Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

I also use Amy for both EDDI and VA, but there are TWO different voices in that video. One is EDDI, the other is not.
I think that you're forgetting about the Voice() function? ;-)
Voice()

This function allows you to include a different voice in your script than then one currently selected. This function uses SSML tags.

Voice() takes two mandatory arguments: the text to speak and the voice to speak it (legal values for the voice should match one of the voices listed by EDDI's Text-to-Speech tab."). For Example:

{Voice("Now I can speak", "Microsoft Zira Desktop")} {Voice("And I can listen", "Microsoft David Desktop")}

Last edited:
i see your point, looks like the male voce is the one from EDDI (giving notice about next sys during jump) while the female, the one that actively tells about refueling and stuff, might actually be from some other kind of personality in VA, don't think it's an HCS voice though: seems synthetic to me while HCS are mostly recorded aren't they?

actually T'Kael might be right: i didn't know about that feature either

I think that you're forgetting about the Voice() function? ;-)

Actually, no, I'm not. I'm factoring that the EDDI voice is the default Windows voice and the female voice is something else.

The HCS 'Astra' voice is nothing most than a sound processed 'Amy', so my theory has yet to be disproven.

If you really want to know, ask the video creator.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the debate, but having nearly all HCS voice packs as well as simultaneously using EDDI, I can most assuredly confirm NEITHER of the two voices in that video as the ship fuel scoops & does the disco scan are from HCS Voicepacks. The male voice sounds like a slowed-down EDDI (though I make mine sound a little more robotic). Regardless, it'd be great if the video creator could actually provide confirmation / script.

Last edited:
I use VA/HCS/EDDI setting EDDI voice to Zira at 60% volume, speech speed 1. I use Astra as the primary voice in VA and also have Verity but don't use it much. The Zira/Astra combination sounds so much alike that I switch to David when I need to verify which responses are coming from which voice.

I'm not much of a programmer (understatement), but I can easily see how much you could customize just about anything you wanted given the time and interest. I have neither the skills or interest (plenty of time) so I'm happy not straying too far from just tweaking a few settings here and there to get a really well integrated and effective voice and trigger activated system that complements ED. That way, I don't have to get too boggled when updates come along and that sort of thing.

But - yeah - VA/HCS/EDDI - all well integrated, is what makes ED something I never grow tired of playing.

Thanks so much to the team that picked up the EDDI maintenance and development.

After the 3.5 install I keep getting, "has granted you access to grade blueprints." announced at startup.

I have all engineers mat max grade within the bubble and haven't been to Colonia since before they added engineers out there. I have no idea why I would be getting this msg. Any idea which json file I need to delete to clear the msg?

THX

After the 3.5 install I keep getting, "has granted you access to grade blueprints." announced at startup.

I have all engineers mat max grade within the bubble and haven't been to Colonia since before they added engineers out there. I have no idea why I would be getting this msg. Any idea which json file I need to delete to clear the msg?

THX
That's due to an update in EDDI (or the Journal) that needs an amendment to the script. This is from the change log:-
Updated the Engineer progressed event to stay silent by default when written at startup (with empty values, signaling that engineer data has been loaded).
You'll need to make the same adjustment to your version of the script.

EDIT: I'm not sure how much difference this may make (or not), but the last |elif event.engineer: in the default script has a capital E for engineer. I've changed mine to be lower case to match the rest of the script, as I'm not sure if it's case sensitive. I've submitted a ticket on GitHub for it, just in case.

Last edited:
EDIT: I'm not sure how much difference this may make (or not), but the last |elif event.engineer: in the default script has a capital E for engineer. I've changed mine to be lower case to match the rest of the script, as I'm not sure if it's case sensitive. I've submitted a ticket on GitHub for it, just in case.

Yup, needs to be lowercase. Will fix default scripts in 3.5.1.

Concerning my vid showing my auto refueling routine...

Haven't played for about 6 months, started having trouble with VA understanding commands I was trying to use for some reason so took a break and just haven't got back to it yet. Honestly having a hard time remembering how I did certain things :(

I'm older then dirt and not a coder to boot. So probably ugly and I'm sure there's much better way to do things but it worked for me lol, be kind :)

Concerning the voice(s) I have EDDI set to use Microsoft David Desktop according to what shown under text to speech. Voice attack female voice is set to using Microsoft Zira Desktop. I remember playing around with different voices I found on the web, but right now don't remember exactly how/what I did, but they weren't from HCS. :( (Would updating EDDI have overwritten settings I had for voices under a custom profile?)

Its using EDDI and VA commands. I didn't write an EDDI script just added commands to my VA profile using ingame commands and using EDDI events. Here is a small part of what I have in my VA profile that starts the whole process when EDDI "jumped" is triggered....

Set Boolean [EDDI ship refuelled full] to False
Move mouse cursor to Application Center
Begin Condition : [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'F' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'O' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'A' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'M' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'K' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'G' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'B' ((I'm sure there's a cleaner and better way to make sure next sun is scoopable or not))
Pause 2 seconds
Say, 'Refueling star ahead, smoking lamp is out'
Pause 0.5 seconds
Execute command, 'Orbit Star'
Else
Say, 'Sorry no fuel at this stop, continuing on'
Press X key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Execute command, 'Reload page' (and wait until it completes)
Execute command, 'Scan System'
Press B key and hold for 5 seconds and release
Press A key and hold for 3.21 seconds and release
Press NumPad Home key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Execute command, 'Continue Route' (and wait until it completes)
End Condition

When the "Orbit Star" command is executed I open the nav panel and using keys move around on I make sure the sun is targeted and then turn on supercruise assist to circle until the EDDI event Ship refueled is triggered.

There's alot more to it, routines to move away from sun and opening the scanner if EDDI reports there is bodies needing scanned, setting jump to next route destination.

If really wanted I can try to put together something showing exactly all the subroutines I used for the whole thing. Just remember it will be ugly :)

Last edited:
If I attach a text file on my computer will it be uploaded to forum or will link be to file directly on my computer? Sorry really not savvy on way things work at times.

I could just paste it but its sorta long, 120 lines.

Last edited:
you can choose the option to insert a so called "Spoiler" from the Insert Menu (the 3 dots to the right of the Emoticon Menu in the upper line of the message window) and paste the text between the two spoiler marks, this way only those interested will open it
;)

If I attach a text file on my computer will it be uploaded to forum or will link be to file directly on my computer? Sorry really not savvy on way things work at times.

Use the spoiler command

Here are two commands for "spoiler".

Here your text:

Text line
Text line
Text line

Select the complete text. Use one of the spoiler commands.
It then looks like this (without leading space)

[ SPOILER="Example"]Text line
Text line
Text line

[ /SPOILER]

And the result looks like this.

Text line
Text line
Text line

kk thx, Ok here is my auto fuel scooping routines I came up with utilizing VA/EDDI events. I'm sure gonna look ugly to more seasoned coders/scripters but its what I came up with and works for me :). Hopefully haven't missed anything, haven't played ED for at least 6 months or so, started having problems with VA recognizing some commands and had to get away for a bit. Its long about 120 lines.
I'm older then dirt and not a coder so be kind lol

Engage Warp (VA command)
Press NumPad 4 key and hold for 0.25 seconds and release (sets speed to 100%)
Press J key and hold for 0.15 seconds and release (engage FSD)
Pause 2 seconds
Move mouse cursor to Primary Screen Center
Pause 2 seconds

((EDDI jumped))
Move mouse cursor to Application Center
Begin Condition : [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'F' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'O' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'A' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'M' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'K' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'G' OR [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged stellarclass}] Equals 'B'
Pause 2 seconds
Say, 'Refueling star ahead, smoking lamp is out'
Pause 0.5 seconds
Execute command, 'Orbit Star'

Orbit Star (VA Command)
Press NumPad Home key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release (sets speed to 25%)
Pause 3.4 seconds
Pause 0.5 seconds
Press T key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.5 seconds
Press 1 key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release ................(This routine used to make sure
Pause 1 second ......................................................................star is targeted and then enter
Press D key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release .................supercruise assist)
Pause 0.21 seconds
Press S key and hold for 0.15 seconds and release
Pause 1 second
Press W key and hold for 4 seconds and release
Press Space key and hold for 0.51 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds
Press D key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds
Press Space key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds
Press A key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds
Press 1 key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds
Press NumPad Up key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 2 seconds
Execute command, 'Scan System' (and wait until it completes)

Scan System (VA Command)
Click left mouse button (duration 5.1sec)

Execute command, 'Ship Fueled'
Ship Fueled (VA Command)
Pause 1 second
Begin Decimal Compare : [EDDI ship refuelled total] Is Less Than Or Equals 30
End Condition
Pause 0.5 seconds
Start Loop While : [EDDI ship refuelled full] Equals False
Write [Blue] '{BOOL:EDDI ship refuelled full}' to log
Pause 0.1 seconds
Set decimal [amount1] value to the value of [EDDI ship refuelled amount]
Pause 0.1 seconds
Write [Blue] '{DEC:EDDI ship refuelled total}' to log
Write [Blue] '{DEC:amount1}' to log
Execute command, 'Pause please' (and wait until it completes)
Pause please (VA command)
Pause 5 seconds (don't ask/know why)
Press E key and hold for 1 second and release
End Loop
Begin Boolean Compare : [EDDI ship refuelled full] Equals True
Press T key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 1 second
Say, 'Continue wandering'
Press F9 key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Press NumPad Left key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds
Press B key and hold for 5.1 seconds and release
Press D key and hold for 1 second and release
Execute command, 'Continue Route'

Continue Route (VA command)
Press F9 key and hold for 0.15 seconds and release
Begin Boolean Compare : [scan1] Does Not Equal True
Say, 'Hold on, theres still bodies to analyze'
Pause 2 seconds
Begin Boolean Compare : [explore1] Equals True
Press Right Ctrl+F keys and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
End Condition
End Condition
Pause 4 seconds

Else
Say, 'Sorry no fuel at this stop, continuing on'
Execute command, 'Scan System'
Scan System (VA command)
Click left mouse button (duration 5.1sec)
Press B key and hold for 5 seconds and release
Press A key and hold for 3.21 seconds and release
Press NumPad Home key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Execute command, 'Continue Route' (and wait until it completes)

Continue Route (VA command)
Press F9 key and hold for 0.15 seconds and release
Begin Boolean Compare : [scan1] Does Not Equal True
Say, 'Hold on, theres still bodies to analyze'
Pause 2 seconds
Begin Boolean Compare : [explore1] Equals True
Press Right Ctrl+F keys and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
End Condition

End Condition

Hopefully didn't miss anything.

Routine ends with ship fueled (where possible) system scanned (if needed) and next system in route targeted and ready for Engage Warp command to be issued.

Never added a command to enable/disable the routine from running yet.
If don't want autoscooping to be executed once exit jump I give the Stop;Stop Commands;Stop All VA command.

Copying took off some formatting I had so edited trying to seperate the differant commands and colored comments yellow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom