the next stop. Lots still to be discovered out here, and lots of pretty pictures to be taken.

Well, I guess it makes enough sense, if a bit detached from the forums proper. Just another subsection I have to check and cycle through to keep up on things. Grumble, grumble.

Have fun. o7

Tourism, OK... I get it.

But either way, did someone ask for our own forum section here? Seems needlessly obfuscated from the forums when this in many respects is the game.

After 3.3, and if it weren't for DW2, I'd be taking a long walk from "exploration" (parking and mucking around in static POV maps).

Since DW2, 3.3 is doable, thanks to everyone else and the journey we're on together.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this?

If you are going to places you have never been to before, it's exploration. Yes tourist can explore too.

If you are going to places you have never been to before, it's exploration. Yes tourist can explore too.

Sure, at least to some extent – some pioneering aspects perhaps not withstanding. Either way, I was playing devil's advocate.

But what do I know? I'm just a space vagabond anyway. :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
But either way, did someone ask for our own forum section here?
No idea for DW2, but back during DW1, the organisers did - and were refused.

Personally, I think it was a good idea to grant this now. The exploration subforum would be swamped with threads instead, and discussing other exploration would be considerably more difficult. Plus DW2 can have more stickies now, which is even more useful.

Top Bottom