EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Ok, this is a weird one. EDProfiler was working just fine until today, when I decided to check some VR settings. When opening the app I get and parsing error from .NET with an error code 0XC00CE56.
Tried uninstalling and re-installing, same error.
Tried to fix .NET install, no change.

The whole error is:

Error parsing
C:\\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config
Parser returned error 0XC00CE56

I'm on Windows 11 if that has any significance. Though EDProfiler has worked perfectly before in Win 11.

EDIT: I actually managed to fix this. I went to the path shown in the error, renamed the machine.config to machine.configBACKUP and made a copy of the file machine.config.default and renamed the copy to machine.config

EDProfiler works again!

Last edited:
I just installed EDProfiler, and upon attempting to run, get Unhandled exception, "Could not find file 'C:\Users\00ian\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\bindings\StartPreset.4.start'"

I deleted %localappdata%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics folder, as well as my entire ...\My Documents\EDProfiler folder, then started Elite, went to Graphics Options, hit apply and then restarted EDProfiler (which reinstalled it). The problem persists.

Hello all
I really enjoy Dr Kaii's work and I'm a follower for some time. I really enjoy his videos. Yesterday I decided to - at last - install ED profiler on my machine and use it for my Elite Dangerous journeys. If I ever get the time to log some flight hours on the game that is... :D

Anyway I noticed a minor issue after installing it and wanted to report it so that it can be fixed on future releases.

When you click on the back button at the bottom right corner of the window it should take you to the forums. The link there is: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...er-Robust-Settings-Profiler-Switcher-Detector! That is no longer the correct link. The correct link is https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...st-settings-profiler-switcher-detector.262552. Still the same thread, slightly different link.

It appears that setting Super Sampling in EDProfiler does not work; it always resets to 1.00
I have sent drKaii an email but there has been no response.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Is this tool being supported any longer? I'm having issues and I've emailed Dr Kaii and got no response.
I've had issues as well but there's no response.
Reading your current profile will limit the framerate to 5 so you'll have to edit that in the settings file manually. That bug has been there for ages.
Also, super sampling is always set to 1, no matter what you set and that's been around for a while as well.
Kinda looks like it's been abandoned but also kinda looks like it's been updated recently? Dunno really.

I just get this when i run it
1677834062845.png

If I click OK it crashes and doesn't go any further. If I remove Custom.4.0.fxcfg file it runs and asks me ti run Eli9te and save the config, which I do, then I'm back to the same thing again.

I just get this when i run it
View attachment 347411

If I click OK it crashes and doesn't go any further. If I remove Custom.4.0.fxcfg file it runs and asks me ti run Eli9te and save the config, which I do, then I'm back to the same thing again.
I would suggest it's not compatible with the version of the game we are running, I was running it on old Horizons 3.8 quite a while back and it ran fine, but the version I have no longer works with Odyssey, as it says in the message the bindings files may have changed and the program needs to be updated to reflect that, since it doesn't seem to be being updated at the moment you will have to give up or wait for it to be updated, a lot has changed since the last new version.

Using Oculus Rift in Elite Dangerous Horizon, and clicking "Detect Current Settings," I always get "Please start the game, save a setting, and try again." This will cause the game to generate the correct files for ED Profiler to manipulate, which I've done many times now which never stops the popup. Profiler is forever defaulting to Odyssey as well.

Last edited:
HELP I Inadvertantly deleated ED Profiler after a reinstall of windows 11 ,Dr Kaii webpage no longer works, Where can I get a download for this software I have been using it for years with no trouble at any time .After the reinstall of windows I stupedly deleated loads of downloaded files at the one go and everything was shrded not put in the recycle bin

Hi Tried the link all I got was a HTTP error 404 The requested resource is not found. tried in MSEDGE and Chrome

Page worked for me but the download link no longer works, oh well, maybe someone has the installer package stored somewhere and they can upload it for you.

Hang on, try this and see what happens, it downloaded for me.

I take no responsibilty for it though, so your own risk.

Hi Scripts are active and im not useing a VPN and still get the same message in both browsers

In case it helps, I'm using Firefox, I did have to copy and paste and edit a bit to get to that direct download link though, the page for me is just text lines and hyperlinks.

Top Bottom