Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

@CMD Malandark
You can find the latest online manual for the Journal.log here:

for example, the reasons for denying the docking request:

Many thanks for the link to the Journal, I had no idea it was there!.. There is so much great info, for EDDI this is a goldmine for events!

UseLessUK, gazelle, I appreaciate the code snippets you guys provided with the info I needed, it was the last part of my, now completed, Docking Request for VA.

I'm not sure if this can be implemented into the EDDI Script or Voice Attack profile but will ask all the same...

At the moment I am working towards attaining Elite in Exobiologist, currently at rank Taxonomist. To make things a little easier when searching through 100's of already-scanned systems that are just outside of the 'bubble' (I dont need to find undiscovered systems) I thought EDDI or a Voice Attack script would come in pretty handy to quickly sort out the nuggets I am looking for without having to Honk or even use FSS since the data has already been logged with Cartography by previous commanders that also shows planets with Bio life-forms and if someone has already landed on the planet to collect the life-forms. The real mony/Cr is collecting life-forms first from a planet before anyone else.

The following for a new script is from my notes:-

The criteria:-

On entering a new system to access the Cartography data of the already previously scanned system and have EDDI readout to me all the planets/moons found with Bio life forms.

Implementation:-

Firstly, the script would need to check if the system is Uninhabited, if it's not then exit

Secondly, go through the Cartography data for that system and make a list of all the planets/moons with Bio Life forms recorded. If no suitable candidates, EDDI tells me and Exits.

Thirdly, and this is important, from the list of possible candidates, discard any planet/moon that has First Footfall recorded for it.

Fourthly, EDDI informs me of any planets or moons that have life forms AND has no recorded First Footfalls associated with it.

Can EDDI with VA make such a script work? Doess EDDI handle Bio Life-Forms?

I'm not sure if this can be implemented into the EDDI Script or Voice Attack profile but will ask all the same...

At the moment I am working towards attaining Elite in Exobiologist, currently at rank Taxonomist. To make things a little easier when searching through 100's of already-scanned systems that are just outside of the 'bubble' (I dont need to find undiscovered systems) I thought EDDI or a Voice Attack script would come in pretty handy to quickly sort out the nuggets I am looking for without having to Honk or even use FSS since the data has already been logged with Cartography by previous commanders that also shows planets with Bio life-forms and if someone has already landed on the planet to collect the life-forms. The real mony/Cr is collecting life-forms first from a planet before anyone else.

The following for a new script is from my notes:-

The criteria:-

On entering a new system to access the Cartography data of the already previously scanned system and have EDDI readout to me all the planets/moons found with Bio life forms.

Implementation:-

Firstly, the script would need to check if the system is Uninhabited, if it's not then exit

Secondly, go through the Cartography data for that system and make a list of all the planets/moons with Bio Life forms recorded. If no suitable candidates, EDDI tells me and Exits.

Thirdly, and this is important, from the list of possible candidates, discard any planet/moon that has First Footfall recorded for it.

Fourthly, EDDI informs me of any planets or moons that have life forms AND has no recorded First Footfalls associated with it.

Can EDDI with VA make such a script work? Doess EDDI handle Bio Life-Forms?
Looking over the available variables for bodies, EDDI doesn't have anything for bio life signals, or any surface signals. Not something that can be retrieved anyway. It also doesn't seem to have anything for 'first footfall' either. So currently, I'd say this is not possible, but if this data is available from the Journal or from EDSM, then I can't see why it couldn't be added to EDDI in the future.

@T'kael what do you think? Is this possible to add?

@Darkcyde I was going to add an entry to the discussions at the EDDI Github but found a conversation about this dated Feb 27th 2022 (tagged Needs thought) almost a year ago!.

@T'kael has there been any changes with FDEV that allows EDDI to grab first footfall attribute from EDSM?
As far as I'm aware, first footfall data is still not available. We can, however, identify undiscovered star systems pretty reliably.

How do we identify undiscovered star systems?
I can't see anything for Voice Attack, but EDDI has a property of .alreadydiscovered for bodies. This is set if the body has already been discovered by another Commander. This includes stars, and if the main star has already been discovered, then that system is considered as being discovered already, otherwise the system is 'undiscovered'. This is because the main star is always auto-scanned when you jump to a system.

Awww, when I read your reply I suddenly rhought this could be quite useful when I'm out exploring.. Grab the names of star systems around me and run it through a check using .alreadydiscovered and hey presto, EDDI would tell me if it was dicovered or not.. But, having looked up that attribute you mentioned, it can only work if you physically are their to auto-scan the main star.

alreadydiscovered - whether another commander has already submitted a scan of the body to Universal Cartographics (scan required to fill this value)

Awww, when I read your reply I suddenly rhought this could be quite useful when I'm out exploring.. Grab the names of star systems around me and run it through a check using .alreadydiscovered and hey presto, EDDI would tell me if it was dicovered or not.. But, having looked up that attribute you mentioned, it can only work if you physically are their to auto-scan the main star.

alreadydiscovered - whether another commander has already submitted a scan of the body to Universal Cartographics (scan required to fill this value)
Yes, and no. EDDI also takes some data from EDSM which can be used. I have a VA command that works something like this:
  • I go to the galaxy map and select a system.
  • I say "Tell me about the target/selected system"
  • VA copies the system name from the game, and sets it as a State variable for EDDI.
  • EDDI runs the 'System details' script using the State variable, and tells me all about it.

Now, if EDDI can take the info from EDSM, it can tell me if the system has already been discovered. There are a couple of caveats to that though. First, if a Cmdr. has discovered the system, but wasn't using any tool to report it to EDSM, then it would say undiscovered, but be discovered when you arrive. Second, as I mentioned before, it only tells you if the main star has been discovered. Other bodies may still remain undiscovered. In the early days, when it was more difficult to scan systems, some Cmdrs. just jumped in and out without scanning anything other than the main star.

So, it's not foolproof, but it can go a long way to eliminate systems that EDSM already knows about. You can find the commands in my VA/EDDI profile, linked in my signature below. I will say though, that I've not used that command in a few months, and with the recent changes to the game, there is a possibility that the command no longer works, but now you've made me think about it, I'll double check this later when I can get in game, just to make sure.

Edit: I've tested out my VA command now, and with the changes to the Galaxy Map, it no longer works as it is. I have made the necessary changes to it, and it works reliably again, so it will be included in my next release. However, it is a little slower than it used to be, due to the additional keypresses it needs to do. I wish FDev didn't mess with things that worked fine before. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
@Darkcyde I actually like the method you described, it's a much better way of doing things than my original idea to manually input near-by star system names and then doing a check to see if any of them are 'undiscovered'. As with many-a-good idea, so many are limited or not workable due to Fdev not releasing the nessasary info that would make them work.

In my early days of Exploring, I too was one of the commanders that jumped into a star system and jumped right out again thinking I had discovered the whole system! I've since come across many star systems with many bodys within it that are still undiscovered..

In my early days of Exploring, I too was one of the commanders that jumped into a star system and jumped right out again thinking I had discovered the whole system! I've since come across many star systems with many bodys within it that are still undiscovered..
That's because the method of scanning a system changed ... there used to be 3 scanners with various ranges the best one having an unlimited range so with one of those in your ship you could just honk the system and discover every body in the system. However if you wished to find out what a planet had with regard to materials then you'd have to fly to the planet and scan it with the DSS scanner.

When the process was changed to the FSS system + Mapping we have now the Advanced Scanner is now fitted as standard in all ships as the D-Scanner and the process changed to the FSS system we have now which tells you what's on the planet (materials/biology/geology etc) and the DSS was then changed to allow you to map planets.

I've come across loads of system while on my travels with planets up to 1000 Ls or even 10,000 Ls from the star being discovered and anything else in the system is not which is probably due to the previous visitor not having the advanced scanner in the ship while out exploring/travelling.

Hey everyone, just thought I'd post a new version of my EDDI/VA package. 😊

Just a few updates since the last one:
Released 18-01-23
=================

Voice Attack
------------
Next/Previous Fire Group
- Set the reporting speech to be disabled, until/unless I can figure out what I want to do with these.

Tell me about current/selected/target system
- Updated the 'selected' section to also check for my new 'eddi_onfoot_gui_focus' variable. The game doesn't set a GUI focus while on foot, so I've had to create a workaround using the music event in EDDI.
- Updated the 'selected' section to work with the updated Galaxy Map. It may be a little slower now though.
- Updated to use 'eddi_context_system_name'. (See EDDI General below)

EDDI
----
General
- Standardised the use of 'eddi_context_system_name', replacing or removing '...system_system' in the following scripts. In most cases, it was only being set. It was only being used in the two 'System state...' reports, and my own scripts (those with names all capitalised).
- Body Info Request
- Carrier jump engaged
- Carrier jumped
- Commander continued
- Commander started
- FSD engaged
- Jumped
- System distance report
- System Exploration Report
- System state changed
- system state report
- VA initialized

Body report summary
- Some minor cosmetic changes to make the temperature section more like the updated v4.0.2-rc1 version.

Bounty awarded
- Updated to improve the flow of speech, and to add some variation to the 'Worker' target type.
- Updated the on-foot speech code to use 'rand()' to make it easier to adjust the speech chance. Set to 3 (66%, up from 50%) to speak a bit more often.
To speak less often, change the 3 in 'rand(0, 3)' to a higher number: 4=50%, 5=40%, 6=33%, etc.

Entered normal space
- Added resetting my nav route variables.

Message received
- Updated the code section that prevents repeating the sender name, to also not say "sends" (I missed that).

Missions Route Update
- Updated a check for routing, to check for an empty 'route[0]'.
- Tidied up the script a bit.

Module... scripts
- Updated to add the plural checks from v4.0.2-rc1.
- Also added to 'Module swapped' as it's missing, and the EDDI changelog says it should have it. (Corrected in the full release v4.0.2)
- Added to 'Modules stored' as well.
(Reported both on the forums)

Music
- Added checks for 'GalaxyMap', 'SystemMap', and 'None', and setting a state variable for each. The game doesn't set 'status.gui_focus' while on foot, so I've made this workaround, mainly for my VA command to get system details. (See VA section above)

Ring mapped
- Updated to add the 'reserves' check from v4.0.2-rc1.

Star report
- Updated temperature section to be able to use Celsius, Fahrenheit, or Kelvin, and added option for this in the preferences at the top.

Surface materials report
- Fixed the 'faction.ActiveStates' to the correct 'factionPresences.ActiveStates' as per GitHub #2454.
- Fixed broken 'addBodyMaterials()' function. I forgot to remove the word 'Except' from one line.
- Updated the body material sort function to correctly sort bodies alphanumerically.
- Updated to add the following changes from v4.0.2-rc1:
- Added isVolcanic() function.
- Updated isSeleniumSpecialCase().
- Put the signal sources section into a check for a populated system.
- Updated reporting section at the end to remove the use of arrays.
- Added the check for an SRV. I had already accounted for this in the calling scripts, but it's safer to include here too.
- Updated 'bodyDescriptions' to use the 'body' optional argument for P().

Surface signals detected
- Updated to say a body is "in range" if it has previously been scanned by the player, instead of saying the "scan is complete".
- Updated to account for detections when first scanning, and those when first mapping.
- Rebuilt the script (again) to greatly reduce the amount of code. Adding the above, with the repeated code sections and the way I'd done it, was inefficient.

Touchdown
- Updated to include co-ordinates and temperature preferences, and corresponding checks from v4.0.2-rc1.
- Updated the temperature section to be more like the new default from v4.0.2-rc1.

Have fun! 😊

Attachments

• Darkcyde's Defaults - 18-01-23.zip
    273.4 KB · Views: 147
@Darkcyde I was in a CZ and I suddenly heard "Commander Darkcyde would be proud!" :ROFLMAO:
Very good, thanks for that! I like your style, sir, as well as your EDDI personality. It greatly enhances EDDI!

Fly safe!
Haha! I've had that in there for years! I'm surprised no one has mentioned it before! 😆

@Darkcyde , I have adopted it as an announcement for the German commanders :ROFLMAO:(y)
Thank you! I'm honoured! 😊😁

Perhaps the approach was too ... conservative ( {Occasionally(20, ... ) ;)
:unsure: Hmm, I think you're right. Although, I thought it was a lower number than 20. I may have changed it while testing something and forgot to put it back. 🤷‍♂️ Or maybe I just wanted it to be 'special' and not something that gets spoken very often. To be honest, it was so long ago I can't remember! 😆

Hello @T'kael, hello @Darkcyde, I have a minor problem with the announcement of the "launchbays". It always comes the same announcement no matter if you have one or two hangars with SRVs installed. The readout happens via the API. It seems to me that something is wrong. The connection to the API is available.

Hello @T'kael, hello @Darkcyde, I have a minor problem with the announcement of the "launchbays". It always comes the same announcement no matter if you have one or two hangars with SRVs installed. The readout happens via the API. It seems to me that something is wrong. The connection to the API is available.
Thanks. I've responded to the ticket you submitted on Github. This appears to be related to a change that FDev made to accessing the Frontier API a few weeks ago. We should be able to correct it in the next release.

Thanks. I've responded to the ticket you submitted on Github. This appears to be related to a change that FDev made to accessing the Frontier API a few weeks ago. We should be able to correct it in the next release.
Thanks for your quick reply !
... as always top (y):cool:

Small addendum, but you surely know that or has the same reason, the recognition of the fighters in the fighter hangars also does not work. ;)

Back
Top Bottom