Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

Hmm, so I had the idea to use destinationstation, as a carrier will appear in the Status.json when targeted as a destination (when in the same system). However, this only seems to be populated by using the RouteDetail() function, so will not work in this way.

Thank you for the script, but I think you may have misunderstood.

The problem is that when entering normal space at a fleet carrier, event.bodytype is not "station". It is always either "planet" / "moon" / "star", describing the body that the fleet carrier is orbiting.

I'm at the point now where I think this could be impossible with the information we currently have available with EDDI (but will be glad to be proved wrong if that's not that case). However, as fleet carriers are noted as a destination in the Status.json file, I'm wondering if it will be possible to have this 'destination' data made available to EDDI under the status object? Maybe something like status.target or status.destination (as that's what it is called in the file). @T'kael any thoughts on this at all?

This is what the Status.json looks like when a fleet carrier is locked as a destination:
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2021-09-28T18:26:28Z", "event":"Status", "Flags":150994952, "Flags2":0, "Pips":[2,8,2], "FireGroup":1, "GuiFocus":0, "Fuel":{ "FuelMain":25.700008, "FuelReservoir":0.544398 }, "Cargo":0.000000, "LegalState":"Clean", "Balance":2474362611, "Destination":{ "System":7267755566465, "Body":1, "Name":"SRS ASTRA INCLINANT Q7W-66T" } }

With this data, I thought about matching a fleet carrier signal source with this 'destination' when entering normal space, as this will almost certainly be the same, meaning that you returned to normal space at that particular fleet carrier.

EDIT: No.. wait.. that wouldn't work 100%. You could target a FC and then drop to normal space somewhere else, so my idea wouldn't be completely accurate. Damn. Still, it would be nice to have that 'status.destination' available. ;)

Well, that gives us an array of carriers. It's a start. I've not given up yet.

[EDIT]

First thing for me is to figure out is what object type a carrier is seen as.

Last edited:
Well, that gives us an array of carriers. It's a start. I've not given up yet.
Well, I had been working on getting a SystemDetails().carriersignalsources list, then iterating through the SystemDetails().stations, and where they match known fleet carriers in the first list, getting all the relevant 'station' data. I was hoping that I could then use something like StationDetails().distancefromstar and maybe match that with the distance the body is, but you can have multiple FC's at a single body. Or maybe some other station data, but there really isn't anything I can find that could be used to match things up correctly and reliably.

The closest thing I can think of right now, is to use the distancefromstar property, and match that with the body you arrive at (or as close as you can), but like I said, you can have multiple FC around a body, so you wouldn't be able to tell which one you had arrived at.

It's a tricky problem and I'm afraid there probably isn't enough information in the journal to resolve it. I'd love to be wrong about that though so please let me know if you think you see a workable angle. :)

It's a tricky problem and I'm afraid there probably isn't enough information in the journal to resolve it. I'd love to be wrong about that though so please let me know if you think you see a workable angle. :)
I may try to run some test later, looking at the Status.json file, to see if that can give us any opportunity to take advantage of. In the mean time, would it be possible to add a feature to the status variables of EDDI for the 'destination' property of the Status.json file please? I can open a ticket if you prefer?

Oooohhh.... I may be onto something here... Bear with me, it's a little convoluted...

So, the Status.json file stores the currently selected destination, which includes FC's. Entering normal space at the selected FC makes the music track "DestinationFromSupercruise" play, albeit briefly before it changes to "Exploration". Entering normal space anywhere else, other than the selected destination, only plays the "Exploration" music, not the destination music. This gives us the opportunity we're looking for. If the destination in the Status.json is a FC, then the music track will only play when arriving at it! It's the missing link we need between FC's and entering normal space!

Now, the problem with this is that the 'Entered normal space' event triggers before the music event does. However, if we have the destination property available to use under status, then we can add code to the 'Music' event that will check if the destination is a FC, and then speak an appropriate response, something like "The fleet carrier <name> is located here".

Here's a quick and dirty example of the code we could add to the music event:
Code:
{if event.musictrack = "DestinationFromSupercruise":
    {set reportSystem to SystemDetails(system.systemname)}
    {if find(reportSystem.carriersignalsources, status.destination) > -1:
        The fleet carrier {status.destination} is located here.
    }
}

So... thoughts?

EDIT: Greatly shortened the code. I realised I didn't need to do so much set up. :)

Last edited:
Is the "final destination" variable only set after a route plot, or is it set whenever you select a target station?

If that makes no sense, it's cos I'm in the pub. 😁

Is the "final destination" variable only set after a route plot, or is it set whenever you select a target station?

Well, I tried selecting a couple of FC's and stations, and seeing if destinationstation was set, but it wasn't. The only way I managed to set it, was to use RouteDetails(). If there is another way to set it, I didn't find it, but then, I didn't look much harder after finding it wasn't set just by selecting a FC/station.

Have a couple of pints for me! (y) 😁

Well, I tried selecting a couple of FC's and stations, and seeing if destinationstation was set, but it wasn't. The only way I managed to set it, was to use RouteDetails(). If there is another way to set it, I didn't find it, but then, I didn't look much harder after finding it wasn't set just by selecting a FC/station.

Have a couple of pints for me! (y) 😁

Yes it's only set by RouteDetails() at this time.

Top Bottom