Release EDEB - Elite Dangerous Exploration Buddy

I'm having an issue with the UI updating properly. The voice prompts are working, like when a valuable planet is scanned or when I find bio signals, but the UI isn't updating. I'm sure I'm just missing something but if anyone can point me at it, I would sure appreciate it.

edit: The UI has correct info when I start the program, just never updates. no freezing, can cycle tabs, just never updates.

Edit2: Fixed the issue. My route was too long. >300 jumps. Cut it in half, working fine.

Last edited:
Curiously I'm also having an issue with the UI updating properly.

I tried completely re-installing EDEB to no effect. in the logs it says for example it is changing my 'current activity' but in EDEB it is frozen on plotting route. I can confirm If I have text to speech on, it will prompt me for discovering new bodies, yet nothing changes in EDEB. It's essentially frozen and won't update no matter what I do in-game.

I also tried doing a smaller route, of 1 system even and still won't update my UI.

Attachments

• Elite Dangerous Exploration Buddy.log
    15.3 KB · Views: 27
After another full re-install including rebooting the PC and starting the game up again the UI still freezes, even though the log seems to state that it is changing the current activity. In the route/bodies list all of the info is also all greyed out strangely, I can only get the UI to seemingly function if I plot a new route, anything else I do and nothing updates. Ill add the new log here if it's any help, there seems to be a new large error.

I do have EDDI and EDDiscovery running in the background and they both update as normal and send data to INARA / EDSM successfully.

Attachments

• Elite Dangerous Exploration Buddy.log
    8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
After another full re-install including rebooting the PC and starting the game up again the UI still freezes, even though the log seems to state that it is changing the current activity. In the route/bodies list all of the info is also all greyed out strangely, I can only get the UI to seemingly function if I plot a new route, anything else I do and nothing updates. Ill add the new log here if it's any help, there seems to be a new large error.

I do have EDDI and EDDiscovery running in the background and they both update as normal and send data to INARA / EDSM successfully.
Hi and thanks for reporting!
I have checked the error (it's something with EDSM) and will try to fix it, however, I do not believe that this causes the frozen UI. It seems that the Buddy itself is not frozen because speech output seems to work and also logging.
For test purposes, can you please try to run EDEB together with ED and without any other 3rd Party Tool?
Are you using the default path for ED journal files (<user>\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous)?
Can you check your latest journal file if there are any bodies present?

Also, I wonder if you were visiting only systems that you already visited in-game. Then there are no (new) journal entries for bodies and EDEB will only show bodies that are read from EDSM (which might fail in your case currently) or read from EDEB's History (which you don't have yet).
So maybe EDEB is just displaying nothing. Can you test this by flying to a system that is not yet discovered?

Hi Sorry for the late reply and thank you for getting back to me. I've been away on holiday to Japan and only just got back. Ill test it all shortly, but seems like your theory about visiting only systems that I'd already visited is correct. I guess I was just confused as when say scanning planets in said system, it wouldn't populate any of the bodies in EDEB and if I then flew out of the system it would be stuck in plotting route. Il get back to you ASAP!

Pre-release version 1.5.8 is available on EDEB's discord server for beta testing for anyone who is interested. The new version features a complete rewrite of the planetary exploration value system and now calculates cartographic values and displays your personal status for every body in a system.

BodyCarthographicValueTooltip.png
MainWindowProgressTooltip.png

To join beta testing EDEB, start here:
(expires in 7 days)

A new version of EDEB is available for download/update: 1.5.9
It includes:
  • Complete revision for exploration values in EDEB
  • Cartographic Value columns with a tooltips containing details on personal cartographic progress
    BodyCarthographicValueTooltip.png

• A progress value that shows the overall progress of cartography and exobiology in the system
    RouteViewProgressTooltip.png
  • The journal file path and a threshold value for valuable bodies can now be set in the preferences
    PreferencesConfigurationPathAndValues.png
  • Improved surface scan icon reflecting several states of the surface scan status
    BodySurfaceScanStatusTooltip.png

• and more ...
Full update notes can be found here:

Top Bottom