Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

Technomancer,
Do any EDDI status, events, etc., works directly in voice attack? If not, please check if EDDI is installed at the correct folder. I know it may be a dumb question, but check if it's installed inside the \VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI folder.

Good luck!

Yes, EDDI it's installed correctly. I'm using several commands from this page: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/wiki/Events using the recommended VA Command naming convention, i.e. ((EDDI yada yada yada)). The one's I can't get to work are the one's on this page: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/wiki/VoiceAttack-Integration when I put them into a VA command.

I know it sounds like I'm probably doing something wrong, but just for the record, I'm not trying to pat myself in the back, I've using VA and EDDI for around two years. Additionally, I code in VB at work and I've dabbled in LUA, Python, RegEX, CC++. I have several complex commands in VA, including a Panel Tab and Docking Request sequence that work flawlessly. The use of these commands is pretty basic, especially since they've already been laid out for us.

I just think that I need to reinstall VA and EDDI and see if that solves something that might be borked. And yes, both EDDI and VA are installed in the default folder(s). I haven't done that yet because I'm thinking of going to Win10 while I'm at it....yes I'm still on Win7 64 bit. :p

Thanx for your suggestion.

Event and status variables are set from the same .dll, so I doubt a reinstall is going to help. Posting some screenshots of your command might help us to spot the issue though.

Event and status variables are set from the same .dll, so I doubt a reinstall is going to help. Posting some screenshots of your command might help us to spot the issue though.

Well, I didn't even have to reinstall anything.

I tried deleting the custom Personality I was messing around with a while back, and had forgotten about, and the variables started working. o_O

I wish I would've flipped through the Personality to see what crazy things I was experimenting with that might have caused the issue.

Oh well, whatever, it's working now. (y)

Thanx to everyone for helping out.

reading the 3.5 patch notes i noticed what follows

Updates
  • New SAASignalsFound event with bio/geo signals on planets and hotspots in rings

does this mean perchance that it will be possible to have the EDDI responder to notify us, if and when a certain body has notable Surface POIs, even without having to wait on its FSS page? might this tell the type of POI (bio/geo/alien and so on) they could be?

any idea on how this could be done?

reading the 3.5 patch notes i noticed what follows

Updates
  • New SAASignalsFound event with bio/geo signals on planets and hotspots in rings
does this mean perchance that it will be possible to have the EDDI responder to notify us, if and when a certain body has notable Surface POIs, even without having to wait on its FSS page? might this tell the type of POI (bio/geo/alien and so on) they could be?

any idea on how this could be done?
We have a beta in preparation which will enable this; it will be easier to explain once you have it. We were going to release it yesterday but decided it’d be better to wait until the game is more stable.

To add to VB's comment, SAASignalsFound is a bit of a mixed bag. The 'hotspot' data will name specific commodities and a count of hotspots, but that's it. The 'surface' data only gives the count for biological, geological, and human signals present, not specifics on the kind of biological or geological POI's. I doubt that's going to change as I expect it's intended to be vague.

Where the jury is still out is what kind of specificity we will find in the Touchdown and Liftoff events via the NearDestination property, when within 50Km of a POI.

As you explore these POI sites, please send us the relevant journal events, so we can improve EDDI together.

- Hooda

There's no way it would tell you the kind of geological and biological POIs as that information is only revealed by flying there and using the composition scanner.
We're particularly interested in the NearDestination property as I am hearing reports that it's not plain text and will need some processing.

The 'surface' data only gives the count for biological, geological, and human signals present, not specifics on the kind of biological or geological POI's. I doubt that's going to change as I expect it's intended to be vague.
yep, i wouldn't expect it different, but it would save a lotta time when outbound and scanning everything as i do; i'm not interested in visiting geo POIs so if i'd be able to just scan everything all at once and then be told by EDDI if there are any "interesting" POIs (bio, alien human and so on) that'll be good enough!

As you explore these POI sites, please send us the relevant journal events, so we can improve EDDI together.
- Hooda
unfortunately i'm just back from an 8 months tour (started with DW2) so i'm not "in the black", let's say, but if you could just tell me how and where i can collect such data i'll be glad to do it (why not a small tour to visit some more shards forest? lotta raw to be collected there... ;) )

OK so the NearestDestination entries in the journal logs look like this:

"NearestDestination":"$Settlement_Unflattened_Unknown:#index=1;", "NearestDestination_Localised":"Thargoid Barnacle (1)"

As you can see, the key (aka edName) Settlement_Unflattened_Unknown bears no relation to the localised name Thargoid Barnacle.

We're thinking about this, but at first sight we might need to ask for your help in crowdsourcing the mapping from edName to localised name.

Cheers, FDev.

OK so the NearestDestination entries in the journal logs look like this:

"NearestDestination":"$Settlement_Unflattened_Unknown:#index=1;", "NearestDestination_Localised":"Thargoid Barnacle (1)"

As you can see, the key (aka edName) Settlement_Unflattened_Unknown bears no relation to the localised name Thargoid Barnacle.

We're thinking about this, but at first sight we might need to ask for your help in crowdsourcing the mapping from edName to localised name.

Cheers, FDev.

Here's one I just obtained for you:-
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2019-09-19T22:30:54Z", "event":"Touchdown", "PlayerControlled":true, "Latitude":5.318683, "Longitude":-111.890030, "NearestDestination":"$SAA_Unknown_Signal:#type=$SAA_SignalType_Geological;:#index=5;", "NearestDestination_Localised":"Surface signal: Geological (5)" }
I was about 12Km away (not that it matters, I don't think) and it was listed as Geo Site 5 just as it says in 'Localised' when targeted in game. Hope that helps! :)

Here's one I just obtained for you:-
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2019-09-19T22:30:54Z", "event":"Touchdown", "PlayerControlled":true, "Latitude":5.318683, "Longitude":-111.890030, "NearestDestination":"$SAA_Unknown_Signal:#type=$SAA_SignalType_Geological;:#index=5;", "NearestDestination_Localised":"Surface signal: Geological (5)" }
I was about 12Km away (not that it matters, I don't think) and it was listed as Geo Site 5 just as it says in 'Localised' when targeted in game. Hope that helps! :)
Yes, that's helpful, thanks. We're just interested in mapping the NearestDestination bit to the NearestDestination_Localised bit.

Any reports from the various types of Thargoid and Guardian surface structures would be particularly welcome. Especially in the other supported languages.

JSON:
{
    "timestamp": "2019-09-19T08:29:30Z",
    "event": "CodexEntry",
    "EntryID": 2301802,
    "Name": "$Codex_Ent_L_Org_Moll03_V3_Dark_Name;",
    "Name_Localised": "Lindigoticum Umbrella Mollusc",
    "SubCategory": "$Codex_SubCategory_Organic_Structures;",
    "SubCategory_Localised": "Organic structures",
    "Category": "$Codex_Category_Biology;",
    "Category_Localised": "Biological and Geological",
    "Region": "$Codex_RegionName_9;",
    "Region_Localised": "Inner Scutum-Centaurus Arm",
    "System": "Eol Prou RS-T d3-287",
    "SystemAddress": 9869725602083,
    "NearestDestination": "$Fixed_Event_Life_Cloud;",
    "NearestDestination_Localised": "Notable stellar phenomena"
}

I think it's equally important to physically go to these POIs so we can determine whether 'Geo Site 5' is merely the '5th' geological POI on the body or whether it correlates to a specific type of geological phenomena. We need to build a reliable 'translation map' for localization to be properly implemented.

EDIT: Obviously the same for biologicals.

Last edited:
Those journal events are quite helpful. Is anyone nearby any surface biological sites or Guardian surface sites and able to provide journal events from touching down within 50km?

Last edited:
Those journal events are quite helpful. Is anyone nearby any surface biological sites or Guardian surface sites and able to provide journal events from touching down within 25km?
I've been looking for Bio sites, but haven't found any yet. I'm beginning to think the region I'm in is literally life-less. :/

could this be of help? i caught it at Synuefe NL-N c23-4 B 3 trying to do my first guardian module's run

"NearestDestination":"$Ancient_Small_005:#index=1;", "NearestDestination_Localised":"Guardian Structure" }

Top Bottom