EDO Q&A Notes - [Supercruise News #26]

What is Frontline Solutions?
1615381565002.png

How does physical multicrew work? If you're in the same location (IE same station, same place on the ground), just Wing up and 'go into their ship'. They can drop you off, pick you up.
Wow, leave it to a Q&A not even posted by devs to satisfy me. Surprised they didn't do their own summary after the stream. This is good news, and I'm glad it's not just a telepresence, but you have to be in the same station. Now it's just up to ask them if Fleet Carriers will also have an interior area.

I was in the Col sector 359 sa-t about to set off and do some mining when I got my second "Scarlet Kraiit" error for the day, thinking I had a secure connection.

Vid
  • AI has been improved since that build. AI they were fighting were lower rank. The guys did die a fair bit while filming but there was some 'artistic license' in how they presented the final assault. [11m+]
  • Red barrels do go bang [13m]
  • Rings don't cast shadows on landable worlds in EDO [37m]
  • They were on an old branch so they couldn't tamper with ongoing tests. First thing they did was to try going in guns blazing, and they died a lot. When going stealthy they got caught cutting the panel. [40m]
  • In one playthrough top mili rank with 'badass armour' did turn up and annihilate them. [42m+]
  • Loaded in to wrong branch at one point, and realised that the power building had a different doorway. Got surprised by reinforcements pouring into the room through that door. [42m30s]
  • Why didn't help by taking out the Viper etc? Because everything kicked off when he tried, and it's a lot harder when the defences are still active. (Also only had cannons as loadout, wasn't intending to fight. Did shoot the ground a bit.) [43m]
  • There's nothing you can't do single player. Although obviously some stuff easier with others. [45m]
  • At one point they forgot they were carrying illegal power regulator from previous run through. Got scanned. [45m30s]
  • Keen to show exploration and POI stuff. Crashed ships to explore etc. [46m30s]
  • Managed to spawn themselves in orbit in their spacesuit by mistake with dev tools. Clarifies this won't be possible in game and there is no zero G stuff in EDO. [47m]
  • Thinks Alpha will be 6 weeks, but needs to check. [47m45s]
  • Anywhere you can land you can walk around. Including spooky places like Guardian/Thargoid sites. [48m]
  • You can change weapons and suit in both ship and SRV [49m]
  • Can't drop or lose weapons. But will lose stuff from backpack on death. Capacity varies between suits. The scavenger suit has largest capacity etc. Combat suit has small capacity, and has to fill some of that with consumables to get past security systems. [52m25s]
  • Alpha can be streamed by players. [53m45s]
  • Areas reachable on foot that SRVs can't reach? Yes every building at the settlement they visited could be entered. Various things to see and interact with. [54m]
  • Can you kill with the arc cutter? No, because can't have dismemberment in the game... [55m]
  • Are working on non-combat footage to show us but no ETA. [55m45s]
  • You can definitely kill other players on foot. [56m]
  • Frontline Solutions allow you to join big battles. [56m15s]
  • How does physical multicrew work? If you're in the same location (IE same station, same place on the ground), just Wing up and 'go into their ship'. They can drop you off, pick you up. [57m45s]
  • Even if in a Wing, you can refuse boarding permission if you want. You can drive other's SRVs. [1h]
  • CQC? They're very fond of it, and are intending to put community feedback to devs. But no solid plans, all hands to the pump on EDO. [58m30s]

Don't know if anyone noticed but there's a rather strange occurrence in the video. As it is not for the faint hearted, I've put the video in spoilers.

Source

Top Bottom