ED won't let me use a stored ship

Hi Commanders:

Got a strange problem... I have my Python stored at the same location I am currently at. It won't let me take that ship out of storage and make it my current ship. It tells me :

1632197481924.png

The only possible cargo on it, may be some left over Limpets, but I though I used them all. Maybe not. But it says I have more cargo that the ship can carry. This doesn't make since.

The only option it gives me is to sell the ship. The option to use it is whited out.

Any ideas why this is? Looks like I'm screwed on this ship. I got more CR into it than it wants to give me to sell it.

Is this a bug, or is this correct? If correct, how do I fix it, if I can't get to it?

Thanks in advance

Cargo is never stored with a ship. The message is saying the ship you are currently flying has 475 tonnes of cargo on board (cargo includes limpets for this calculation). You need to sell or otherwise dispose of your current cargo before swapping to your other ship.

According to that message, your Python is currently configured to hold 64 tonnes of cargo, so you do not need to sell all 475 tonnes. But you will need to bring your current cargo down to 64 tonnes or less before it will let you swap across to that ship.

Never mind, sorry. I figured it out. It's not the stored ship that is having the cargo issue, even though it gives you that cargo message on the screen of the ship you want to 'make your current ship' implying that my Python has too much cargo, it's actually the ship I'm trying to store (my Type 9) that has the cargo issue, I got it loaded up with limpets.

They could do a better job explaining that.

Never mind, sorry. I figured it out. It's not the stored ship that is having the cargo issue, even though it gives you that cargo message on the screen of the ship you want to 'make your current ship' implying that my Python has too much cargo, it's actually the ship I'm trying to store (my Type 9) that has the cargo issue, I got it loaded up with limpets.

They could do a better job explaining that.
Well it does say you are carrying too much cargo to move to a ship that can only carry 64t. It is your stored ship that has the cargo issue - it cannot carry what you are trying to put in it. Your current ship has no issue. It is carrying the cargo already.

Top Bottom