ED:O. I was a big critic, now I am a fan.

I just wanted to put a public note up to say a well done to FDev. I was a fierce critic of the Odyssey game expansion on original release. With update 7, the additions and bugfixes have put the game in a place that I am enjoying.

Hoping for further updates 8, 9 and beyond, but it feels like the game is really starting to come together after 6 months of release. Fdev still have a lot to do, but I think they are getting nearer to what I hoped to see originally.

I also want to applaud them for the last weeks Salvation events. The messages and gameplay was really a lot more inventive than I had expected: It just shows that with attention to detail and good games-mastering ED:O can really manifest its potential into something special.

Keep it up.

6 months of bug fixes = 6 months without any new content.
How many more months of bug fixing/beta testing do you think we will have to go through without new content or a roadmap where we are going next.
EDO has been an utter shambles.

Who knows?

And yes it has been.

But it still needs more and it would be remiss of FD focusing on new content at this time.

We all want new content, we are all to some extent content locusts, but we have no choice but to wait for FD to sort things out. Whether that is by playing Horizons, or other games, or going for long walks in the countryside.

Is this the sound of tiny corner being turned?

P8aQSww.png

D3ExjTN.png

6 months of bug fixes = 6 months without any new content.
How many more months of bug fixing/beta testing do you think we will have to go through without new content or a roadmap where we are going next.
EDO has been an utter shambles.

This is false though. They have had rather a lot of content added in the past six months. Community goals, the big old Hyfords cache scavengers hunt, burning stations, engineered guardian modules, guardian and tharg battlegrounds, team missions for Odyssey, political schematics in the bubble....

This is not even close to exhaustive.

This is false though. They have had rather a lot of content added in the past six months. Community goals, the big old Hyfords cache scavengers hunt, burning stations, engineered guardian modules, guardian and tharg battlegrounds, team missions for Odyssey, political schematics in the bubble....

This is not even close to exhaustive.
To be honest, that list is a bit creative if we're talking about new content.

I was happy they kept Horizons because it would give time to compare how things look between it and Odyssey. But, since Odyssey was fully released, I've been in Horizons maybe 3 times. Also, since I started playing in 2014, I had about 3400 hours in ED. Since Odyssey's release, I'm at about 4700 hours.
It's possible there's work being done on new content. I think they have been and are working on a lot behind the scenes and when things get to a stage, they release it, like ship interiors and EVA etc.

My gut feeling (I know, I know) was that Odyssey was 1 year away from being in a good place when it was released. So I'm holding my judgement until then. And in the meantime I'm just treating Odyssey as a "space legs beta" no matter what the marketing says. It's nice to see them pushing quality updates and listening to player feedback.

Elite is still my favorite game of all time even in the current state it's in today. I just love, love, love this game. There's nothing like it out there!

Well they are kinda patching faster than CDP does patch CP2077. Still waiting for some gameplay/story updates. Beware multi-platform games - they tend to really have troubles.

Top Bottom