Release EDDN - Elite Dangerous Data Network. Trading tools sharing info in an unified way.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Is there a call that can be made to EDDN to get the entire price listings, entire system listings, stations, factions etc. I know that EDDB offers daily dumps, but does EDDN offer a 'as of this moment' file?

Is there a call that can be made to EDDN to get the entire price listings, entire system listings, stations, factions etc. I know that EDDB offers daily dumps, but does EDDN offer a 'as of this moment' file?

Perhaps use EDDB? There's an API.

EDIT: Doh, you said you knew about EDDB. Fail on reading skills. But it's still the best resource, perhaps some sort of time filter could be used?

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer

Anthornet is right when he said "EDDN only offers real time data! No archives sorry.". There are however sites which archive EDDN messages. You might want to look into "EDDN on DynamoDB" and contact the author, Askarr. Not sure if the archive is still running and able to handle the latest EDDN format.

See also his announcement of the tool here in this EDDN thread here

A snippet from the EDCodex page: "This tool provides for an ongoing archive of the JSON sent over EDDN. No validation is performed beyond schema matching. No de-duplication is performed. The objective is simple: capture everything that got sent through EDDN. If your own services missed a section of data, this is where you should be able to find it. The data is hosted in AWS DynamoDB (at present, only EU West 1). The documentation for the API can be found in the provided links."

Last edited:
Anthornet is right when he said "EDDN only offers real time data! No archives sorry.". There are however sites which archive EDDN messages. You might want to look into "EDDN on DynamoDB" and contact the author, Askarr. Not sure if the archive is still running and able to handle the latest EDDN format.

See also his announcement of the tool here in this EDDN thread here

A snippet from the EDCodex page: "This tool provides for an ongoing archive of the JSON sent over EDDN. No validation is performed beyond schema matching. No de-duplication is performed. The objective is simple: capture everything that got sent through EDDN. If your own services missed a section of data, this is where you should be able to find it. The data is hosted in AWS DynamoDB (at present, only EU West 1). The documentation for the API can be found in the provided links."

Thanks, the GitHib for that site was updated 16 days ago with the new schemas so hopefully it's still running.

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Thanks, the GitHib for that site was updated 16 days ago with the new schemas so hopefully it's still running.

Your welcome. I hope you have noticed the following in his announcement "# I'll give out read-only access keys on request, but please don't share them; that way I can track who is using what data
# and block individual access if someone abuses the system.". So it looks as if you have to contact Askarr. Let us know how it did work out and how useful/complete/fast that archive is. It REALLY looks very useful.

Your welcome. I hope you have noticed the following in his announcement "# I'll give out read-only access keys on request, but please don't share them; that way I can track who is using what data
# and block individual access if someone abuses the system.". So it looks as if you have to contact Askarr. Let us know how it did work out and how useful/complete/fast that archive is. It REALLY looks very useful.

Yes Askarr's website says that he must be contacted directly for an API key.

If I move ahead with using this as a data source, I will let you know whether it works out.

I have a quick question. I have ship data stored in EDDN via ED Market Connector. Is there a way to access the data on the other ships I have, other than the one I have currently active?

That is, my question really boils down to: Is there a 'Viewer' app of some sort that allows me to see the data I have stored in EDDN?

Thanks in advance!

I have a quick question. I have ship data stored in EDDN via ED Market Connector. Is there a way to access the data on the other ships I have, other than the one I have currently active?

That is, my question really boils down to: Is there a 'Viewer' app of some sort that allows me to see the data I have stored in EDDN?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
EDDN only contains real time data, so there is nothing stored.
Ship data aren't passed in EDDN as part of personal data.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom