Release EDDI - Windows app for immersion and more

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
@verticalblank
Got an issue after updating to 2.4.2 tonight.. Every time I enter a station or port, I get an error message saying to upload my log to the Developers. It's happening with the market update data.

What would you like me to do?

@verticalblank
Got an issue after updating to 2.4.2 tonight.. Every time I enter a station or port, I get an error message saying to upload my log to the Developers. It's happening with the market update data.

What would you like me to do?

FDEV has changed a bunch of the commodity descriptions and I wrote some code to detect those 'out-of-sync' commodities and write them in the log file (eddi.txt). When you get the message, open your eddi.txt file in the user/AppData/Roaming/EDDI folder. In the file you'll find a message (or multiples, if you received the announcement at more than one station) detailing the out-of-sync commodities.

Please copy and paste them to a comment here, a forum PM to me, or the EDCD/EDDI Discord channel.

I apologize about about not warning ya'll up-front and the temporary annoyance from the announcement, but the more who participate, the sooner the announcements will be farther and fewer between, and the more accurate the data to EDDN/EDDB will be.

Thanks!

Hooda - EDDI Dev Team

Last edited:
FDEV has changed a bunch of the commodity descriptions and I wrote some code to detect those 'out-of-sync' commodities and write them in the log file (eddi.txt). When you get the message, open your eddi.txt file in the user/AppData/Roaming/EDDI folder. In the file you'll find a message (or multiples, if you received the announcement at more than one station) detailing the out-of-sync commodities.

Please copy and paste them to a comment here, a forum PM to me, or the EDCD/EDDI Discord channel.

I apologize about about not warning ya'll up-front and the temporary annoyance from the announcement, but the more who participate, the sooner the announcements will be farther and fewer between, and the more accurate the data to EDDN/EDDB will be.

Thanks!

Hooda - EDDI Dev Team

Roger that, log incoming.

I purchased a new ship, a FdL and it didn't show in the ship monitor and EDDI didn't recognize it when I switched ships. Even though I had named it, EDDI said, "Putting your FdL in storage and switching to Botany Bay" (which is the name of my Python. When swapping back to the FdL it still referred to the FdL (which I have named Repudiator) as "Your FdL". In the EDDI configuration screen the ship monitor still showed only 1 ship, the Python. I thought I might need to quit VA and let EDDI reboot. When I did that, it said a new version of EDDI was available. 2.42, I believe it was, so I took down Voice Attack and upgraded EDDI to the latest version. It now shows both my ships in the ship monitor tab. Was it the update, or does EDDI have to be rebooted to recognize a new ship when you purchase one?

I purchased a new ship, a FdL and it didn't show in the ship monitor and EDDI didn't recognize it when I switched ships. Even though I had named it, EDDI said, "Putting your FdL in storage and switching to Botany Bay" (which is the name of my Python. When swapping back to the FdL it still referred to the FdL (which I have named Repudiator) as "Your FdL". In the EDDI configuration screen the ship monitor still showed only 1 ship, the Python. I thought I might need to quit VA and let EDDI reboot. When I did that, it said a new version of EDDI was available. 2.42, I believe it was, so I took down Voice Attack and upgraded EDDI to the latest version. It now shows both my ships in the ship monitor tab. Was it the update, or does EDDI have to be rebooted to recognize a new ship when you purchase one?

** In case your new ships aren't registered correctly, delete the shipmonitor.json in the EDDI dir and relaunch EDDI to fix. Location: %User%\AppData\Roaming\EDDI **

I had the same problem. This fixes it.

** In case your new ships aren't registered correctly, delete the shipmonitor.json in the EDDI dir and relaunch EDDI to fix. Location: %User%\AppData\Roaming\EDDI **

I had the same problem. This fixes it.

Yes that would do the trick. KellyR, since you've experienced the malformed journal bug in the past when renaming ships, I wonder if this is related? Might be worth inspecting the journal entries in question.

Roger that, log incoming.

Suvi, thanks for the PM!

May I suggest turning off Verbose Logging. You should only have verbose logging enabled if we specifically ask you to do so. The 'Commodity Out-of-Sync' messages will show in a non-verbose log.

Incidentally, they will look something like this:

Code:
2017-10-24T04:02:34 CompanionAppService:CommoditiesFromProfile [W]  Commodity definition errors: [{"name":"Power Transfer  Bus","category":"Machinery","avgprice":2065,"rare":null,"buyprice":0,"stock":0,"stockbracket":0,"sellprice":2379,"demand":195,"demandbracket":3,"StatusFlags":[],"EDDBID":0,"EDName":"PowerTransferConduits"}]

In a non-verbose log, they will be easy to spot. Just copy/paste into a PM or forum comment.

Thanks again!

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
If you just want to get rid of all NPC speech, just delete the lines coloured red.
Sorry for replying to an old message, but I am confused by the instructions to remove NPC speak.

In the above quoted post it says to remove the lines in red, which start with "|elif event.source != "Station":"
When I check my "Message received" script those lines aren't in the script, but I still hear the NPC messages. Do I need to remove something else?

Again sorry for the semi-necro, but thankful for any help :)

Last edited:
Sorry for replying to an old message, but I am confused by the instructions to remove NPC speak.

In the above quoted post it says to remove the lines in red, which start with "|elif event.source != "Station":"
When I check my "Message received" script those lines aren't in the script, but I still hear the NPC messages. Do I need to remove something else?

Again sorry for the semi-necro, but thankful for any help :)

If i may:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/386602-EDDI-and-NPC-text?p=6064878&viewfull=1#post6064878

If you haven't heavily modified it already, reset to default before deleting the 2 lines, or check up on the line 'event.player = true'.

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
If i may:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...and-NPC-text?p=6064878&viewfull=1#post6064878

If you haven't heavily modified it already, reset to default before deleting the 2 lines, or check up on the line 'event.player = true'.
I saw that, but neither my personal profile, nor the default contains the line about the "station". It has everything above those lines, so to me it looks like the lines in bold (last two) are already deleted. I still get the NPC messages.
Here's a direct copy of my "Messages received script":
Code:
{_ Context }
{SetState('eddi_context_last_subject', 'message')}
{SetState('eddi_context_last_action', 'receive')}
{SetState('eddi_context_message_name', event.from)}
{SetState('eddi_context_message_content', event.message)}

{if event.message = "o7":
    {event.from} salutes
    {if event.channel = "player":
        you
    }.
|else:
    Message received from {event.from}.  Message reads: {event.message}.
}

use this.

Code:
{_ Context }
{SetState('eddi_context_last_subject', 'message')}
{SetState('eddi_context_last_action', 'receive')}
{SetState('eddi_context_message_name', event.from)}
{SetState('eddi_context_message_content', event.message)}

{if event.player = true:
    {if event.message = "o7":
        {event.from} salutes
        {if event.channel = "player":
            you
        }.
    |else:
        Message received from {event.source} {event.from}.  Message reads: {event.message}.
    }
}

Last edited:
Suvi, thanks for the PM!

In a non-verbose log, they will be easy to spot. Just copy/paste into a PM or forum comment.

Thanks again!

Oops! Sorry, I had just flicked it on when I got that message from EDDI to send my log, figured more data was better...

I'll send them over when I get them, going forward.

Yes that would do the trick. KellyR, since you've experienced the malformed journal bug in the past when renaming ships, I wonder if this is related? Might be worth inspecting the journal entries in question.

I renamed the ship using the Outfitting -> Livery instead of going to the Livery directly which seems to be the cause of that issue. But it's working fine now. Once I restarted EDDI, it picked up both ships just fine. I was just wondering was it the update to the latest 2.4 or the restarting of the app? Probably just needed to restart the app.

I renamed the ship using the Outfitting -> Livery instead of going to the Livery directly which seems to be the cause of that issue. But it's working fine now. Once I restarted EDDI, it picked up both ships just fine. I was just wondering was it the update to the latest 2.4 or the restarting of the app? Probably just needed to restart the app.

Probably restarting the app, as that would cause it to re-query your fleet from the cAPI.

Is there a way to restart EDDI without restarting Voice Attack? Also, I did an update profile and it still didn't show my new ship in the ship monitor. And yes, I did wait until it actually did the pull as it will wait a few seconds after receiving the command.

Is there a way to restart EDDI without restarting Voice Attack? Also, I did an update profile and it still didn't show my new ship in the ship monitor. And yes, I did wait until it actually did the pull as it will wait a few seconds after receiving the command.

No, there is not, but I can look into the feasibility of that.

When you're updating the profile, swapping ships, etc, do you have VoicAttack and the EDDI Window open at the same time?

If so, this the source of your problems. There is a long standing history (jgm would comment on it often) of having unpredictable results when both are open.

Long, technical explanation is the Ship Monitor uses a 'Notify' mechanism to tell the EDDI window when a ship parameter has changed, in order to update the window.

Having both windows open interferes with that mechanism... The event has come and gone, ship parameter values have changed you can access them in EDDI and VA scripts, but the EDDI Ship Monitor did not get the notification and it wont be updated in the window without re-starting EDDI.

Last edited:
Quick Question.

Is there a way to have EDDI correct some of the pronunciations in the game on the fly?

I've tried both the CereProc voices, and the Loquendo voices and they struggle with "Thargoid" :) - would be great if we could have some kind of enhancement to auto-correct pronunciation of certain words

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom