Discussion EDMC - Screenshot: try this if you're having issues loading the plugin

o7 CMDRs

If you use this awesome screenshot tool and face yourself with issues loading it in the EDMC since yesterday, you can follow the instructions bellow for a temporary workaround/fix:

@EDIT - the issue is fixed now. Thanks for the quick response @LCU No Fool Like One

1 - open the load.py script ("C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\EDMarketConnector\plugins\EDMC-Screenshot-3.4.0\load.py") with notepad++;
2 - add ' this.status_text = "Ready"' (without apostrophe, starting with the space, you can copy-paste it) into line 73;
3 - comment the following lines, adding a '#' (without apostrophe) in the beginning of lines 74 to 84 and line 221;

scriptfix.PNG

It should be like this after your modification (dont forget line 221)

4 - the plugin should load now, but with no auto update function;

The script seems to check an URL that is no longer accessible thus leading to plugin startup fail. More details about this issue is being discussed in this GitHub topic.

I'm not the developer, i'm just an user that managed to find a workaround to keep the plugin working.

Last edited:
Or just comment out the call to the function in line 112:
Python:
111     debug("plugin_start" + this.mask.get());
112     #checkVersion()
113     this.status_text = "no version check done"

Hi Everyone, it looks like google may have made some permissions changes for published sheets which means you cant access them unless I publicly share the sheet. It should work for you now. Or at least it is for me currently. Let me know if you are still having problems

Hi Everyone, it looks like google may have made some permissions changes for published sheets which means you cant access them unless I publicly share the sheet. It should work for you now. Or at least it is for me currently. Let me know if you are still having problems
I've rolled back the modifications and the plugin loaded normally.

And also thanks for providing the community with such great tool by the way.

Top Bottom