Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

I am having an issue where EDDI is giving responses to events that I have disabled in the EDDI profile. Any advice?
More information needed. Are you using the default personality in EDDI? Are you using VoiceAttack? If you are using VoiceAttack, are you using a customized profile? Did you just install EDDI or is this new behavior that you hadn't observed previously? Are there specific events where you are noticing this behavior?

My first post here. I hope I am in the right place after looking everywhere.

I am very new to EDDI but think I am figuring out fairly quickly. I am using 3.4 and it looks to work very well. I do not use VA but do have it (I thought I could actually change the voice of what EDDI says, rather than respond with .wav files).

I am looking to see if there is a report that EDDI could say when leaving a base at critical fuel levels. I have left port a few times and forgot to refuel (doing some passenger runs), having to dock again and fuel up. Fortunately I didn't hit that point of running out of fuel in an empty system. So I was wondering if there was a way for EDDI to report your fuel level once you undock from a port.

I am no expert at scripting or anything, but I did learn how to create a new script in EDDI to paste one in. I looked all over and checked several sites and forums but I didn't see something like this. I figure it would be a pretty useful reminder in the event that you forget to look at the fuel gauge and make that jump that gets you stranded.

I have learned a lot through this thread and still learning. Since getting back into ED and learning there are 3rd party programs like this, its drawn me back!

My first post here. I hope I am in the right place after looking everywhere.

I am very new to EDDI but think I am figuring out fairly quickly. I am using 3.4 and it looks to work very well. I do not use VA but do have it (I thought I could actually change the voice of what EDDI says, rather than respond with .wav files).

I am looking to see if there is a report that EDDI could say when leaving a base at critical fuel levels. I have left port a few times and forgot to refuel (doing some passenger runs), having to dock again and fuel up. Fortunately I didn't hit that point of running out of fuel in an empty system. So I was wondering if there was a way for EDDI to report your fuel level once you undock from a port.

I am no expert at scripting or anything, but I did learn how to create a new script in EDDI to paste one in. I looked all over and checked several sites and forums but I didn't see something like this. I figure it would be a pretty useful reminder in the event that you forget to look at the fuel gauge and make that jump that gets you stranded.

I have learned a lot through this thread and still learning. Since getting back into ED and learning there are 3rd party programs like this, its drawn me back!
Hi Logic The0ry,

The easiest thing to do would be to find the 'Undocked' event script, and add a call to the 'Fuel Check' script. So, for example, add the following line to the end of the Undocked script:-
Code:
{F('Fuel check')}

Of course, this will always report the fuel level, even if it's full, so if you only want it to report low fuel levels, that would need a bit more work. If that's what you want, I can knock something up for you. :)

-=] Darkcyde [=-

OK, I couldn't resist trying to come up with something. :LOL: So this is what I have:-

In the 'Fuel check' script, find the last |else: at the bottom. Modify it to this:-
Code:
|elif undocking != "yes":
   {shipsfuel} {OneOf(currentpercent, "at maximum")}{title}.
}

In the 'Undocked' event script, add this code:-
Code:
{set undocking to "yes"}
{set need_fuel to F('Fuel check')}
{if need_fuel: {need_fuel} }

This will only report a full tank when you are already undocked and the 'Fuel check' script is executed. So when fuel scooping, for example. Otherwise it will report the level of your fuel at the normal 25%, 50%, and 75% capacity.

If you need any further assistance, just let me know! :)

-=] Darkcyde [=-

EDIT: I simplified the code to make it more efficient.
EDIT 2: …and added it to my own EDDI personality! ;)

Last edited:
OK, I couldn't resist trying to come up with something. :LOL: So this is what I have:-

In the 'Fuel check' script, find the last |else: at the bottom. Modify it to this:-
Code:
|elif undocking != "yes":
   {shipsfuel} {OneOf(currentpercent, "at maximum")}{title}.
}

In the 'Undocked' event script, add this code:-
Code:
{set undocking to "yes"}
{set need_fuel to F('Fuel check')}
{if need_fuel: {need_fuel} }

This will only report a full tank when you are already undocked and the 'Fuel check' script is executed. So when fuel scooping, for example. Otherwise it will report the level of your fuel at the normal 25%, 50%, and 75% capacity.

If you need any further assistance, just let me know! :)

-=] Darkcyde [=-

EDIT: I simplified the code to make it more efficient.
EDIT 2: …and added it to my own EDDI personality! ;)

Wow this works and is awesome! I did a few runs and got my reminders. Thank you very much!

Thanks again T'kael and Darkcyde,

So this spawned a very similar question when docking. If i would like it to warn me to refuel when I arrive at a dock, would I put the same script in to "Docked" but input it to "{set docked to "yes"}"? I am guessing at this point based on the logic of the undocking script. I tried it and it seems to be a bit random when I dock.

Thanks again T'kael and Darkcyde,

So this spawned a very similar question when docking. If i would like it to warn me to refuel when I arrive at a dock, would I put the same script in to "Docked" but input it to "{set docked to "yes"}"? I am guessing at this point based on the logic of the undocking script. I tried it and it seems to be a bit random when I dock.
Due to the way EDDI works, that {set undocked to "yes"} is only set (and valid) for that one execution of the undocked event. It works in the Fuel check script because that is called from the Undocked event, and thus is still valid.

In this case, you can just copy that block of code from the Undocked event script, and paste it directly into the Docked event script. It should then work in just the same way.

EDIT: Although, this is a "quick and dirty" way to do the docked version. Personally I like to make variables mean something so it's easier for others to understand what's going on. In that case I'd make it {set docked to "yes"} as you thought, but you'd have to change the last |elif in the Fuel check script to account for that.
So, you could make it |elif docked != "yes" && undocked != "yes":

EDIT 2: Although (again) if you're docking, you probably don't have a full fuel tank anyway, so it shouldn't matter about setting docked to yes, as it will almost always report a lower fuel level.

Last edited:
2019-05-12T23:43:19 [Info] EDDI:Stop EDDI 3.4.0 stopped
2019-05-12T23:43:58 [Info] VoiceAttackPlugin:VA_Init1 Initialising EDDI VoiceAttack plugin

Man this is driving me nuts! Some systems simply crash VA!

If i make a copy of and customize the EDDI personality file, will subsequent updates override/replace it?

Only the scripts in your Eddi personality that you haven’t touched are updated. The scripts you customized yourself are left unchanged.
But of course it’s always recommended to make a backup of your Eddi personality file :)

Thx was wondering why a duplicate one I made back in Feb (don't think I did any customizing myself though) was showing a last modified date of this month

Hello Commander, two more German commanders and I need your help/support.
We all love and use EDDI. Unfortunately "we" have a problem with the cargo monitor. There is no freight displayed on the freight monitoring page.
Everything is OK with the material monitoring. CMDR Hoodathunk and CMDR Tkael are already looking for the error but further information would not be bad.
Does anyone else have this problem ? https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/1361

Thx for your help, greetings nepomuk

Hello Commander, two more German commanders and I need your help/support.
We all love and use EDDI. Unfortunately "we" have a problem with the cargo monitor. There is no freight displayed on the freight monitoring page.
Everything is OK with the material monitoring. CMDR Hoodathunk and CMDR Tkael are already looking for the error but further information would not be bad.
Does anyone else have this problem ? https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/1361

Thx for your help, greetings nepomuk
We identified an issue that essentially disables the cargo monitor for pilots not using the English language setting. It should be corrected in the next release.

Would anyone be willing to make an updated EDDI voice attack profile available or any links to community maintained current profiles? I haven't been able to find a publicly available profile more recently than early 2018 at the moment.

Would anyone be willing to make an updated EDDI voice attack profile available or any links to community maintained current profiles? I haven't been able to find a publicly available profile more recently than early 2018 at the moment.

Hmmmm what do you mean by 'updated EDDI voice attack profile'?

@Kenjiro really I was just hoping for any voice attack profile and paired eddi personality that someone has gotten to work well together ideally with the newer control schemes and ship states(different cockpit modes/night vision/etc), really something close to an eddi integrated kics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom