Release EDCodex. The complete list of third-party tools for Elite Dangerous - Community driven website

Hi Cmdrs!

Transmission for third-party tool creators,
Cmdr Dralamir needs you for his study "Elite: Dangerous Modding Study":

Cmdr Dralamir said:
Hello Commander,

Have you created a third-party tool (standalone, website, etc.) for Elite: Dangerous? If so, please visit the below link to see the description of the modding study as well as the form itself.
For more details go to Elite: Dangerous Modding Study.

The questionnaire is aimed at those who have created third-party tools for Elite: Dangerous..

EDIT: CLOSED

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
The EDCodex thread on request been moved to the brand new "Elite Dangerous->Gameplay and Features->Player Tools & API Development" sub-forum aka "here". If there EVER has been an ideal place for it, then its here!!

I big thank you to Brett and Zac who made this possible. Very much appreciated.

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Thank you ever so much for this!

Thanks for your kind words and the rep +1, which is very much appreciated. Only 1 more and I've got 4 bars ;-) Note: EDCodex is the result of Biobob and myself, so please don't forget to rep+1 him as well. He is the wizard who coded EDCodex. He also created also ED-Board and ED3D Galaxy Map. If not for him there would not be an EDCodex and I (and everyone else for that matter) would still be stuck with my "third party tools" thread.

Just of out curiousity, how did you found out about EDCodex and/or the STICKY EDCodex thread?

Update: On 20160201 I received my 300th rep thanks to mr.Gr3y. Hence 4 bars ;-) On the 18th of August 2015 I received my 200 rep byYodafone. Thanks to ALL who gave me a rep +1 in the past. Very much appreciated.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Thanks for this invaluable resource website. Keep up the good work!
smile.png

Thank you for you kind words and your appreciation. We don't do it for reps or "kind words" but because we love ED with a passion. That said the occasional post here by a commander who likes our work and takes the time to post here IS REALLY APPRECIATED AND GIVES NEW ENERGY ;-)

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Took a stroll down memory lane wrt EDCodex and came up with the following timeline wrt created threads by the EDCodex authors.

20141028: Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources
20150218: Third party tools thead -- Needing a database driven website to being able to grow any further
20150328: OT: Looking for a collaboration/cooperation tool for an multi person ED project
20150425: (WIP) Tool codenamed ED3PTT is looking for a better name. Any Suggestions?
20150708: POLL. Third party tools thread - upcoming website version - looking for a good name
20151001: EDCodex: "A fansite full of community resources!". VOLUNTEERS really appreciated"
20150817: EDCodex. The complete list of third-party tools for Elite Dangerous - Community driven website

On the 11th of March I was contacted by biobob with the question if he could perhaps help me out. I did ask for help before in the threads above without results so I was really surprised and very exited. Hence the work started and on the 18th of August EDCodex was publicly released. To be crystal clear, I didn't code a line. Biobob is the wizzard who brough you the EDCodex website.

One or two weeks before the public release all tool authors in EDCodex received a PM from us with with the request if they wanted to become owner of their entry. After the release a lot of time was spend adding new entries. Also new sections like the "Live streamings" were added. On the 2nd of October the EDCodex thread got STICKY status in the "Elite Dangerous->Gameplay and Features->Guides and Tutorials" subforum. Around that time the EDCodex was added to fansites section of the official ED community website. We were mentioned in the comms chatter early October on the Elite Dangerous website and in newsletter #94 on the 9th of October.

Personal note: Went on a holiday for a few weeks in October, got a new job starting the 1st of November - Java programmer. Got a heavy case of Fallout4 addiction when it was released around the 16th Of November. Also was quite burned out wrt EDCodex. Around the new year started with EDCodex again. Biobob in the mean while introduced quite a few nice additions to EDCodex. See the announcements section of EDCodex.

Now that I've made this post it really scares me how much time has been put into EDCodex so far. So far we have exchanged approx 1550-1600 emails. I guestimate that Biobob and myself easily put 400-500 hours each in this project.

Biobob and myself have quite a few features in store for EDCodex for 2016. If you have any suggestions please use this forum or even better use the "Ask a Question" website created for EDCodex. Trust us, we are VERY open for new ideas.

When EDCodex went public we had 165 entries. Now we have approx 250 entries - 123 of them all tools. That is indeed a nice growth. Its good to see that commanders have started to add entries to EDCodex and or took ownership of them. but the truth is that most entries were/are from Biobob and myself. Its IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with the forums, adding entries. We definitely need your help. See the "VOLUNTEERS" thread for details. It would allows us to concentrate on EDCodex and new features!!

Last edited:
Dear Wolverine 2710 - PLEASE help me, I'm at my wits end! I have tried to register with edcodex but it keeps saying activate my account in the confirm link in the mail??? I have received no mails whatsoever asking me for confirmation to activate - despite using two different e-mail addresses! I've all but given up until I tried here.....PLEASE help! I've e-mailed BIOBOB as well but as yet no reply. It would be great if you could help me on this - cheers - anfieldmarauder

Dear Wolverine 2710 - PLEASE help me, I'm at my wits end! I have tried to register with edcodex but it keeps saying activate my account in the confirm link in the mail??? I have received no mails whatsoever asking me for confirmation to activate - despite using two different e-mail addresses! I've all but given up until I tried here.....PLEASE help! I've e-mailed BIOBOB as well but as yet no reply. It would be great if you could help me on this - cheers - anfieldmarauder

Hi Cmdr!
I've check my mailbox, I don't see any mail from you :/
I've check the mail address used for registration and seems the domain is blacklisted (I will send you an MP on how to check that), that can explain you never receive the registration link and I was unable to receive your mail.
I've manually activated your account so you can log now! send me an MP if you got problem to log.

Sorry, a bit of a noob question.

Any suggestions on which third party tools are most recommended? I would particularly like some help with trading, possibly linking into EDDB. Any suggestions? Is it possible to run more than one of the tools from wolverine's website at the same time?

Thanks.

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Sorry, a bit of a noob question.

Any suggestions on which third party tools are most recommended? I would particularly like some help with trading, possibly linking into EDDB. Any suggestions? Is it possible to run more than one of the tools from wolverine's website at the same time?

Thanks.

I haven't played for a while ;-( Got addicted to FO4 and also into NMS atm - exploration part is nice. A quote from Otis B.: Most trading tools these days are online, e.g. eddb, Elite Trade Net, Inara, ED-TD, Thrudd's Trading Tools, Roguey's. Hence they won't conflict at all. In the past I used slopey BPC (now discontinued it seems) and Kfsone's Trade dangerous simultaneously without a problem. I can't recommend atm tools from other categories. Perhaps other who play can help you out further. I apologize I could not help you furhter.

Thank you very much for replying! Currently using ED intelligent board computer, but always a bit worried about submitting my login details for the game...

Great idea for a website it's something sorely needed as there is a growing list of tools being made by the community. For my part I've added my own iOS companion app on there. Keep up the great work :)

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Great idea for a website it's something sorely needed as there is a growing list of tools being made by the community. For my part I've added my own iOS companion app on there. Keep up the great work :)

My pleasure and thanks for adding your entry. Its a long time ago that I played ED (FO and NMS addiction) but I keep reading the forums waiting for a good time to return. Atm not many new functionality is added to EDCodex. Mainly me being AWOL. Its good to see that the interactive website created is rock stable AND that commanders find it a good enough resource that they keep adding entries to it.

As a non native speaker for english. These 3rd party tools look good, but I am at a complete loss what they actually do, and how I use them in the game? In games like wow, you do not have to tab out, and when i try to tab out , it crashes my game. I have some computers connected to the net. I am just completely and utterly lost in this game. :/ thanks for the site, but its beyond my understanding it need to be easier to understand.

Guys (intended as a generic non-gender-specific term) :)

I have been looking through the lists (and edcodex), spent some time reading the threads.

But I wish to ask if there is a way of getting the System-specific Galnet data, without being in system.
e.g. In the galaxy map, system map, under summary, all the minor faction detail, name, %, state, is listed. I would like to be able to access this detail with an 'app'.

But also in the Starport Services menu, there is a Galnet area, which contains the following:-
System Factions Status Summary
System Bounty Hunter Summary
Top 5 System Bounties
System Crime Report
System Traffic Report
System Today (magazine)
System Papers.

I have seen a number of 'apps' both pc and os/android based that provide galactic galnet information, but I have not seen anything that gives this system specific detail. either on factions or from the system galnet publications.

If anyone know of a product, or if anyone knows whether that information can be accessed from the ED servers I would love to know.
I would be prepared to attempt to write something (I used to code in C and C++ a decade or so ago) if I knew where to start.

Cheers

Sorry that this is a bit off topic, but I've only just got back to ED having been away on other projects & work for about a year, have upgraded my computer & tried to use REGULATEDNOISE & ELITEOCR & just keep getting errors & crashes from them. Does anyone know if there's a working version for windows 10 64 bit out there somewhere ? I loved the simplicity of the interface & the automated import / export to EDDB by using F10 screenshots of the commodities screens.
Any help gratefully received.

Top Bottom