Yes, you can # out lines in the ini. It will simply ignore any lines it does not recognize. That is why I could write the notes directly in the ini without # infront of it.Question about setting lines to "comment" or "remark" - usually it's ; or # to rem out lines, does this work with EDRunner? Some lines I would like to disable without actually deleting them for future reference. I realize I can generate another .ini for reference, but still. heh
I plan on using the v1.7 to hotkey the manual audio toggle. I often switch between headset and speakers so that would be handy if I'm understanding how it works. Speaking of, the help file mentions:
I have custom names for these audio devices such as "G35" etc.. Do custom names work or does it have to be the actual device name? eg "Logitech G35 Gaming Headset" etc ?
So if you want to write notes, just write. If you want to disable something, putting a # infront of it works fine.
All valid to disable =) The only exception is in the [LaunchPrograms] section. You can not have remmed out lines in there.
As for switching audio, yes, you define which two audio outputs you want it to switch between. Just open your Sound Settings and take note of the names.
Might just as well be
Since you do not have VR, maybe the names are confusing.
VRAudioDevice is when the game is active
NormalAudioDevice is when the game is not active.
If you only want to switch manually between them, set
Meaning you swtich with Alt-PageUp. There is a pretty good explanation in the INI file if you scroll down to "VRAudioDevice and NormalAudioDevice:"
That means that it can not see the game window title. Anyone else have problems with this now? I made a change in 1.7 so the window title names must now be exact. It was happy with a partial match before, which is probably why it worked in previous versions. That could cause bigger problems though, like detecting the game or program running when you did not, just because you had some other window open with a similar name. I might switch that back but I'm interested in why it does not work for you.Ok, my update on v1.7
I will keep trying, but I spent a bit of time working with it, and no matter what I try, I get "Game not found, idling" every time.
1.3 works perfectly.
It is looking for this one window title:
EliteWindowTitle=Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT)
So I guess it does not find a window/program with that exact name on your machine for some reason. Is that the title of the game window when you launch the game?
I'll include a little program you can check with. Launch Au3Info.exe. Start the game windowed. Drag the "Finder Tool" from Au3Info to the game window and check the "Title" property.
It should be "Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT)". If its not, let me know =)
Hm, do you run Elite in full screen? Try it in windowed mode for fun.
Edit: If you still can't get it to see the game window, try 1.8. I reverted the setting added in 1.7 but made it an option. Let me know
1.8: * Reverted the WinTitleMatchMode change done in 1.7. Some people seems to have problems with "exact" match as it does not detect the game window when its running. Changed the default back to "Match the title from the start" mode but also made it an option as I like to have it in "Exact title match" mode. So added option WinTitleMatchMode in the extras section of the INI.
WinTitleMatchMode: This decides how window titles are searched for. Affects EliteWindowTitle and LaunchPrograms. 1 = (default) Match the title from the start 2 = Match any substring in the title 3 = Exact title match -1 to -3 = Case insensitive match according to the other type of match. Most people will not need to touch this setting.