Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

@T'kael and @VerticalBlank
I found out that the FIDs of FD on the user info page (https://user.frontierstore.net/user/info) and the FID in both log files (ELITE and EDDI) are different.
The FID in the log files of ELITE and EDDI is the same. Perhaps this is the problem. For whatever reason. I have informed FD support.
The displayed Frontier ID of that site is something different. Search the source code of that site and look for customer_id (it's a hidden field).

The displayed Frontier ID of that site is something different. Search the source code of that site and look for customer_id (it's a hidden field).
Hallo @gazelle , vielen Dank für deine Hilfe. Der FD-Support hatte mir heute geantwortet und das gleiche gesagt. Naja man sucht halt nach möglichen Ursachen und wenn man von der Materie zu wenig versteht (wie ich), dann kommen eben solche falschen Schlussfolgerungen zustande. Es hilft nichts die beiden CMDR T'kael und VerticalBlank müssen sich das ansehen. Was mich eben nur wundert, bei mir hat sich nichts verändert und auf einmal geht das nicht mehr (ist ja jetzt auch nicht lebenswichtig, Spiel läuft ja).

Translation:
Hello Gazelle, thank you very much for your help. FD support replied to me today and said the same thing. Well, you just look for possible causes and if you don't understand enough about the matter (like me), then you come to such wrong conclusions. It doesn't help that both CMDR T'kael and VerticalBlank have to look into it. The only thing that surprises me is that nothing has changed for me and suddenly it doesn't work any more (it's not vital now, the game is running).

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

I have a problem with the API.
How can I check whether the API connection to Frontier is really established or not? The value of "capi" is "false" but the authorization for the account is OK.

The image in the spoiler seems to be reporting on the applications that have been granted permission to view your Frontier API data rather than on the current authorization state of those applications.

Authorization tokens can expire if not regularly renewed with the Frontier API server and I suspect that is what has happened in this case. A verbose log might show this (if you would like to share your verbose log, it would be preferable to message me the file rather than sharing it publicly).

Last edited:
Hi @T'kael, thanks for taking care of this. I'll send you the file via PN, no problem. Have you read everything? I have answered FD's authorisation request several times. Until 18 March (inclusive) it always worked. From 19 March onwards it no longer worked. Nothing had changed for me. You must have looked at the contents of both CompanionAPI.json files, right ? I have reinstalled EDDI 4.0.3 (EPIC account connected to FD) and I have tested it with my second CMDR (FD account). No API connection is established with either installation. I have also deauthorised with FD and reauthorised again. Did not help. PN to you is out. ...

Code:
{
  "accessToken": null,
  "refreshToken": null,
  "tokenExpiry": "0001-01-01T00:00:00"
}

Attachments

• eddi.zip
    109.2 KB · Views: 12
Hi @T'kael, thanks for taking care of this. I'll send you the file via PN, no problem. Have you read everything? I have answered FD's authorisation request several times. Until 18 March (inclusive) it always worked. From 19 March onwards it no longer worked. Nothing had changed for me. You must have looked at the contents of both CompanionAPI.json files, right ? I have reinstalled EDDI 4.0.3 (EPIC account connected to FD) and I have tested it with my second CMDR (FD account). No API connection is established with either installation. I have also deauthorised with FD and reauthorised again. Did not help. PN to you is out. ...

Code:
{
}

Thanks. From what I'm seeing so far EDDI is behaving as if the information is either not being saved or is being overwritten when it shouldn't. I've sent you a follow-up message privately to try to narrow in on the precise issue.

Pics for @T'kael:
1711270395428.png

1711270481423.png

Code:
{
}

Last edited:
So, brief feedback on my problems with EDDI and VA. Everything is working again :giggle:. It was, in my opinion, all a rights problem.
Why this problem only came to light now, I have no idea. Nothing had changed in my installation. I uninstalled everything again
and installed everything in the user path. Now the API works immediately and the window position remains the same.
I would like to know what has changed. But well, I probably won't find out. :rolleyes:

Big thanks to @T'kael and @Darkcyde for your patience with me. 🍻

Top Bottom