Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

Hi, all! I'm starting this thread because I wanted to share a script I created in EDDI. Several people were posting scripts in the original EDDI thread which is now approaching 1000 posts. I figured it would be easier for the creative souls to share their scripts (and EDDI enabled VA profiles) here in one dedicated thread. Mods, if this is the wrong place to post this, let me know where to move it to! OK, Commanders, put on your coding caps and start those EDDI scripts flowing!

I created this script for the Jumped event. Its a simple script that reports fuel used, current fuel level, and reminds me to refuel if my tank is getting low:

Code:
{set fuellevel to (event.fuelremaining/ship.fueltanktotalcapacity) * 100}

This jump used {Humanise(event.fuelused)} tons of fuel.  You have {Humanise(fuellevel)} percent fuel remaining.

{if fuellevel <= 5:
    Your fuel level is under 5%.  If you do not refuel soon you risk being stranded.
|elif fuellevel <= 25:
    You have a quarter tank of fuel remaining.  Refuel soon.
|elif fuellevel <= 50:
    Your tank is half empty.  It is recommended you refuel soon.
}

Hope it is useful for others. See you in the black, Commanders!

Just got done with a VA command to report your ranks and ratings. This set of commands will report your current rank and progress toward your next rank, as well as your current Imperial or Federation ships and permits. It also ouputs this info to the VA log. Commands are as follows:

combat rankReports your current combat rank and progress to your next rank
exploration rankReports your current exploration rank and progress to your next rank
trade rankReports your current trade rank and progress to your next rank
pilots federation ranksReports all three PF ranks and progress to the next rank
federal ranksReports your current Federal Navy rank, progress to your next promotion, and your currently unlocked ships and system permits.
imperial ranksReports your current rank in the Empire, progress to your next promotion, and your currently unlocked ships and system permits.
full progress reportReports all of the above

The profile of course requires EDDI. I was running EDDI 2.0.13 when I created it.

Download it from my Dropbox here.

Hope you guys find it useful!

Last edited:
Hi, all! I'm starting this thread because I wanted to share a script I created in EDDI. Several people were posting scripts in the original EDDI thread which is now approaching 1000 posts. I figured it would be easier for the creative souls to share their scripts (and EDDI enabled VA profiles) here in one dedicated thread. Mods, if this is the wrong place to post this, let me know where to move it to! OK, Commanders, put on your coding caps and start those EDDI scripts flowing!

I created this script for the Jumped event. Its a simple script that reports fuel used, current fuel level, and reminds me to refuel if my tank is getting low:

Code:
{set fuellevel to (event.fuelremaining/ship.fueltanktotalcapacity) * 100}

This jump used {Humanise(event.fuelused)} tons of fuel.  You have {Humanise(fuellevel)} percent fuel remaining.

{if fuellevel <= 5:
    Your fuel level is under 5%.  If you do not refuel soon you risk being stranded.
|elif fuellevel <= 25:
    You have a quarter tank of fuel remaining.  Refuel soon.
|elif fuellevel <= 50:
    Your tank is half empty.  It is recommended you refuel soon.
}

Hope it is useful for others. See you in the black, Commanders!

Sounds very useful indeed! Where do I copy this code to? Sorry I'm a Noob with this.

thanks!

Here is one I created for Ship Interdicted
Code:
Interdicted by 
{if event.iscommander:
   commander
|else:
   npc
}

{P(event.interdictor)} whos combat rank is {P(event.rating.name)}.

{P(event.interdictor)} is aligned to Faction {P(event.faction)} within the {P(event.power)}

Note, combat rank does not seem to work properly, as it does not call it out. Perhaps someone knows answer to properly call that info?

~S~
wind

@okmerflow, go to the Speech Responder tab in EDDI. In order to edit the events you need to create a new personality. Click on the "Copy personality" button at the bottom of the Speech Responder tab, and give it a name. The "Edit" buttons should now be active. Click on "Edit" in the Jumped event and paste my code, and Robert's your mothers brother, you are good to go!

@WindWpn, the variable you should be calling is event.rating, not event.rating.name. However, it looks like the rating variable isn't working under the Interdiction script. You should let jgm know on the original EDDI thread.

Last edited:
@WindWpn, the variable you should be calling is event.rating, not event.rating.name. However, it looks like the rating variable isn't working under the Interdiction script. You should let jgm know on the original EDDI thread.

I believe event.rating provides the number value for the rating; however, event.rating.name will give the actual name. aka, event.rating=3; event.rating.name=novice, etc...

Though I did post reply on other thread to inquire on the rating value relative to the ship interdicted event.

~S~
wind

@okmerflow, go to the Speech Responder tab in EDDI. In order to edit the events you need to create a new personality. Click on the "Copy personality" button at the bottom of the Speech Responder tab, and give it a name. The "Edit" buttons should now be active. Click on "Edit" in the Jumped event and paste my code, and Robert's your mothers brother, you are good to go!

Thanks Omega, I'll give it a go!

@omega9380

I don't understand where to apply this rank progress script?

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edit: Nvm, figured it out :)

Last edited:
@omega9380

I don't understand where to apply this rank progress script?

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edit: Nvm, figured it out :)

Glad you figured it out! For others reference, download the VAP file from the link in the post, go into Voice Attack, click the icon highlighed in yellow below:

va.png

then click Import Profile. Choose the VAP file and it will import it into the Profiles list. If you want to bring the commands into your own profile, load and edit my VAP profile, right-click the command and click Copy to... then choose your profile. Have fun!

Anyone want to help me tweak and refine a smarter 'Galnet news published' script'? I've added a regex filter to read just the title of some of the more common types of galnet articles and read the more unusual stories in full.

Here's the script:
{set regexfilter to "^(?!.*Weekly|Report.*)|(?!.*Powerplay:|Update.*)|(?!.*Starport|Update.*).*$"}

{if len(event.items) = 1:
A new Galnet article has been published, entitled {event.items[0].title}.
{if match(event.items[item].title, regexfilter):
it reads
{Pause(1000)}
{event.items[0].content}.
}

|elif len(event.items) > 1:
{len(event.items)} new Galnet articles have been published.
{set item to 0}
{while item < len(event.items):

{if item = 0:
The first is entitled {event.items[item].title},
and reads
{Pause(1000)}
{event.items[item].content}.
}

|elif item = 1:
The second is entitled {event.items[item].title},
and reads
{Pause(1000)}
}

|elif item = len(event.items) - 1:
The last is entitled {event.items[item].title},
{if not(match(event.items[item].title, regexfilter)):
and reads
{Pause(1000)}
}

|else:
The next is entitled {event.items[item].title},
{if not(match(event.items[item].title, regexfilter)):
and reads
{Pause(1000)}
{event.items[item].content}
}

}

{set item to item + 1}
{Pause(1000)}
}.
}

Advanced TTS voice tags work in EDDI. Havn't tried them in Voiceattack but might work their to. The milli-second pause tag is great for getting voices to sound better when reading sentances with proper pacing. You can work wonders with bad sounding phrases just by adding pauses in the right places.

Eg

{Pause(00000)}

<prosody rate="x-slow">
<prosody pitch="-50Hz"> I'm</prosody>
<prosody pitch="-30Hz"> flow</prosody>
<prosody pitch="+60Hz"> ting </prosody>
<prosody pitch="+80Hz"> in </prosody>
<prosody pitch="+60Hz"> the </prosody>
<prosody pitch="-20Hz"> most </prosody>
<prosody rate="slow">
<prosody pitch="+30Hz"> paculiar</prosody>
</prosody>
<prosody pitch="+90Hz"> way.</prosody>

<prosody pitch="-50Hz">my</prosody>
<prosody rate="slow">
<prosody pitch="-30Hz"> ship is</prosody>
<prosody pitch="-10Hz"> blown </prosody>
</prosody>
<prosody pitch="-30Hz"> to </prosody>
<prosody pitch="-50Hz"> pieces </prosody>
<prosody pitch="-20Hz">and I</prosody>
<prosody rate="slow">
<prosody pitch="+20Hz"> hope my insurance</prosody>
</prosody>
<prosody pitch="+90Hz"> pay!</prosody>

I get wierd results when altering the pitch of the voices. I wanted the voice to sing, but even when trying to use proper notes, it don't work right.

I got the tags from here.

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMQSV_6.1.1/com.ibm.voicetools.ssml.doc/ssml_tags.html

Glad you figured it out! For others reference, download the VAP file from the link in the post, go into Voice Attack, click the icon highlighed in yellow below:

http://www.jeremyedwardkellogg.com/images/va.png

then click Import Profile. Choose the VAP file and it will import it into the Profiles list. If you want to bring the commands into your own profile, load and edit my VAP profile, right-click the command and click Copy to... then choose your profile. Have fun!

Yea :) But the weird thing was, when I clicked the link in didn't download the .VAP, instead it showed the entire code. Which I then had to copy and make my own .VAP file :p

I'm really loving EDDI, and have started tweaking scripts to add a little sass and personality to the voice. One problem I can't seem to figure out though: The 'Pause' function doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Specifically, for the 'Docking Granted' script, I really love how it tells me the pad is at "six o'clock near", but it's often a struggle to hear as the station's Flight Control is squawking out permission. I figured I'd mess with the amount of time the EDDI script pauses, to have EDDI start telling me the pad location after Flight Control has finished talking. However, nothing I seem to do with the value in the 'Pause' command seems to make any difference whatsoever.

I've got zero computer programming experience, so it's probably something simple I'm not doing right. Any help or advice that anyone could give me would be awesome.

Yeah, I've gotten that before when using Dropbox. A VAP file is nothing more than an XML document with a VAP extention. Browsers typically decide how to handle a link to a file via the MIME type, and Dropbox probably tagged the VAP file as an XML file. Hence, some browsers (Internet Exploder for example) will open the link as the raw XML code. Blame Dropbox :D.

Yeah, I've gotten that before when using Dropbox. A VAP file is nothing more than an XML document with a VAP extention. Browsers typically decide how to handle a link to a file via the MIME type, and Dropbox probably tagged the VAP file as an XML file. Hence, some browsers (Internet Exploder for example) will open the link as the raw XML code. Blame Dropbox :D.

Click on the link with the Right Mousebutton and choose Save Target As.. (in IE) or Save Link As.. (in Firefox). Then you can save the vap-file (in IE change the .vap (in Custom EDDI Commands-Profile.xml) to .vap

Top Bottom