ED without gankers is..

Boring. We patrolled Eravate last night for about an hour during prime gank time. Nada. Where was everybody? We saw a bunch of noobs even some in Kraits and Pythons but not a single "wanted" baddie looking for action. Peaceful police action is nothing to brag about. It was one of those nights when I got the feeling a party was going on somewhere and I wasn't invited.

Buy a PS4. I assure you, there's been ganking this week in Eravate. One gankee is even considering a switch to Z0Z0 after our nice post murder chat.

Also Yamiks is ganking in the n00b safe space on stream. True story. Ganking is alive and well.

As far as those taking a real PvP break, the power priorities reset bug is actually at least as great a cause of this as drag. As far as ganking, no one is taking a break due to drag or power priorities or anything b/c as always it's too easy. Probs just coincidence you happened to be on at the wrong time.

My alt is out there and I enjoy those times when I'm in the mood to relax and explore. That's what makes ED such a great game, IMO, it supports such a huge range of playstyles. Should I include a caveat in my OP that its from my "White Knight" perspective?

I think you’re good. If I get restless out on the rim and get a taste for blood, or something different, I’ll queue some CQC or join a multi crew session. Got about half a billion in trade dividends to collect when I get back.

Who needs alts when there’s multi crew?

Elite Dangerous without gankers is either heaven or hell, depending on my mood and where the gankers are. I've grown accustom to ShinDez being the most dangerous place in the galaxy after Chicago, and I enjoy the challenge that brings. On the other hand, I find gankers ruin my fun and immersion if I'm rescuing people from a burning station, the RL parallel being a biker gang destroying ambulances filled with injured people after the 9/11 attacks - never happened!

Thankfully whether or not I play in Open these days is mostly based on if I'm in a PvP mood or not. I've long grown tired of typing "o7" as the only meaningful friendly interaction with other players. When CGs come back, I may wing up with some players to test out some of my very function-specific ships (like my double-barreled Vulture), but I'll go into that CG mentally prepared to be ganked. Point being, switching to Solo to avoid gankers at places like Engineer bases no longer feels like a punishment, because what meaningful interaction would I have with friendly players? I type "o7" to you, and "o7" to you, and "o7" to everybody! Now that is boring.

Don't care if there are or are not gankers.

Don't like gank mechanics without effective counters for starting players all the way up through end game players.

Blah blah low wake and switch mode on sight. Blah blah submit high wake. These are mechanics to avoid interaction - not actually deal with snare, cripple and burst dps.

Actual counters involve gear or skill options that actually diffuse or redirect snare, cripple or burst damage - or better yet - large scale instancing allowing dozens of players to police a popular instance.

I do not mind the gankers. I mind the rebuy. It is enough for me to lose the time invested on the trip when I am destroyed, but the tens of millions rebuy keeps me with the big ones in solo. With max rebuy that I could make back with one succesfull trade run I would stay in open all the time.

NO ONE can police Shinrarta, not even CMDR Thrust from Bradford.
I don't know if it's a timing thing or what, but I haven't been bothering to switch to solo for SD visits for the last few weeks, and haven't had a single instance of hostility in dozens of trips now, in everything from a Hauler, Viper 3&4, Chieftain, Mamba, Pythons, Clipper, Cutters, Vette, Type-6,9,10, and probably more I'm forgetting. Lots of activity and chatter, people setting up fights, but not a single interdiction or even an attack while wake scanning around the station.

I don't know if it's a timing thing or what, but I haven't been bothering to switch to solo for SD visits for the last few weeks, and haven't had a single instance of hostility in dozens of trips now, in everything from a Hauler, Viper 3&4, Chieftain, Mamba, Pythons, Clipper, Cutters, Vette, Type-6,9,10, and probably more I'm forgetting. Lots of activity and chatter, people setting up fights, but not a single interdiction or even an attack while wake scanning around the station.
I know. It was a joke.
Shin can be annoying, but it isn't always. And sometimes it really is policed.

some guys, to afraid about drag weapons, prefered to do a pause during this week
"protect my fdl and my playstyle"resuming well the pvp on elite in 2019 , and since too long time ago

Could also have something to do with losing one's module priority settings every other instance transition.

With max rebuy that I could make back with one succesfull trade run I would stay in open all the time.

It's sentiments like this that make me glad for a mode system even if I virtually never use anything other than Open.

If only more loss-adverse players would choose the mode for them, rather than trying, via varied means, to further dilute the already pathetically lenient consequences of ship loss.

Top Bottom