Distant Worlds II Event DW2 XBOX edition

Gary Richards

Executive Producer
Frontier
I've tried to go my own way from WP11 rather than following any sort of route and spent a good portion of the weekend navigating through The Asyss where progress has been slow. I've now steered toward the Grand Rings in the hope of finding a path of less resistance and have had to stop to gather some more Polonium as I've run out. I'm about 2k from the Grand Rings and 6k from Beagle Point. I salute those who have already completed the journey and wish best of luck to those still travelling.

o7

There are still folks at Beagle Point and Semotus Beacon, who are planning to hang around for a while. Don't be disheartened if you don't see anyone when you first get there.

Gary Richards

Executive Producer
Frontier
Thanks for all the offers, after a couple of hours last night of manual navigation and FSD injections, I've managed to get onto a route to the Grand Rings which doesn't involve having to use any FSD Injections - so I hoping progress should be a little easier from now.

Mass jump on Sunday if anyone is up for it. :cool:

LegendaryAceToday at 8:24 AM

I along with a few other CMDRs are planning a mass jump on Xbox One from Beagle Point to head back to the Bubble. The jump will take place on Sunday, May 5th, at 2300 UTC. We'll be jumping from the orbit of BEAGLE POINT 7 (Maile's Landing) to CEECKIA WM-H D11-1. We will be meeting up at LEGACY CRATER (BEAGLE POINT 2, Surface Coordinates : -16.001 / 169.212) 45 minutes before the jump, and make our way to the jump point 15 minutes prior to jumping. Any CMDRs who want to take part, please @ me or @Shiftycircle908 (XB) (4ED-DW) 🏁 and @Baby G [XB1] 🦍 with your confirmation and Xbox gamertag so I can put you down on the roster.

Gary Richards

Executive Producer
Frontier
I'm also in the Distant Worlds PG - 80 jumps away from Beagle Point so looking positive for the weekend, so long as I don't get distracted by any Water Worlds or ELW's that need surface scanning.

Mass jump on Sunday if anyone is up for it. :cool:

LegendaryAceToday at 8:24 AM

I along with a few other CMDRs are planning a mass jump on Xbox One from Beagle Point to head back to the Bubble. The jump will take place on Sunday, May 5th, at 2300 UTC. We'll be jumping from the orbit of BEAGLE POINT 7 (Maile's Landing) to CEECKIA WM-H D11-1. We will be meeting up at LEGACY CRATER (BEAGLE POINT 2, Surface Coordinates : -16.001 / 169.212) 45 minutes before the jump, and make our way to the jump point 15 minutes prior to jumping. Any CMDRs who want to take part, please @ me or @Shiftycircle908 (XB) (4ED-DW) 🏁 and @Baby G [XB1] 🦍 with your confirmation and Xbox gamertag so I can put you down on the roster.
Right on, CMDR @Shiftycircle . I'll be there, but I've decided to wait until June to leave Beagle...it's weird, but I feel called to stay.

I'm also in the Distant Worlds PG - 80 jumps away from Beagle Point so looking positive for the weekend, so long as I don't get distracted by any Water Worlds or ELW's that need surface scanning.

Go, Gary, go! Jump, jump, jump!

Gary Richards

Executive Producer
Frontier
Right on, CMDR @Shiftycircle . I'll be there, but I've decided to wait until June to leave Beagle...it's weird, but I feel called to stay.

Go, Gary, go! Jump, jump, jump!

Thanks, not being in the office would help :)

I'm also planning on staying at Beagle Point until mid June - feels like a nice place to celerate my birthday with a glass of JD + Coke..... looking back towards home.

Thanks, not being in the office would help :)

I'm also planning on staying at Beagle Point until mid June - feels like a nice place to celerate my birthday with a glass of JD + Coke..... looking back towards home.
First night on Salome's Reach last week, I poured three fingers of Bombay Sapphire over four large ice cubes...sipped and stared out my SRV window into the black.

Cheers, CMDR...and happy birthday. Jack and Coke, eh? Awfully - um- colonial of you isn't it?

Last edited:
I'll add you guys to the list. Can you let me know your gamer tags, if they are different to your forum names please.

Looking forward to catching you at legacy crater

Greetings Commanders .im Commander PolarBearRodeo.I heard about distant worlds 2 when it started several months ago but I was under prepared for the journey.my last expedition I had made in an aspX to Sagittarius a and I was extremely under prepared and almost didn't make it back.I vowed that if I ever went on a long journey again I would have the ultimate ship. It has taken me the last 2 months but I have my ship exactly the way I want it to be. A friend of mine Commander Rush is on his way with you guys and he is just entered the void.
I know the roster is closed but I would like to join fleetcomm. I left the bubble on May 3rd. And I do plan to meet you guys there before you leave in June.
I am confident that my fully engineered Krait phantom "the silent cartographer" is ready for this journey
Can I please join fleet comm for Xbox?

Greetings Commanders .im Commander PolarBearRodeo.I heard about distant worlds 2 when it started several months ago but I was under prepared for the journey.my last expedition I had made in an aspX to Sagittarius a and I was extremely under prepared and almost didn't make it back.I vowed that if I ever went on a long journey again I would have the ultimate ship. It has taken me the last 2 months but I have my ship exactly the way I want it to be. A friend of mine Commander Rush is on his way with you guys and he is just entered the void.
I know the roster is closed but I would like to join fleetcomm. I left the bubble on May 3rd. And I do plan to meet you guys there before you leave in June.
I am confident that my fully engineered Krait phantom "the silent cartographer" is ready for this journey
Can I please join fleet comm for Xbox?
Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately the PG is currently unmanageable due to the April update - I cannot access the Social section of the main menu to add anyone (it's a problem with this account - I suspect because it has an awful lot of friends). I am pursuing this with Frontier. When it gets fixed I will look to transition the PG from a DW2-specific group to a more general Xbox FleetComm group, and accept new members.

Sorry for the inconvenience - more news as we receive it.

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately the PG is currently unmanageable due to the April update - I cannot access the Social section of the main menu to add anyone (it's a problem with this account - I suspect because it has an awful lot of friends). I am pursuing this with Frontier. When it gets fixed I will look to transition the PG from a DW2-specific group to a more general Xbox FleetComm group, and accept new members.

Sorry for the inconvenience - more news as we receive it.
Thank you very much. I have successfully made it 3/4 or the way to sag a in 3 days. My gamer day is PolarBearRodeo when the issue is resolved. Thank you.

How's it going, CMDR Richards?

Also, ShiftyCircle, I captured some video of the mass jump but OneDrive is acting funny....once I figure out how to get it off the Box and on to YouTube, I'll post it.

Top Bottom