DW2 Roleplay events including ED:RPG Campaign

Link:

DW2 Role play events.

Elite Dangerous plc disclaimer.
The Mystic interactive story is a interactive and interwoven story that uses parts of EDRPG, in game events and fictional parts, this story was created using assets and imagery from Elite Dangerous, with the permission of Frontier Developments plc, for non-commercial purposes. It is not endorsed by nor reflects the views or opinions of Frontier Development and no employee of Frontier Developments was involved in the making of it.

The above disclaimer is to state that while frontier is helping support the dw2 expedition, the fictional parts of the Mystic interactive story dose not reflect any current or future storyline plans to the best of my knowledge.
Cmdr Wishblend

Current planned role play events.

The Mystic interactive story

The Mystic interactive story encompasses the following projects:

DW2 ED:RPG Campaign ( Emma Storm story arc)
The Puzzle of the Gravitational anomalies.

DW2 ED:RPG Campaign

XLgLwH7.gif

DW2 ED:RPG is a role playing game based in the Elite Dangerous universe. Join us as the players work on the puzzle of the crystalline keys, and make a shocking discovery during the expedition's journey across the galaxy.
(Emma Storm story arc - Outbound)

This project will be headed up by Wishblend.

Discussion and Coordination : FleetComm Discord #dw2-roleplay

The Puzzle of the Gravitational Anomalies and sending out a SOS

Five unknown gravitational anomalies have been detected along the Distant Worlds 2 expedition’s route. Two groups have decided to investigate and see if there is anything of note at the locations.

What will they find and how will it affect the expedition?
Fighters will be needed to take part in all five of the events.
Chose a side and help determine whose story is told.

Sendin' out an S. O. S.

Sendin' out an S. O. S. is a cryptic puzzle that will lead the players to a real location somewhere in the Milky Way Galaxy. This puzzle is split into five parts, with a bonus sixth part being revealed ONLY if the location is discovered.

Additional role play events will be added here with links to them will be added here.

Last edited:
Expedition house rules in relation to EDRPG adventures.
Expedition members take there ship they are using on the expedition and create a copy of it to use in EDRPG
(Help is available in converting your ships if needed, contact Cmdr Wishblend for help - special note: special outfitting options can be used if needed to fit certain weapons or srv if needed but it would be best if you have them before if possible)

EDRPG FAQ
Q) What happens if my ship gets destroyed in a EDRPG adventure?
A) Whilst on the DW2 expedition, any main ship destroyed in a EDRPG adventure will be classed as disabled and will be repaired by the mechanics of the expedition.
Q) What happens if I can not attend all the role play events?
A) While the Role play events are all interconnected, the DW2 EDRPG adventure is more so as each adventure builds part of the story and leads towards the next adventure.
Q) How many players can take part in the EDRPG adventures?
A) There will be spaces for up to four players (five at a push).

Bandits FAQ
Details to be announced
Date to be announced.

Sendin' out an S. O. S. FAQ
Details to be announced.
Date to be announced.

Last edited:
Next Role Play event:- DW2 EDRPG Adventure: Lost Knowledge // Date TBA (Await announcement)

Last edited:
Distant Worlds 2 Roleplay master timeline
(Sunday 13th January 2019)
DW2 starts
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(Saturday 19th January 2019)
DW2 EDRPG - Lost Knowledge
(Saturday 26th January 2019)
Bandit versus Fleet Defence force encounter 1
(Saturday 02nd February 2019)
DW2 EDRPG - The Lost World
(Saturday 09th February 2019)
DW2 EDRPG - Galactic Recovery Agency
(Saturday 16th February 2019)
Bandit versus Fleet Defence force encounter 2
(Saturday 9th March 2019)
DW2 EDRPG - Trapped
(Saturday 16th March 2019)
Bandit versus Fleet Defence force encounter 3
(Saturday 6th April 2019)
DW2 EDRPG - Base Repair
(Saturday 13th April 2019)
DW2 EDRPG - Save the Children
(Saturday 20th April 2019)
Bandit versus Fleet Defence force encounter 4
(Saturday 11th May 2019)
DW2 EDRPG - It's not what you know
(Saturday 4th May 2019)
Bandit versus Fleet Defence force encounter 5
(Saturday 25th May 2019)
DW2 EDRPG - Nut Cracker
(Saturday 25th May 2019)
DW2 arrives at Beagle Point.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​

Last edited:
The dw2 EDRPG campaign needs 3 to 4 cmdrs per adventure but I can stretch to 5 cmdrs per adventure but note it will slow the number of turns, each adventure is scheduled to last up to 2 hours starting 19:30 / 20:00 UK time.
If you are interested in taking part in the EDRPG adventures, let me know as well as telling me your discord & frontier forums names.
Cmdr Wishblend

I will be available for EDRPG instructions and help most of Saturday 5th January and that I am looking for the players that will be taking part in the DW2 EDRPG campaign, I can run it with 3 or 4 players and up to 5 players at a push as that will reduce the number of turns. The voice during the events will be held in Fleetcom HQ voice and the gameplay will be held in https://roll20.net/

This sounds really interesting. I'm still playing a pen and paper rpg I started like 25y ago in school, haven't tried a Sci-Fi setting yet. But unfortunately it's difficult for me to dedicate time for this (first child since a few weeks). Probably I'd also need the ED RPG books/documents to participate?

I am very interested. However, I’m Alaska time zone and don’t want to commit unless these events are happening during a time of the day I can make. What time are they running?

The time of the EDRPG adventures will be at 19:30 (7:30 pm) uk time on Saturdays.
Having the EDRPG main core book will help you understand the game mechanics and help set up your characters but will not be needed for the actual adventures.

The time of the EDRPG adventures will be at 19:30 (7:30 pm) uk time on Saturdays.
Having the EDRPG main core book will help you understand the game mechanics and help set up your characters but will not be needed for the actual adventures.

Thanks!

This sounds really fun! I'm a long-time pen & paper RPG player/DM and I've been wanting to give EDRPG a try (I have the main book). I'd love to get in on this.

I'm going through your info on the Discord server now and will ping you there if I run in to any trouble!

CMDR Silversheen
DW2 Fleet Mechanic

DW2 EDRPG Emma Storm Campaign FAQ

What is required to get ready for the dw2 EDRPG campaign?

Take your DW2 ship and convert it onto the EDRPG form.

Use the pinned fillable pdf forms to fill out a character, ship and srv sheets by using the EDRPG core book to fill out.

Join the Fleetcom HQ discord and join the #dw2-ed-rpg room and say that you are taking part
Join https://roll20.net/ to you can take part in the adventures
Have a mike so you can talk and listen to the adventures

Campaign House Rules
Ship weapons will be required for certain adventures, if cmdr’s on dw2 do not have weapons fitted on their elite dangerous online ships, the players can add them onto the EDRPG ship sheets but only the basic weapons (only what is available in the main game).

If any ships are destroyed in EDRPG combat, they are classed as disabled and will be fixed by the rest of the dw2 fleet mechanics after the current adventure is finished.

Time frame - Each adventure will last 2 hours

The dates are listed below.

(Sunday 13th January 2019) 7:30pm - 8pm till 10pm In Game Time
DW2 starts
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(Saturday 19th January 2019) 7:30pm - 8pm till 10pm In Game Time
DW2 EDRPG - Lost Knowledge
(Saturday 02nd February 2019) 7:30pm - 8pm till 10pm In Game Time
DW2 EDRPG - The Lost World
(Saturday 09th February 2019) 7:30pm - 8pm till 10pm In Game Time
DW2 EDRPG - Galactic Recovery Agency
(Saturday 9th March 2019) 7:30pm - 8pm till 10pm In Game Time
DW2 EDRPG - Trapped

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/uk/london?year=2019
Uk Daylight Saving Time Starts

(Saturday 6th April 2019) 8:30pm - 9pm till 11pm In Game Time
DW2 EDRPG - Base Repair
(Saturday 13th April 2019) 8:30pm - 9pm till 11pm In Game Time
DW2 EDRPG - Save the Children
(Saturday 11th May) 8:30pm - 9pm till 11pm In Game Time
DW2 EDRPG - It's not what you know

Date to be confirmed
(Saturday 25th May 2019) 8:30pm - 9pm till 11pm In Game Time
DW2 EDRPG - Nut Cracker

Last edited:
Ordered the EDRPG Main core book - hope it'll arrive this week and that I find time to participate in some EDRPG events. Thanks for organizing :)

Just as a thought: I guess many people want to be playing ed during the start of the expedition on the 13th. So perhaps do the role play event not at the same time?

Ordered the EDRPG Main core book - hope it'll arrive this week and that I find time to participate in some EDRPG events. Thanks for organizing :)

Just as a thought: I guess many people want to be playing ed during the start of the expedition on the 13th. So perhaps do the role play event not at the same time?

The dates are scheduled around my work shifts and to try and tie into the activities and possible locations on DW2, but I am willing to provide help and advise to others who want to have a go at EDRPG adventures - there is a ample adventure on the edrpg.co.uk website https://www.edrpg.co.uk/free-stuff/ ( If I am not allowed to post the link to that site, would a moderator just edit the post without a warning please)

Wishblend, why have you ignored all attempts by the Distant Ganks 2 fleet to broker a peace treaty and end the destruction of DW2 ships (900 and counting so far)?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/472536-900-Distant-World-2-explorers-have-been-destroyed-by-my-forces-but-I-wish-to-propose-a-truce

Last edited:
Top Bottom