Powerplay Faction: Edmund Mahon Edmund Mahon - Week 29 Overview

Cycle Recap:

Absolutely nothing interesting happened in Mahon space during cycle 28. I repeat, nothing interesting happened in Mahon space during cycle 28. It would appear that everyone was off exploring planets these last few days, and it really showed in the amount of undermining and opposition we saw.

We came out of the cycle with a successful expansion into Benanekpeno, we got the preparation targets we wanted, and having had no need to rush fortifications during the last hours, our wallets were also left in decent shape. Oh, and we apparently set a new record for highest number of weeks spent at #1 in the galactic rankings, with a total of 10 weeks in first place, beating the previous record holder Arissa Lavingy-Duval at 9 weeks. All in all, a good cycle, but uncharacteristically quiet.

We can't expect the quiet to last forever though, so here are the current priorities:

---

Fortification - DONE:

Remember: Fortifying above 100% does nothing.

---

Preparations - High priority:

DesirabilityNameCurrent Work Needed*True Value*AllegianceActionNearest ControlControl Allegiance
1Dhanchu117516.9IndependentPUSHAranyFederation
2HIP 85686190019.9PUSH

Please spend nominations on the listed systems, and avoid preparing anything not listed.

---

Expansion - Low priority:

RankSystem NameGovernmentActionNearest ControlControl Government
1GCRV 2743IndependentHOLDIningIndependent
1UrarinaFederationPUSHRoborFederation

Note: GCRV 2743 is a former Li Yong-Rui control system they lost due to turmoil. We've been told they don't want it back, which is why we're expanding to it.

---

Useful links from The Subreddit:

Teamspeak information can be found in the sidebar on the subreddit. Any Mahon pledge (or others who are interested) is more than welcome to join us there.

---

As always, the above are merely suggestions and not orders - The Alliance is not a military organization and pilots are free to pursue their own goals, but we definitely appreciate all the help we can get.

I will try to update the numbers in this post at least once per day, so check back regularly for updated priorities.

Last edited:
Update: The end of the cycle is getting close, and we're in good shape. Fortification is largely complete - several ships are working on Marasing right now and I expect it to be off the list within an hour or two, and everything else is just cleanup, really. HIP 80242 will stay on the list mostly to give people who need merits something to do if they prefer fortifying to prep and expansion, but shouldn't strictly be needed given the current rate of undermining.

The preparations and our expansion attempts still could use some attention. GCRV 2743 is too far gone (unless someone feels like dropping 20mil on it - and it really isn't THAT good for us), but Urarina is within reach. Both preferred preps also need some help still.

But overall, we're in good shape for the cycle everyone. Good work, and merry christmas everyone!

Hi guys. I am new to Elite and to this forum. Can someone guide me where I can stat to study why the systems mentioned here are the preferable ones? Also how and where to discuss tactics like what is the goal for this cycle and such things. Many thanks for replies.

Absolutely. Boiling it down to the basics, there are essentially two things to look for:

1) Profitability. For a thorough treatise on what makes a profitable system, take a look at The Economics of Powerplay by CMDR Vectron. The short version is that a system needs a displayed profit of at least 62cc to actually be profitable, because the game lies to you.

2) Effort required to fortify. This concerns a system's triggers, meaning how many merits are required to cancel any undermining that takes place. It depends on two things, the distance to headquarters and the government types of its exploited systems. This means that a system which is profitable but very far away from HQ may not be worth it in the long run, as it would take an inordinate amount of effort both to acquire and maintain.

This is a very basic overview though, and there's a lot more to it than that. But if you have questions and want to know more, even if it's just asking if or why a certain system is good or bad for us, feel free to drop by the Mahon teamspeak channel (listed in the sidebar on The Subreddit. We always like to talk about this stuff :)

That's also where we discuss cycle plans and the like, and we're always glad to get more input about that. It's an open group, the only requirement to be part of the planning is being pledged to Mahon and being willing to put in the time it takes, which is admittedly a fair bit (I personally spend several hours each week just maintaining the spreadsheets, and when it comes to that, I'm a lightweight compared to some - Speaking of the spreadsheets, those are also open for public viewing by all Here, and are used as the basis for many decisions. Funny factoid: Did you know the cell limit on Google sheets is 2,000,000 cells per sheet? We do, because at the Alliance Office of Statistics we hit the limit and had to make changes to get around it).

At any rate, hope this helps, and welcome to the Elite community!

Last edited:
Thanks a million for useful links and warm welcome from your side :) I will start to study everything here and such, BUT meanwhile I just want to share my ratings and everything and my main focus here:

Expert in Combat
Merchant in Trading
Scout in Exploration
So far 564 Merits
Ship - Asp Explorer

Rating 3 for Alliance so far and I am mainly combat focused so I like to destroy things...just point and I shoot :) Right now base of operation in Leesti System and doing trouble to Felicia Winters in "Codorain" System by shooting Federal Agents and Couriers to earn 30 Merits per ship.

AS I don't want to spend my time in useless manner I would like to know for a start where to go and what to shoot. And also it would be best that I know strategy in TeamSpeak Session too. So far I played 160 Hours and wanna do something for Alliance as I have upgrade my ship pretty useful, but still needs some rearrangements - Best to buy FDL.

Oh, if you drop by the teamspeak channel, you'll find plenty to do.

But if you get involved on that level, you may also find yourself a bit more constrained than you currently are. For example, we generally discourage undermining Winters since she has an ethos very similar to our own, and we tend to get along fairly well with their players. So if you want to wing up for combat merits, it'll likely be a different target - Most likely expansions that overlap our territory or helping other powers oppose expansions they do not want through the SCRAP initiative, since we currently have at least decent relations with all nearby powers.

But note that it is YOUR choice: Whatever it may seem like from the fact that we're making suggestions for targets etc., we are not the Mahon leadership. There is no such entity. And our various posts do no constitute orders. We're merely a group players who have an interest in figuring out the inner workings of the game, who are making suggestions based on that knowledge.

But the point is, there's plenty for a combat pilot to do :) And if you start winging up with people, you'll also find that merits come a lot faster than if you play alone, not to mention the additional fun and excitement that comes with teamwork.

[Edit] Just a heads up: Not sure just how many people are going to be around over the holidays, so don't despair if you pop into teamspeak and see an empty (or nearly so) room. There's usually 10+ people there on normal days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom